Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Maybe he's coming back

He recently stated that he has no interest in becoming a football coach. He is, however, already a CrossFit coach.

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/st-mirren-defender-richard-tait-coaching-crossfit-new-contract-3556307

And we did offer him support to become a coach during the 2020 contract saga.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/06/21/clarification-on-remarks-made-by-richard-tait/

tl;dr

No ill feeling towards the club.

The direct quote I see from Tait on the BBC website is:

"I actually signed the contract and sent it back but it was a bit of a wait to hear back from them.

"Obviously, the league finished and Motherwell were third, so I thought the contract was fine. But they rang me and pretty much tried to change terms. I walked away out of principle more than anything.

"I've no ill feeling towards the club but I felt at the time they were just taking advantage of a bad situation. So, I just thought I'd take a risk and leave and luckily for me it worked out."

and the club said:

"We made a promise to Richard that we would look to review his contract at a later date, once there was greater clarity over supporters being able to return to stadiums," it read.

"We are disheartened that someone who has been part of the fabric of our club for four years would make an accusation that we would try and take advantage of a grave situation like Covid-19.

"It should therefore be noted that Richard chose to reject the new terms offered to him by the club. We did not withdraw the opportunity for him to remain part of Motherwell Football Club. He is fully entitled to follow this path and we respect his right to do so."

I'm sure everyone that lost their income during Covid was gutted for him.

He had the contract for a while, then actually signed it after the situation with covid had changed, hoping the club would just rubber stamp it. But they couldn't for the reasons given regards the uncertainty around the situation.

So I for one have no sympathy for him.

• Like 2

Daily Record are claiming that Bohemians in Ireland have offered Dan Casey a sizeable deal. If Bohemians can offer better terms than us then we're in serious trouble.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Daily Record are claiming that Bohemians in Ireland have offered Dan Casey a sizeable deal. If Bohemians can offer better terms than us then we're in serious trouble.

already discussed in the other thread

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Think the better offer can be easily discounted before usual suspects tell us we’re now being priced out of moves by League of Ireland outfits - Bohemians will be wanting him to bolster them mid-season.

On 7/5/2023 at 7:31 AM, yosemite sam said:

He had the contract for a while, then actually signed it after the situation with covid had changed, hoping the club would just rubber stamp it. But they couldn't for the reasons given regards the uncertainty around the situation.

So I for one have no sympathy for him.

Exactly! He's a fucking idiot.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Mandron signs for Buddies. Unusual for them to sign an ex well player.   Probably tempting fate when they play us but I am glad we didn't offer him a new deal

We were still chasing him last week, they’ve bettered an offer.

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

When any credible information is thin on the ground, this will tend to stick out.

Variables on what constitutes bettering offers. St Mirren’s problem now.

For me Obika is the better player by a distance.

Whether we can keep him fit remains to be seen.

Would rather any of our scarce resources were spent elsewhere in the team.

21 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Phew!! No offence to the French Crawford Baptie but I think it's a lucky escape 

The big man made Crawford Baptie look like a total athlete......

• Haha 1

Mandarin wasn’t THAT bad, but happy he hasn’t re-signed. Obika is a better player.

Still needing another striker, or maybe Efford is being put into that role. Not exactly loving our forward options going into the new season so far.