S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

I'm away to tell Myself that everything's going to be all right and guys like Craig Clay and Craig Samson will keep us up while Burrows will be sitting tonight working on the master plan to make it all better via his Scotvec module in Home Economics

Aye because to be successful in business you need to have a PHD.

You tell yourself whatever you like, those are the players we have and this is now about Robinson getting the best out of those players. If you can't see evidence of him getting more out those players in the last three games than McGhee has most of the season, then it's because you don't want to see it, for whatever reason. We were miles better today than our last game at Fir Park, and if we put in an attacking performance like that against ICT and Accies, we might just be alright.

• Like 3

So what attributes has Robinson got to keep us up?

- 3 points in every 12 certainly won't

- his experience at Oldham

And if we go down what's his and the boards plan B? Is he really the best that was out there or was he the cheap option based on the money the board has pissed away elsewhere . My opinion on Robinson didn't start because of defeat today it started the day his chum burrows brought him back to the club.

If your referring to the person I think you are that had the 800 million budget then tell me what the overspend and deficit was on that budget - please do.

People on hear need to take off the claret and Amber tinted specs. We have no right to be clear of relegation every year we need to earn that right but we will struggle with those at the helm . We are in the shit and it's been coming since we signed the dross we did in the summer .

I'm away to tell Myself that everything's going to be all right and guys like Craig Clay and Craig Samson will keep us up while Burrows will be sitting tonight working on the master plan to make it all better via his Scotvec module in Home Economics

That last line had me buckled, have to say hard to disagree with you

• Like 1

And if we go down what's his and the boards plan B? Is he really the best that was out there or was he the cheap option based on the money the board has pissed away elsewhere . My opinion on Robinson didn't start because of defeat today it started the day his chum burrows brought him back to the club.

If your referring to the person I think you are that had the 800 million budget then tell me what the overspend and deficit was on that budget - please do.

People on hear need to take off the claret and Amber tinted specs. We have no right to be clear of relegation every year we need to earn that right but we will struggle with those at the helm . We are in the shit and it's been coming since we signed the dross we did in the summer .

Behave.

Attention seeker.....thought we played well today and if we keep that up , should be ok .....agree with you about Samson though.

The Directors, in consultation with the manager set the overall playing budget. How that money is spent is the responsibility of the manager

Tell that to Peter Lawell.

He'd laugh in your face.

Celtic managers have worked within the clubs tight ethos for years, instructed by the board and supervised by Lawell. And they have made a fortune from it.

Were you at the game? I ask only because you single out players that always get singled out, but who actually played pretty well yesterday...
  • Like 1

Not 100% sure of the Robinson appointment, but the problems we find ourselves in, lie in the inability to structure a hardworking balanced team. Re-signing aging players well past their best and players with little experience being left out to dry by management.

I'm not sure if Mark McGhee had problems recruiting players specifically targeted and eventually found ourselves trawling z list players available at the last minute of deadline day.

That's basically where we sit at the minute.

FWIW - I thought Mark McGhee would take us mid table this season and develop youth for next season. My expectations of that unraveled quickly after bizarre rants and even more bizarre selections and formations.

Our new man has a mammoth job in his hands. Firstly staying in the division and secondly trying to rebuild an entire team in probably a more competitive Premier division.

Relegation isn't worth thinking about, so best to get behind the team and hope Robinson can keep us above 11th.

Tough weeks ahead but hopeful we can scrape through by the skin of our teeth.

• Like 2

Attention seeker.....thought we played well today and if we keep that up , should be ok .....agree with you about Samson though.

Simple - don't give him any attention. The post was a mile out..

Where to start on yesterday's game. We certainly should have taken something from it. Maybe not all 3 points, but at least 1.

We played well in sustained periods and it is typical Motherwell that after the one way traffic at the start of the 2nd half a defensive blunder and we are 2-1 down. That said we are because of injuries and suspensions playing players in defence out of position or who are not yet ready for 1st team football imo.

I saw enough from yesterday to suggest if we continue to play with same application, but with a little more luck we should have enough about us to avoid bottom 2 spots.

