2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If Miller is in the squad then we have 6 players for the 3 positions so we are covered. The only issue is no one is a natural on the left of the three but McCarthy wouldn't help with that. 

He's got another two years on his deal at Celtic after this season. Money for nothing. 

Miller is one we will be looking to loan out to championship club for game time ……… think minutes on the park will be limited with us 

19 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

Id say we defo dont have a midfield crisis, we need a centre half and a striker, not a midfielder

I agree with u on the"crisis"but guys on here flapping that we desperately need a CM,im happy to go with what we have says on footmob we have 10 midfielders on our books,add penney  and SOD as wing backs and we have more than enough to shuffle the pack

• Like 1

I think it was the SPFL official website that used to have a feature where it had a transfer section and on deadline day you could see all the players teams were trying to register hours before they were announced, way back when we had that mad spree in January under Baraclough it made for some exciting reading but can't find it now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight, expecting some incomings but wondering if the likes of Ojala and perhaps Morris might move on, wouldn't be surprised to see a few young ones go out on loan.

Hopefully it didn't cost too much. How he passed a medical is the question but maybe he was worth a gamble at the price.

We have Lamie, Sol, Bevis then McGinn and probably young Sam Campbell after that. If we have money to spend I'd rather use it up the other end of the park.

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hopefully it didn't cost too much. How he passed a medical is the question but maybe he was worth a gamble at the price.

We have Lamie, Sol, Bevis then McGinn and probably young Sam Campbell after that. If we have money to spend I'd rather use it up the other end of the park.

He was an experienced International player who had captained his country. He was worth the gamble even though it didn’t work out in my opinion.

Absolutely agree that any signings we make now need to be for the other end of the park. There is literally no point bringing in another defender, defensive midfielder or ‘winger’. Our sole/main goal threat is KvV(pen :ph34r:) and we simply cannot rely on him alone to get us goals. 

1 minute ago, Electric Blues said:

No surprise, but still a shame. He really looked the part in his first couple of games but then - for whatever reason - it all went to shit. 

I hope things work out for him. 

He seemed to have a bit of a patchy record with injuries before we signed him,it was always a bit of a gamble and i didn't pay off.like you I thought he looked promising early on,the game we won at pittodrie last season,he was excellent then went off injured and hardly had a kick since.best of luck to him,hopefully he can find somewhere and stay injury free.

3 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

No surprise, but still a shame. He really looked the part in his first couple of games but then - for whatever reason - it all went to shit. 

I hope things work out for him. 

He never looked fit, especially from January onwards. He was constantly outpaced and just looked out of his depth. 

No bad feelings towards him, we move on and so does he.

7 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Excactly but"rumour"has it that hibs and hearts both looking at him,i have a hunch that is just lazy journalism 

He’s going to offer nothing to big city clubs, he would be lucky to make the bench.

• David locked this topic