S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

if it doesn't work out who carries the can

In my opinion the people who gave Robinson the nod are responsible. However, this is football and there are other factors involved. Players are the main one as the board and manager can do very little about individual errors on the park. Although, somebody needs to be held accountable if we are relegated. Who falls on their sword? The manager? The board? The players? The easy option is the manager.

WS sent an email tonight shining some light on recruitment process. Five invited for interview, three interviewed. Panel consisted of Burrows, Dickie, Whitefield and the departed Derek Weir. No sign of the Chairman?

Someone said pages back that the chairman Jim McMahon isn't in the best of health and is/was in hospital. Makes sense to involve Weir as a. experienced head in that case.

• Like 1

In my opinion the people who gave Robinson the nod are responsible. However, this is football and there are other factors involved. Players are the main one as the board and manager can do very little about individual errors on the park.

As long as I think a player is giving 100% then I wouldn't be giving them abuse. If a player simply isn't good enough but the manager keeps picking him, surely the manager has to have his judgment questioned? Individual errors, it's a similar situation. If a player continues to make the same errors and shows an inability to learn from it, the manager should see this and no longer select him.

Only time I feel players should take the blame is when they don't apply themselves. Nothing frustrates me more than a player with ability who doesn't give it his all...

In my opinion the people who gave Robinson the nod are responsible. However, this is football and there are other factors involved. Players are the main one as the board and manager can do very little about individual errors on the park. Although, somebody needs to be held accountable if we are relegated. Who falls on their sword? The manager? The board? The players? The easy option is the manager.

Who was it on here that said the Well Society was told that the manager ( McGhee ) was in full control of the football side of the club?

Is that true? Did it really happen?

Who the fuck in their right mind thought it was a cracking plan to give playing contracts to eight players aged 32 plus?

This is lunacy. It's down to the board and Burrows.

I don't expect the board or Burrows to puck the team, but the notion that any club would gamble their future on a short term management appointment ( as they have been since McLean ) is MENTAL.

Who was it on here that said the Well Society was told that the manager ( McGhee ) was in full control of the football side of the club?

Who the fuck in their right mind thought it was a cracking plan to give playing contracts to eight players aged 32 plus?

I don't expect the board or Burrows to puck the team, but the notion that any club would gamble their future on a short term management appointment ( as they have been since McLean ) is MENTAL.

McCall and Butcher didn't seem like gambles to me and were here for a fairly decent period of time. But that said any appointment you make is a gamble no matter who it is, its up to that person to make the most of what they have available.

I haven't read that someone said he was in full control of the football side. But it was quoted that he had full control of the first team playing budget specifically.

A few more defeats like today and I can picture a ‘Sack the Board/Robinson Out’ thread gathering momentum.

Early days, however, I really hope they made the right decision to give Robinson the top job as he hasn’t got that many games to hit the ground running. :unsure:

I agree but he is fighting with one hand behind his back with the shit players we have and the inability to defend. How much Robinson was involved in helping pick these players and coaching them? I don't know but certainly we are shocking defensively and have been all season.

• Like 2

We really are in the shit and the quicker Robinson, the players and the board realise it we just might stay up. One things for certain a massive clear out will be required no matter what division we find ourselves in.

Do you think we will attract or be able to pay better players in a lower league?

Do you think we will attract or be able to pay better players in a lower league?

No we would need to go with youth, with perhaps two or three experienced players brought in to help out. I would fully expect us to be in the Championship for a minimum of 4/5 years as we don’t have the financial clout of a Rangers/Hibs to buy our way out.

Staying up is absolutely vital for us. If we go down we could end up like St. Mirren. A clear out especially defensively is required and the likes of Ainsworth and both our keepers along with Hammell. Mcmanus and Lasley will have to go also.Not happy with McFadden as a no 2 either. None of our new players McGoo brought in has improved us at all. This season has been awfull.

McHugh i'd argue has been one of our best players this season, probably the best out of the signings we've made this season, i think he's a clever player personally.

I noticed Robinson said in his interview that he is trying to rush Tait back from injury for the first game after Rangers which is Accies at fir park.

That's 3 points from 9 for Robinson so far and very likely to be 3 from 12 after our visit to Castle Greyskull . We lose to hamilton and suddenly 3 points from 15 has him under serious pressure and the club in serious danger.