Quite how the Bowman header stays out at the death ?

A few good performances and a couple of poor ones. I thought Cadden started slowly but got better. McHugh is a fantastic footballer. Nearly blundered at one point but our best signing this season. Moult was so so. Always involved in play but not the usual heights. Pearson was again fairly anonymous which is frustrating as he can and must do better. Frear I thought performed well and could be a vital player in the run in.

All in all another disappointing result, but not performance. Robinson has made a difference and on another day we could have won.

Probably come way with 0 points after Ibrox in a couple of weeks and will probably be in the bottom 2 positions, but then 8 games against teams around us. It is not going to be boring that is for sure.....

• Like 3

Robinson has improved team since he took over might have only 3 points from 9 but lost an injury time goal to team whose won 9 home games in a row and lost to team with best away record in League out with Celtic. So although very disappointing point wise I have seen enough to give me hope going forward .

• Like 2

Robinson has improved team since he took over might have only 3 points from 9 but lost an injury time goal to team whose won 9 home games in a row and lost to team with best away record in League out with Celtic. So although very disappointing point wise I have seen enough to give me hope going forward .

Disagree. We were a shambles at points in the first half against Kilmarnock and if they had scored a second goal I'd wager we would have collapsed and been on the end of another heavy defeat. Even though we got better in the 2nd half we were pinned back for long spells and got away with three points after an injury time penalty miss. Truth was the performance was very typical of the season overall.

Aberdeen was a failed shitefest and against St. Johnstone we have come back and then lost the game for the umpteenth time this season.

Robinson's results so far mirror exactly McGhee's results against the same opposition - win, loss, loss - so even if you disagree on the subjective point of our performances you can't say we are any better of for it.

Out of the three the St. Johnstone match was the best but we still lost the match and such poor goals that it's difficult to say we have really improved. We are still a soft touch I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

That's 5 points from a possible 18 and whilst we have stopped shipping as many goals it's all very defensive and unsuccessful uninspiring route one dross. A play off place may be the best we can hope for and that's a big ask.

I can't believe just how bad the starting line ups have been of late and crying out for a bit of creativity - surely a Faddy or a Thomas ( I know he's out on loan) would be a better bet as a number 10 than Gordon or Blyth. Craig Clay must look like Ronaldo in training all week to still get a Start every week.

Looks like Burrows and co have made a mess of the managerial appointment and let the old pals act shine bright.

It can be glossed up any way the happy clappers want be we haven't improved under Robinson and our league position is now worse.

That's 5 points from a possible 18 and whilst we have stopped shipping as many goals it's all very defensive and unsuccessful uninspiring route one dross. A play off place may be the best we can hope for and that's a big ask.

I can't believe just how bad the starting line ups have been of late and crying out for a bit of creativity - surely a Faddy or a Thomas ( I know he's out on loan) would be a better bet as a number 10 than Gordon or Blyth. Craig Clay must look like Ronaldo in training all week to still get a Start every week.

Looks like Burrows and co have made a mess of the managerial appointment and let the old pals act shine bright.

It can be glossed up any way the happy clappers want be we haven't improved under Robinson and our league position is now worse.

FFS it did not take long for the Robinson out chat to begin i honestly despair at some of the shite posted on here. You say the team selection is crying out for some creativity, so who from our very limited talent pool of available players would you bring in? People need to get real Robinson has to work with what we have and that's not much so cut him some slack.

I never wanted him appointed in the first place as his record of signings was shite, his historic tactics were negative and his record was at best poor. He was appointed to keep us up and so far it's not working and doesn't look like working .

Campbell and Lasley would be my centre mid pairing all day long - experience and dig with Lasley and youth desire and fitness with Campbell makes a good combination. Both have a will to win which is lacking with some others who start every week.

