Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Moult with another start and another goal in a pre season friendly yesterday.

So glad we didnt take the risk on him. No place for dewey eyed sentiment in football.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Halcyon days.

I often find my mind drifting back to that wet Tuesday night in 2012 as we lost 2-0 to Panathinaikos without laying a glove on them. Ah such memories and such fun.

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Halcyon days.

I often find my mind drifting back to that wet Tuesday night in 2012 as we lost 2-0 to Panathinaikos without laying a glove on them. Ah such memories and such fun.

Not my recollection of the game at all.

We played some very nice football on the night and were schooled on the importance of being clinical and taking your chances.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

"We are all Stuart McCall.........."

Definetly great days under Stuart McCall , with the exception of the last 6 months 

My memory of the game apart from the great atmosphere and playing against a much better side on the night was the Rangers fans rage that we took their place in the Champions League qualifiers

22 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Definetly great days under Stuart McCall , with the exception of the last 6 months 

My memory of the game apart from the great atmosphere and playing against a much better side on the night was the Rangers fans rage that we took their place in the Champions League qualifiers

That was last game my dad and I were at together, disappointed with result obviously but very poignant and from Ajax in 1977 being first game we went to together to champions league qualifier the last it's not bad for 2 decent opponents.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2023 at 5:23 AM, MJC said:

Halcyon days.

Sounds like how the Glasgow two describe virtually every Champions League game they ever play.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Sounds like how the Glasgow two describe virtually every Champions League game they ever play.

I don't see your point to be honest. The Old Firm clubs are capable of winning some games in the Champions League as history shows. It's a level which is probably beyond the reach of both of them but they have shown they are able to compete to some extent at times.

In our case and in the case of the 2012 game v PAO, we were completely out of our depth and never looked like doing anything in what was a preliminary qualifying round for the CL. There was a bit of excitement of the novelty of us "playing in the Champions League" before the game but reality soon hit home when the referee blew the first whistle. 

Good luck to Carson, except against us obviously. A good solid keeper for us and was pivotal in Robinson’s revival and Cup runs in the 17/18 season. Celtic were actually ready to sign him in January 2018 before they signed Scott Bain, that’s how high his stock had risen in his first six months with us.

Dundee signing Carson is a bit of a strange one having just signed Norwich keeper Jon McCracken (a Wishaw boy) on loan.

I’d have thought they will be paying a fair whack of his wage which I don’t think will be cheap and Carson will be on a decent wage so quite a bit of cash for one of them to sit on the bench seems crazy to me.