Scottish League Cup - First Round Motherwell V Rangers Sat 16 Jul 15:00

texanwellfan

Hope i did'nt miss it or I'll feel really stupid but didn;t see a match thread started.

So any players rulle dout from injury or suspension? Not feeling good about the game but still, great to back to sme regular good old Motherwell football instead of all this interntaionl pish

Poor friendly form, missing important players and a big hole in the midfield won't be encouraging many of a third win on the trot against Rangers.

Think Rangers have only played one friendly and they have a lot of new players so it's difficult to really judge what we are up against but looking at the squad you'd have to assume Rangers will be able to dominate the midfield tomorrow.

One potential bright spot is that Rangers record away from home under Warbuton has not been great so, fingers crossed, that remains after Saturday.

Sevco's pre season has been like an amateur team.

I believe they've only played one game. New players like Barton etc seem to be more keen on taking in the golf rather than doing a pre-season so even though we've been poor in our games I still think we'll beat them and beat them comfortable.

I have to be honest tho and consider this to be a pre season game rather than a cup match, I cant see this League cup format working....no one is really that ar5ed this early in the season.

Looking forward to competitive action even if the 2 teams won't be fully up to speed.

I would go:

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden McHugh Johnson

McDonald Blyth Moult

Going with Moult as I was reading yesterday McGhee is up for giving him injections as long as no long term effect. If not then probably Moult out, Johnson up top and Campbell in.

Well 3-1. Fuck it - no idea what teams will turn up.

Looking forward to competitive action even if the 2 teams won't be fully up to speed.

I would go:

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden McHugh Johnson

McDonald Blyth Moult

Going with Moult as I was reading yesterday McGhee is up for giving him injections as long as no long term effect. If not then probably Moult out, Johnson up top and Campbell in.

Well 3-1. Fuck it - no idea what teams will turn up.

I admire your confidence , and I know rangers are shite, but I'd still prefer it if we played a keeper .

• Like 1

Slightly worried about the midfield with lasley missing but I think McGhee will have a plan.

Lasley's absence is an issue but presumably McHugh has been brought in as his long term replacement. Overall, though, as many have observed central midfield is very light and we need probably another 2 players in there. Of more concern to me is the lack of a replacement for Pearo. We do not have an attacking/creative midfielder.

Make no mistake some of their players and the majority of their fans see this as a chance to excorcise a ghost from the play off game. When according to them their players and fans were attacked and goaded and generally mistreated. The irony is not lost on me..

Truth is we must be up for this from the off and all playing must perform to a good standard (unlike hibs) or it could be a reverse of that scoreline a little over a year ago.

My heart says we win on penalties, my head tells me they will be a little stronger around the park and win by a couple of goals. Hope not. We shall see.

Make no mistake some of their players and the majority of their fans see this as a chance to excorcise a ghost from the play off game. When according to them their players and fans were attacked and goaded and generally mistreated. The irony is not lost on me.

Not sure about players being "attacked" but I do believe that have a good case to claim "goaded and generally mistreated". If opposing fans had acted like that to me I'd be pissed off.