On the bright side you could turn to his previous managerial record for hope but unfortunately that's on a par with some of the worst in the business. So we go down and we look for him to play youth - he won't even pick Campbell in front of passenger clay. You could then look to his previous signings and as someone else pointed out he signed Josh Law!!! That about summed up the shambles and uninspiring appointment the club made this week but nothing surprises me with the amateur set up we have - imagine the interview view panel of a photographer , a guy that used to be on the board and a guy that appeared on the well society board out of the blue and without election from its members. The club and its board appear out their depth and going down will put us firmly in the shit for years to come. Far too much money is being wasted by the club both in the playing squad, signings policy and support staff.

I truly hope I am wrong, Robinson proves me wrong and he manages to keep us up but one thing is for sure the set up behind the scenes is a shambles.

• Like 2

That's 3 points from 9 for Robinson so far and very likely to be 3 from 12 after our visit to Castle Greyskull . We lose to hamilton and suddenly 3 points from 15 has him under serious pressure and the club in serious danger.

On the bright side you could turn to his previous managerial record for hope but unfortunately that's on a par with some of the worst in the business. So we go down and we look for him to play youth - he won't even pick Campbell in front of passenger clay. You could then look to his previous signings and as someone else pointed out he signed Josh Law!!! That about summed up the shambles and uninspiring appointment the club made this week but nothing surprises me with the amateur set up we have - imagine the interview view panel of a photographer , a guy that used to be on the board and a guy that appeared on the well society board out of the blue and without election from its members. The club and its board appear out their depth and going down will put us firmly in the shit for years to come. Far too much money is being wasted by the club both in the playing squad, signings policy and support staff.

I truly hope I am wrong, Robinson proves me wrong and he manages to keep us up but one thing is for sure the set up behind the scenes is a shambles.

I have been getting tired over the years of defending manager after manager against unfair criticism but here we go again.

Firstly Kilmarnock, 3 points nobody can argue with that.

Aberdeen away is a very difficult place to go to. They have only lost one home game all season (I think to Cetlic) so to lose a last minute goal is no shame.

St Johnstone today is disappointing but they are no mugs and we were without three of our first choice defenders. To match St Johnstone today for large spells shows progress, particularly given the circumstances.

It could well be only 3 points from 12 after the Rangers game but Rangers at Ibrox is again a very touch challenge. Let's not judge Robinson on a potential loss to Accies that hasn't even happened yet.

I think there has to be some degree of realism before we start crucifying yet another manager,

• Like 9

I have been getting tired over the years of defending manager after manager against unfair criticism but here we go again.

Firstly Kilmarnock, 3 points nobody can argue with that.

Aberdeen away is a very difficult place to go to. They have only lost one home game all season (I think to Cetlic) so to lose a last minute goal is no shame.

St Johnstone today is disappointing but they are no mugs and we were without three of our first choice defenders. To match St Johnstone today for large spells shows progress, particularly given the circumstances.

It could well be only 3 points from 12 after the Rangers game but Rangers at Ibrox is again a very touch challenge. Let's not judge Robinson on a potential loss to Accies that hasn't even happened yet.

I think there has to be some degree of realism before we start crucifying yet another manager,

Correct on all counts.

imagine the interview view panel of a photographer , a guy that used to be on the board and a guy that appeared on the well society board out of the blue and without election from its members.

Love it!

Just over 3 hours from our new gaffers first proper game in charge and the 'under pressure' patter has started. Is that a British record?

Also - you do realise one of the interview panel was responsible for a £800m per year budget in his previous role?

So what attributes has Robinson got to keep us up?

- 3 points in every 12 certainly won't

- his experience at Oldham

And if we go down what's his and the boards plan B? Is he really the best that was out there or was he the cheap option based on the money the board has pissed away elsewhere . My opinion on Robinson didn't start because of defeat today it started the day his chum burrows brought him back to the club.

If your referring to the person I think you are that had the 800 million budget then tell me what the overspend and deficit was on that budget - please do.

People on hear need to take off the claret and Amber tinted specs. We have no right to be clear of relegation every year we need to earn that right but we will struggle with those at the helm . We are in the shit and it's been coming since we signed the dross we did in the summer .

I'm away to tell Myself that everything's going to be all right and guys like Craig Clay and Craig Samson will keep us up while Burrows will be sitting tonight working on the master plan to make it all better via his Scotvec module in Home Economics