Inverness Ct V Motherwell Sat 2 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Win this and then top 4 becomes a distinct possibility.

Slight concern is the absence of McGhee and Robinson for much of the next fortnight. Hopefully the players enjoy their rest and can then pick up from where they left off.

Not only does top 4 become a distinct possibility but if Celtic win the cup then 4th will get a Europa league place so there is still a slim chance for McGhee to do a repeat of his 1st season last time round and take us into Europe, given where we were at the end of January the turnaround in the team has been fantastic. As for ICT we will have them going 2-0 to the good guys.

With Dundee winning comfortably then we need to win this game in order to keep up hopes for top 6.

We could beat Celtic or even a draw but chances are they will be very tough to beat.

As for talking Europe. Unlikely.

Right now we should take one step at a time and try and get Top six football. However if we get there I don't see finishing fourth as any less likely that any other team below Hearts.

Think we will need at least 3 points though so we just make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves.

Is scotrail friends fare still available? Price coming up on search showing around £163 !

I think the friends fare is only available on certain trains, we always go up on the Friday and make a weekend of it and it has always been available, but not sure of the Saturday trains. You need to make sure when you are searching that you make it for 4 adults or the friends fare if available wont be given as an option.

Is scotrail friends fare still available? Price coming up on search showing around £163 !

Checking on Trainline Queen Street out 9.24 leaving Inverness 17.30 £54.40. Never been there on train before so dont know if 17.30 is doable from stadium. Do know is about 20 min walk stadium to centre.

Checking on Trainline Queen Street out 9.24 leaving Inverness 17.30 £54.40. Never been there on train before so dont know if 17.30 is doable from stadium. Do know is about 20 min walk stadium to centre.

Ps. Also from/to Central out 30 mins later possibly because direct. Return arrives earlier too.

If the game finishes about 4.50 then you could make it, as it is at least a 20 min walk to the station. Best bet is to get a taxi to the game and arrange for him to come back for you after the match, we have done it a few times when we have been up there, pretty cheap as well if there are 2 or 3 of you.

I think we can win it against Inverness but I think it will also be a tough game since we haven't beat Inverness since the opening game of the season. I know Inverness have a lot of there starting 11 back from injury but I think we will win 3-0 and hopefully clinch top 6. Johnson to get the first goal for us, Skippy to get the second and Moult to finish Inverness off.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure but I think a win guarantees us top six because of the teams who are chasing us all have to play each other (County have to play Thistle and Dundee) which means they all can't catch us and us beating Inverness kills them stone dead. Could be wrong, I've tried working this out countless times.

Not sure but I think a win guarantees us top six because of the teams who are chasing us all have to play each other (County have to play Thistle and Dundee) which means they all can't catch us and us beating Inverness kills them stone dead. Could be wrong, I've tried working this out countless times.

By my reckoning, the only way we don't get top six with a win on Saturday is if Thistle and Dundee both win all 3 of their remaining fixtures and we lose against Celtic. They can both overtake us.

All other connotations mean we are top six.

edit - Actually 2 wins and a draw for both of them could do it on goal difference, too. As long as they both beat County.

Just noticed another one - If we win on Sat and if County draw 1 and win 1 the team they draw against can win their other 2 and, if we get beat by Celtic, all 3 will be on 44 points and we have the worst goal difference.

2nd edit - looking at the fixtures it could possibly be a straight play-off type situation between County & Partick for 6th place at the last fixture before the split.

What wouldn't be ideal is if County and Partick go in to this game needing a draw to both make top six given we'll have played Celtic at lunchtime.

If we beat ICT then we are pretty much assured of a top 6 finish however if we win and Ross county and Killie do the same then its guaranteed.