2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

@siebsbarmyarmy like you I've been trying to remain optimistic. 

From the current team I see us having a very decent keeper and decent (not brilliant) attacking options. 

That leaves a full defence and core midfield that I have little confidence in. 

In the past when our backs have been against the wall there's always been a quorum that I believed in would see us through. From guys like Leitch, Craggs, Hammel, Lasley, McManus, Faddy, Turnbull, Campbell etc. 

We don't have anyone like that now (who remain as players) 

Appreciate this is captain hindsight but the last 4-5 years have been a decline , so much so a large majority of our fans expect relegation.  

There no other conclusion to come to. Since mid october we are an all present in the bottom 3 form guide. All the others around us have been in and out of it, we have not managed to put anything together. The only slight glimmer is our goal difference is so much better than those around us. However I expect the next three games to nearly finish us off. We will be lucky to get one point when in reality 7 is the least we need.

29 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Not usually one of those guys, but I’m now starting to get pretty apprehensive. 

Think the fact we are leaving it late doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 

Relegation becoming more and more a worry. 

I know we probably never get our 'number one' target but a concern for me is the number of players we've 'just missed out on' in this window (as indicated by Hammell today). For such a huge window, you would have hoped that the club would have pushed the boat out just a wee bit more...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I know we probably never get our 'number one' target but a concern for me is the number of players we've 'just missed out on' in this window (as indicated by Hammell today). For such a huge window, you would have hoped that the club would have pushed the boat out just a wee bit more...

We have to be prudent  of course we do, but we do have £4 m in the bank. 

At this rate Hammy and Kerr will need to register themselves to go at least make it look like we have some depth in this squad. 

The fear is now setting in that this is indeed our season to go down.

How unlucky have we been 3 attacking players signed and not one of them has managed more than a game and a bit before being injured.

McGinley, Carroll and Bevis also out at the other end.

WIth Sol and Shields gone we need at least 4 players still. 2 to replace them and 2 at least to give us a chance of getting out of this mess.

3 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

At this rate Hammy and Kerr will need to register themselves to go at least make it look like we have some depth in this squad. 

The fear is now setting in that this is indeed our season to go down.

How unlucky have we been 3 attacking players signed and not one of them has managed more than a game and a bit before being injured.

McGinley, Carroll and Bevis also out at the other end.

WIth Sol and Shields gone we need at least 4 players still. 2 to replace them and 2 at least to give us a chance of getting out of this mess.

4 players in 4 hours ? Not going to happen I think.

10 minutes ago, smiddy said:

oh and anybody know if the wee japanese guy can play morra or are we gettin pumped with the same as usual players

Knowing our luck this season he probably injured himself pulling the strip on for the photoshoot of his signing and will be a doubt for tomorrow/out for a couple of weeks/might be available for the playoffs/hardly ever play yet have posters on here in about eight years time dedicating their usernames to him etc, etc

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Knowing our luck this season he probably injured himself pulling the strip on for the photoshoot of his signing and will be a doubt for tomorrow/out for a couple of weeks/might be available for the playoffs/hardly ever play yet have posters on here in about eight years time dedicating their usernames to him etc, etc

you might need to change profile photo m8   you know what people on here are like

1 minute ago, Well-Made said:

When Dundee can get a loan in from Brighton, you do wonder. Especially as we can't get from lower leagues

iv also made that point on numerous occasions, not just about hammy but our club in general are we shite at coaching and developing ?  or just a shite wee club

43 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

@siebsbarmyarmy

Appreciate this is captain hindsight but the last 4-5 years have been a decline , so much so a large majority of our fans expect relegation.  

Interesting that you say we have been in decline for 5 years. We finished 3rd in 2020. That was less than 3 years ago.

Do you think the large majority expect relegation? Remember the voices on here do not represent the majority.

33 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

All the others around us have been in and out of it, we have not managed to put anything together. However I expect the next three games to nearly finish us off. We will be lucky to get one point when in reality 7 is the least we need.

All the others around us are still around us.

If as fans we genuinely expect that we will get one point from the next seven and that we are as good as finished, how can we expect the team that we (supposedly) support to show any belief or fight.

The negativity is taking on new levels now. There is still nothing that suggests we are favourites for the drop. The support needs to show some belief.

The negativity is transmitted to the players whether we like to relieve ourselves of all responsibility or not.

Just now, Onthefringes said:

Bit more realistic in who they’ve spoken to Ange about…

defender ??? heard welsh but put it down to shite since ma smellic mate told me we enquired bout turnbull weeks ago and nothing came about   unless you can confirm OTF he wasnt tellin me shite ?

13 minutes ago, smiddy said:

you might need to change profile photo m8   you know what people on here are like

I know what you mean, but I still stand by Stevie Hammell. He was put in an impossible position by the board.

• Like 1

James Scott off the Exeter stating 

Never worked out from the first minute I signed but I’ve enjoyed every minute of my time at hull city. Would like to thank all the players and coaching staff for everything they’ve done for me and all the best for the future. UTT!! 🐯

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

I know what you mean, but I still stand by Stevie Hammell. He was put in an impossible position by the board.

the only thing i would add was    he wasnt put, he accepted   an impossible situation,   he obviously thought he could get a tune out of them but ffs i bet he wishes he could turn the clock back and still be in his nice litte job  

6 minutes ago, smiddy said:

no offence well made   but  OTF to confirm    

#

Just taking the info from the BBC Website, so no offence taken

Celtic reject Welsh bid We can tell you Dundee United made an approach to take Celtic centre-back Stephen Welsh on loan as they look to bolster their options at right centre-back. 
However, Celtic are not letting him go anywhere.

starting to get concerned we have 2 fit cbs and calling Lamie a Defender is kind because hes piss poor at defending  we need 4 in the door in 4 hours so ill take a centre half and a striker as priority we need a holding midfielder but thats not looking likely and a Left Back but were skint not exacly confident given our form and league position about the rest of this sason

• Like 1

• David locked this topic