S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

To be fair in the Aberdeen game we played a hell of a lot better, closed them down and werent as physical as Sunday. But that said the abuse Bowman is gettting off so called journalists who claim to be impartial is shocking - as for that so called pundit Thomson what a prick of a man. Way over the top on his abuse of Bowman.

We played exactly the same way against Aberdeen and the only reason we have all this pish in the media now is because it was against 1 of the bigot brothers. If it was Bowman who ended up with a broken nose would we have all this guff labelling cardozo as a dirty player I think not. The way the media pander to Rangers and Celtic is pathetic the whole scenario is an embarrassment to Scottish football. I think it's time the SFA grew a set and took action against managers like Rodgers and Pedro the donkey as some of the stuff they are spouting about Bowman is way over the top, but as we know the SFA are shit scared of upsetting them so that won't happen.

There's something quite disturbing and sinister about the rhetoric on the Radio (both channels) tonight, even from folk like Tom English who I think usually cuts through the crap.

Bowman's been getting labelled violent, nasty, "a dangerous player" and with "impartial" Rodgers weighing in we're getting more and more folk stoked up about something which is a yellow card incident across the country every other week. The personal abuse Bowman is getting on Twitter is something else.

Here's Cardoso on Moult and Bowman on Cardoso. The exact same challenge but Cardoso was unfortunate enough to get it square on the nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkr3WVUKN-I

https://twitter.com/ssteviewalls/status/922485853452193793

I would agree with all that.

The response from many is beyond parody with comments in the Herald suggesting Bowman should be drug tested as he is wild unhinged lunatic!! Celtic fans weighing in too after he apparently tried to break Tierneys leg last season.

All from fans who have watched Lee McCulloch and Scott Brown, to name but two, in their teams in recent years.

Yes, Cardissa took a sore one, but so did Moult, which has been virtually ignored. These things happen in contact sports and not just in the 1980s as St Brendan ridiculously suggested.

The Rangers statement is jaw dropping. Beyond parody, and sadly the vast majority of their supporters will get right behind it. They seem to release a statement every time they lose s big game.

This is the response when a wee team upsets the natural order and a compliant media only stoke it up further.

• Like 1

If it was Bowman who ended up with a broken nose would we have all this guff labelling cardozo as a dirty player I think not.

You mean like Louis Moult having his eyebrow split by Cardoso and needing stitches? Yeah thats been completely ignored!

I dont bother with our shite media,but the level of vitriol has surprised even me. Robinson was bang on, some people DONT want us in this cup final. Fucking disgraceful behaviour

If I remember rightly, was there not a semi-final graphic that was designed before the last Q/F between us and Aberdeen had been played that said Celtic v Hibs - Aberdeen v Rangers, that was actually released by mistake?

I swear I saw it but can't for the life of me find it again...

If I remember rightly, was there not a semi-final graphic that was designed before the last Q/F between us and Aberdeen had been played that said Celtic v Hibs - Aberdeen v Rangers, that was actually released by mistake?

I swear I saw it but can't for the life of me find it again...

The graphic for the opening post for the Cup Final thread on P&B might be referring to that in a post-ironic fashion. If you haven't seen it already, I've linked to it below for your amusement.

Vd4CQps.gif

Guys, dinna fash about presstitutes like Jackson. He typifies the Old Firm fans-with-typewriters who pass for sports journalists in Scotland.

All this is even more motivation for us and I'm sure our astute manager will use it "creatively".

I think Rodgers' intervention is particularly sneaky and OTT but he maybe thinks the first leg of their treble is a bit shoogly now.

The Ugly Sisters need it all their own way, forever, don't they?

Step forward Craig Thomson, whistler extraordinaire, for the CF.

I know I'm incredibly biased, but it seems to me the SFA and the Compliance Officers were spot on with every single decision for this game.

Vincent Lunny's explanations of the process were excellent too. A shame they don't provide commentary like that for all the hearings as it really clarified what does and doesn't get reviewed - and why.

• Like 2

I can't understand why the hacks and pundits were allowed free reign on the witch hunt without anyone calling them out.

To be fair the only one who mentioned the Louis eyebrow in the first half was Hugh Keavens, so kudos to him for that at least.

It was absolutely ridiculous wasnt it?

I imagine no-one called it out because they all jumped on the bandwagon of self preservation. They had to deflect as much as they could from Rangers being knocked out.

I can understand Thomson who is a former player and also has an affinity for another team of approximate size located roughly the same distance from Glasgow city centre as we are. But English (who seemed to be the organ grinder) and a host of others did not show any empathy to where Bowman found himself. They focused on the broken nose.

Two players could feasibly go for a 50-50 and one ends up with a broken leg. No malice involved, just what happens. This incident was no different.

Yep, English's attitude was very disappointing: thought he was a step up from your average churnalist but he has mentioned Bowman's tackle on Tierney last year as evidence of previous, disregarding his good disciplinary record, and his monstering remarks were unfair.

The guy called The Kicker in The National wrote the worst character assassination of Ryan, in my opinion: quite disgracefully unbalanced and over the top.

We'll never get a fair shake from the OT-obsessed press and they will harp on about our "physicality" all the way to the final, recycling Brendan's earlier comments on RB.

Job done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...