S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Good piece of business. Very impressed with the way club are going about things right now. Planning ahead instead of reacting to circumstances like we have in the past. No guarantee of success but should put us on a firmer footing.

I see Oldham have just appointed a successor to Robbo's successor.

I know many believe his time there to be a car crash but all things in context.

John Sheriden took over immediately from Robinson in January, but won only 10 of his 33 games in charge.

A statement on the Oldham website said the board had "not seen the progression we hoped with what was felt to be the nucleus of a good squad".

Was that the nucleus that Robbo put together?

Robbo had to work under financial pressures at Oldham as he started pre-season with only seven contracted players due to the club being under a transfer embargo since November prior to his appointment.

Robinson won seven, drew 11 and lost 15 of his 33 games in charge of Oldham.

Comparing apples for apples, against an experienced manager like Sheriden (three terms in the Oldham hot seat), I think he was on a hiding to nothing and in context, didn't do that bad at all.

What a difference when in a steadier place and with a board who believe in him.

I see Oldham have just appointed a successor to Robbo's successor.

I know many believe his time there to be a car crash but all things in context.

John Sheriden took over immediately from Robinson in January, but won only 10 of his 33 games in charge.

A statement on the Oldham website said the board had "not seen the progression we hoped with what was felt to be the nucleus of a good squad".

Was that the nucleus that Robbo put together?

Robbo had to work under financial pressures at Oldham as he started pre-season with only seven contracted players due to the club being under a transfer embargo since November prior to his appointment.

Robinson won seven, drew 11 and lost 15 of his 33 games in charge of Oldham.

Comparing apples for apples, against an experienced manager like Sheriden (three terms in the Oldham hot seat), I think he was on a hiding to nothing and in context, didn't do that bad at all.

What a difference when in a steadier place and with a board who believe in him.

100%. I was saying this at the time he was appointed - you don't have to look far to read about how much of an abnormal situation that was.

If anything - I think we've got an even better manager for that experience at Oldham and Robinson has said as much on a few occasions.

I was one to say give him time. I'm pleased with the team,signings,style of play and the off field stuff

What's surprising me is I'm really starting to like the guy and what he has to say is a breath of fresh air. From McGee and his ramblings to MCCalls fear of upsetting his beloved. We now have a man that only wants to talk about Motherwell and what we will do. His post Rangers interview was superb. It was insightful honest and funny with no agenda.

Keep it up Robbo.

I think this all comes down to something hat was said in one of the articles over the weekend, is that the club knows what it is, and embraces it. We've brought in a manager and players who know they can use the club to further their careers, but they have to earn it and be respectful of the club in the meantime. We made a big point of recruiting the right characters, and its paying off.

• Like 2

I love the fact that he is already talking about beating Celtic in the final.

They maybe a bigger club. They maybe able to buy better players than us. If they play to their best they will win.

But they are human.

Their run WILL end sometime.

Why NOT us?

My only twinge is that Mr R seems to be playing up the "we are limited and physical" idea today on radio tonight. I think we're much better than that and I'm sure he knows that too, so not sure what he's up to at the mo. The performance against AFC was electrifying.

We don't want to be perceived as the Hearts of the 80s, do we? We need to avoid stoking up trouble for ourselves in the future as other teams play up to the refs and our squad is weakened by suspension.

We are better than that.

My only twinge is that Mr R seems to be playing up the "we are limited and physical" idea today on radio tonight. I think we're much better than that and I'm sure he knows that too, so not sure what he's up to at the mo. The performance against AFC was electrifying.

We don't want to be perceived as the Hearts of the 80s, do we? We need to avoid stoking up trouble for ourselves in the future as other teams play up to the refs and our squad is weakened by suspension.

We are better than that.

Somewhat along those lines we need to be smart and controlled when we play them at Ibrox. I'm sure they will be raising their level of physicality but we just need to keep doing what we have been doing and not get dragged into a brawl. By what I can tell from comments we didn't really play anywhere close to our best but still managed 56% possession and a 2- 0 victory. Perhaps our next visit to ibrox could result in another joyous weekend ?

We are better than that.

As physical as they were, there was a fair amount of talent in that Hearts team of the 80s.

All the while we get dismissed as being nothing more than a bunch of hammer throwers by those who dont watch us much, wee Robbo will continue to perpetuate that myth with chat like that whilst quietly getting that team clicking and diligently going about its business.

As physical as they were, there was a fair amount of talent in that Hearts team of the 80s.

All the while we get dismissed as being nothing more than a bunch of hammer throwers by those who dont watch us much, wee Robbo will continue to perpetuate that myth with chat like that whilst quietly getting that team clicking and diligently going about its business.

To be fair, from what I've heard and read in the media yesterday and today has been paying us a compliment to our physical side and Rangers failure to match it.

Most the radio pundits have been slating Alves for his post-match comments and in the 20 or so minutes I heard of the clyde phone-in, even Rangers fans seemed to accept it was their team which failed to match up to us and the Pedro is a donkey.

I love his mantra that we are bigger, stronger and fitter than anyone. That confidence is utterly refreshing. Might not be as good as our opponents technically, but we are fitter and will out last them and not only do we know it, the opposition know it.

I admit to be utterly uninspired by Robbo's appointment and thought it was a complete cop-out and missed opportunity, although was happy to give him time to prove him wrong.

And he has, and then some.

So far he has worked wonders and been a absolute revelation for the club, not only ditching the deadwood and recruiting well, but recruiting to a specific character in order to assemble a team rather than just fill out a squad. Genuinely think this team is capable of something truly special, and not had that feeling since McGhee's first spell.

• Like 2

Press Conference this morning .....

"Pedro doesn't need to concern himself with the final" ..... Yasssss

Next showed how well briefed he was and shows how the media team and Flow anticipated the type of questioning especially from that STV hack in particular.

"Ryan Bowman has played 45 games in Scotland and been booked 3 times, is that a dirty player?"

"In 5 years he's been booked 9 times"

"Rangers have committed 115 fouls so far, we have made 106"

It's all about context, hit them with facts and their agenda is quashed.

Finally he said something pertinent "I think a number of people didn't want us there"

Fantastic

• Like 7

Press Conference this morning .....

"Pedro doesn't need to concern himself with the final" ..... Yasssss

Next showed how well briefed he was and shows how the media team and Flow anticipated the type of questioning especially from that STV hack in particular.

"Ryan Bowman has played 45 games in Scotland and been booked 3 times, is that a dirty player?"

"In 5 years he's been booked 9 times"

"Rangers have committed 115 fouls so far, we have made 106"

It's all about context, hit them with facts and their agenda is quashed.

Finally he said something pertinent "I think a number of people didn't want us there"

Fantastic

Hes absolutely batted everything out the park and then some.

Id love to see the reporters faces as he drove a bus through their pish agenda.

That has to be one of the best press conferences by a Motherwell manager ever.

Totally owned it from beginning to end.

He has me feeling 7 feet tall. No wonder the players love him.

Starting to feel a little embarassed about being underwhelmed by his appointment.

This guy is the real deal.