S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Mind a few months ago when everyone was raging because we lost to Barrow?

I do indeed and was mildly amused at it all. Pre season is when you find out what works and what doesn't, who can do what and who can't, etc etc. Lessons learned against Gateshead and Barrow have contributed to our great start.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fully merits the new deal, the transformation of the team compared to last year has been terrific, although its still early in the season still plenty to be very positive about for the coming weeks and months ahead. Robinson comitting his future could also entice other players to stay longer as well.

• Like 2

Robbo has had a brilliant few months but let's not get carried away.

He's doing far better than I thought. What will be the making of him though will be as we get to the half way stage in the season and teams know how we play.

Indded but also a measure of how good the players are too. it's a good sign when the opposition knows how you are going to play, you play accordingly, and they still can't stop you :-) Reminds of Higdon's penalty against Celtic a few years back. His whole body langauge was, "I'm going to hit this in your top left corner" where it promptly went and the goalie never even got close to it.

• Like 1

Robbo has had a brilliant few months but let's not get carried away.

He's doing far better than I thought. What will be the making of him though will be as we get to the half way stage in the season and teams know how we play.

Tbf I don't think we've got a specific way of playing. It's not like Leicester and their long ball to Vardy tactic. Our success so far has just been running over the top of teams. The level of effort applied by everyone has increased by about 200% compared to last season.