Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Tony Watt on the move again? This is becoming a habit.

He's made a lot of cash over the years Dave conning teams into thinking he's a good player to get lucrative contracts and signing on fees, then moving on when they find out he's brutal, all based on one goal against Barcelona 10 years ago, good work if you can get it.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Reece McAlear joins Ayr on loan.

And this is why our kids should always stay on and play a couple of years in the first team before moving on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mio said:

Just saw that Billy Thompson died today, always seemed like a great guy and always did well for us when he played. Absolute shame. 

Was sad to see that.

Was a good goalkeeper who's time at Motherwell was kind of overshadowed falling between Ally Maxwell and Sieb Dykstra.

2 hours ago, mio said:

Just saw that Billy Thompson died today, always seemed like a great guy and always did well for us when he played. Absolute shame. 

Daily Record of course headlining that story with "former Dundee United and Rangers goalkeeper Billy Thomson".

image.png.411e13b036a50e8b31b8807db28e0f81.png

Very sad to hear this.

He was a very able replacement for Ally Maxwell and if I recall correctly played in goals during our first ever European campaign.

Another one gone far too soon........

Very sad to hear of the passing of Billy Thomson. I have to admit that I never thought he was a particularly good goalie but he obviously had a pretty successful professional career so what do I know? I can confirm, as others have already stated, that he was a genuinely nice guy. I met him a couple of times when he was at United and I was a student in Dundee, through a mutual St Mirren supporting friend, and he was an absolute gent. Then, a few years later, as a good run under wee Tommy was coming to an abrupt end at St Johnstone, he was warming up to probably get away from the dugout and he recognised ma in the crowd and came over to say hello. We were absolutely toothless that day so I suggested he could be thrown on up front as a target man. He smiled and said he’d be happy to give it a go. Nice guy and taken too soon. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. RIP.

• Like 2

It was interesting reading a newspaper article there of Trevor Carson. Promoting the Sellick Midden SC tie he was just talking about his proposed move to Parkhead in 2018, apparently we had agreed a fee and he was essentially oot the door. We had agreed to get Freddie Woodman in on loan from Newcastle United but Aberdeen hijacked that move as the guy was on his way up the M74.