The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

It's one of my pet hates but the lack of ability with a weaker foot does my head in. II can accept players have a stronger foot but the attempts that really top players contort themselves to play the ball when then they could kick with their weaker foot is infuriating

Totally agree. I am right handed but if I trained EVERY day writing with both right and left hands my writing with my left would become acceptable, not as strong as my writing with my right, but it would be acceptable.

I am not too sure if this is correct post, but the Well Society are saying that season tickets are up 15% but with discounts etc, the income is remaining the same, so do not get too excited about the extra cash to put in for players as that will not happen.

How can the money be the same??? if the sales are up 15% and the season ticket discount did not take this years price lower than last years discounted price its not possible for cash to be the same...... have I missed a price cut

If you could give Vigurs Dougie Arnotts / Moults graft and commitment he'd be a very good player but he's a lazy bastard , wouldn't give him house room. Can still see that Friday night game at Perth, far side on half way line he was poncing about and St Johnstone player won the ball off him. He just stood there and put his head in his hands in frustration, meanwhile St Johnstone player skips up the wing leaving Vigurs greetin into his hands and smacks it into the net...... 2-1 beat.

• Like 1

If you could give Vigurs Dougie Arnotts / Moults graft and commitment he'd be a very good player but he's a lazy bastard , wouldn't give him house room. Can still see that Friday night game at Perth, far side on half way line he was poncing about and St Johnstone player won the ball off him. He just stood there and put his head in his hands in frustration, meanwhile St Johnstone player skips up the wing leaving Vigurs greetin into his hands and smacks it into the net...... 2-1 beat.

I remember against Killie he done something similar early in the 2014/15 season. Chasing a winger he just decided to stop, seconds later the ball of course was nestling in our net. Probably for the best he was struck down with an imaginary back injury that season.

No one else playing, aye?

I'm sure there is extra cash from the league this year and £230000 from celitic making the group stages of the champions league so some cash is available.

I don't now the exact figures, but there is certainly a decent bump in cash next season. Which is why it was even more crucial than normal to stay in the top flight.

As much as he's a frustrating talent, Vigurs is not who I was talking about. Perhaps the younger posters won't ever have seen him play but DAVIE COOPERs left foot was different class

According to the official site season ticket sales are actually up 57% for adults and a whopping 167% for the kids tickets.

Glad to see someone at the club listened to me - even better if they had gone the whole hog and made it free.

Make sure it happens next year, Mr Burrows - there's a connection between the rise in adult sales and the kids sales.

Make it free for the kids, watch the support boom.

And watch the sales of merchandise soar.

£20 imo is correct it's only works out st £1.05 per game and if people can't afford that they certainly can't afford merchandise or snacks .It means people are commiting to the club even though really just a token payment but takes time to process the tickets and costs money to print season tickets as well so I would say the £20 really just covering costs . It's a great inintiative by club and been great take up but feel it's just a bit much to make it free as where else can you go for a pound these days so not asking for much .

• Like 1

Glad to see someone at the club listened to me - even better if they had gone the whole hog and made it free.

Make sure it happens next year, Mr Burrows - there's a connection between the rise in adult sales and the kids sales.

Make it free for the kids, watch the support boom.

And watch the sales of merchandise soar.

And modest with it too....

In terms of the point about free tickets and the connection between rising adult sales and free kids tickets you'll be aware that the club through the Wellevate scheme have been offering free tickets for U15's accompanying adult season ticket holders for a number of years yes?

• Like 2

57% of what? If it's the total number from last season then they're saying we've sold nearly 5000... seems unlikely.

57% rise on where we were this time last year, that's adults and kids combined.

Given the dwindling numbers in recent years, the aim has to be increasing the adult ST base by 10%+.

Given the dwindling numbers in recent years, the aim has to be increasing the adult ST base by 10%+.

Yeah very much so, hopefully some of the rise is on adult sales otherwise the sales related income could be down. But promising figures nonetheless

Certainly encouraging yes, but its early doors. Hopefully we'll see an overall increase in season ticket update. However it could just mean that folk are renewing earlier. We'll know which one it is by early August.

• Like 1

Cummings to complete a big money move to Notts Forest. Wouldn't be overly surprised if Lennon makes a move for Moult.

Moult is a better player than Cummings. He's scored goals in a struggling Motherwell team in the Premiership for the last two years. Cummings has scored goals in a team going well in the Championship for the last few years. So if the going rate for Cummings is 1.5 million with sell on clauses then there is no way Hibs will be able to afford Moult.

Moult is a better player than Cummings. He's scored goals in a struggling Motherwell team in the Premiership for the last two years. Cummings has scored goals in a team going well in the Championship for the last few years. So if the going rate for Cummings is 1.5 million with sell on clauses then there is no way Hibs will be able to afford Moult.

I agree Moult is the better striker but Cummings has 3 years to go in his contract while Moult can sign a pre-contract in 6 months.

Hibs are in a strong position financially and their manager has publically stated their ambition to finish top 2. With record ST sales, serious money will be spent. I suspect Liam Boyce will be their first choice striker mind you.

• Andy_P locked this topic