Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

5 hours ago, grumpy said:

I would have liked him more if he hadn't continually been trying to score directly with corner kicks.

I remember that time he nearly hit one past the first man.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

My only real recollection of him was the free kick he scored in the dying minutes against the Midden in Paisley to win 1 0.

Scenes that day.

The very late free kick to score an away goal for us in Odense was my memory of him, lost a good watch in the celebrations that day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

I had a look at their forum and it seems mostly positive regarding his appointment.

Not surprised, they're 100 times better than County after all.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Looking like it if word on street is correct. Clarke doing his usual Mr loyal but won't grudge Liam a place after loyalty he has shown.

Yeah good for him 

15 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

To clarify - do we get a payout if he is?

I believe that the team a player played for in the season leading up to a tournament is due payment. And pro rata if a player switched sides mid season. That would make sense and seem fair.

Not 100% sure but I think I read that on the Uefa site before the last Euros. Kelly is not unique in being homeless at present. Armstrong just joined that club.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I believe that the team a player played for in the season leading up to a tournament is due payment. And pro rata if a player switched sides mid season. That would make sense and seem fair.

Not 100% sure but I think I read that on the Uefa site before the last Euros. Kelly is not unique in being homeless at present. Armstrong just joined that club.

Cheers 👍

Pleased for Kelly.  But Craig Gordon must really be done. Be nice to get the payment though. Every little helps! 😆😆😆 

35 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Pleased for Kelly.  But Craig Gordon must really be done. Be nice to get the payment though. Every little helps! 😆😆😆 

Any half decent coach would never have selected a 41 Yr old keeper irrespective of how he was at his prime who's only played 7 games in over 2 years for a major tournament in the 1st place, Clarke is feckin hopeless.

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Any half decent coach would never have selected a 41 Yr old keeper irrespective of how he was at his prime who's only played 7 games in over 2 years for a major tournament in the 1st place, Clarke is feckin hopeless.

Given that Gunn will be starting, and the third goalie is only there to pick up the cones, I suspect that Clarke just wanted to see what condition Gordon was in before making his final squad selection. Gordon is one of the best keepers Scotland have produced, but is well past it now and would only have been selected on an emotional level, not something Clarke is noted for. Kelly being in the squad appears to give us some added income, not to be sneezed at, so on that level, I'm happy enough with his selection.

I'm not a huge fan of Steve Clarke, he is a bit too cautious for my taste, but I would disagree with describing him as hopeless, he has got us to two more tournaments than Vogts, Smith, McLeish, Burley, Levein & Strachan managed between them. At least we have two weeks of added interest before reverting to ABE.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Yeah. Glad to see he's signed on till after the euros so we can get some cash. 

How do we know that Liam Kelly has signed on until after the Euros? I've seen references to this but can't find the official source. How much is it worth? Presumably we'll split any monies received with Kelly himself.