You must be easy pleased if your content with what you've seen from Robinson so far!!

mcghee left us in a mess,the bottom line is were shite with some very poor players and nothing is going to change that this season.i wasn't expecting robinson to come in and have us playing silky football but there's no need for the long ball shite we have been subjected too especially as we look to be a bit more solid at the back,the time is now to start having more of a go,aye were currently without some players that would allow robinson to robinson to shake things up a bit more but if were to have any chance of staying up he simply has to change the style of play,the first half today was embarrassing from a professional football team and during the week wasn't much better.right now we look like a team thats taking to the pitch in hope rather than go out there to win with any sort of game plan.we made it far to easy for accies with our long ball tactics,if we do the same next week against inverness,who have a bigger and stronger backline,then serious questions will need to be asked of robisnon and the players that continue to just pass the buck by lumping it up the park at every oppertunity.

I was also unhappy with the appointment of Robinson, he was too involved with old regime and had not been successful at Oldham. A new manager from outside would have brought fresh perspective. On the positives we don't ship as many goals but we are shapeless, the players don't appear up for the fight, hopelessly too direct and can't score. This is relegation form. We also are not carrying any luck with injuries and decisions unlike the Accies.

However we are stuck with this squad and manager now and I can't se how we get out of this, except that Dundee, ICT and still the Accies are in same boat so a dogfight ahead. Win against ICT and things can change but we have been saying that all season. I fear the worst and think we will get play off place at best.

I never wanted him appointed in the first place as his record of signings was shite, his historic tactics were negative and his record was at best poor. He was appointed to keep us up and so far it's not working and doesn't look like working .

Campbell and Lasley would be my centre mid pairing all day long - experience and dig with Lasley and youth desire and fitness with Campbell makes a good combination. Both have a will to win which is lacking with some others who start every week.

You must be easy pleased if your content with what you've seen from Robinson so far!!

Robinson inherited a team down on their luck and riddled with injuries. He has stopped the bleeding (not getting scudded, less individual mistakes). Results on paper are bad, but it has been fine margins in results recently. Law of averages we are due some breaks!

I doubt an outsider could have done better with the personnel available.

We have been competitive in every game since Robinson took charge, but reality is we are bang average at best and relegation is a possibility.

All soundbytes from the manager and players are positive we can avoid bottom 2, so let's trust them to do it.

• Like 1

FFS it did not take long for the Robinson out chat to begin i honestly despair at some of the shite posted on here. You say the team selection is crying out for some creativity, so who from our very limited talent pool of available players would you bring in? People need to get real Robinson has to work with what we have and that's not much so cut him some slack.

Well that's rich!! If that is the case then why sack McGhee, who had to work with exactly the same limited resources??? Seems to me like one step forward and umpteen backwards.

• Like 1

The jury is still out on Robinson for me but a few things are undeniable.

2 points in his defence,

1) A cursory glance at the results alone show that since he took over the games have been very close and when we've lost its only been by the odd goal.

2) He has inherited possibly the worst collection of players anyone can ever remember seeing represent Motherwell.

However....

1) Anyone who has been at the two most recent games will tell you of the horrendous style of ineffective hoofball we have adopted. Truly hit and hope stuff.

2) There has been no turnaround in results, we're not scoring goals and our league position is now significantly worse off than when he took over.

I don't know what his contract situation is but I'm not sure I would want him to stay on if we go down. The same goes for those at board level who have yet to appoint a good manager in 3 attempts and rubber stamped the signings of the duds currently filling our squad.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced Robinson would go even if we were to be relegated. Look back at some of the quotes from Flow on his appointment where he refers to him as being the outstanding candidate given the outlook he presented for the short, medium and long-term.

Thus far, and I repeat thus far, it hasn't been great but it hasn't been so woefully bad results wise that you would think they wouldn't give him a chance to get us back up and undertake whatever the rebuilding job he has in mind.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced Robinson would go even if we were to be relegated. Look back at some of the quotes from Flow on his appointment where he refers to him as being the outstanding candidate given the outlook he presented for the short, medium and long-term.

Thus far, and I repeat thus far, it hasn't been great but it hasn't been so woefully bad results wise that you would think they wouldn't give him a chance to get us back up and undertake whatever the rebuilding job he has in mind.

Flow also talked up Baraclough and McGhee...