Motherwell v Dundee United 03/09/22

SteelmaninOZ

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's spoke about his mental issues before and Moult coming in puts pressure on him and knocked him off being the social media darling right after his hat trick. 

So as well as talking shite, you are now an authority on mental health and making up blatant shite about how KVV feels, as if the guy did not have enough problems, without dickheads like you analysing him, you really need to have a look at yourself. :doh:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

KVVs issues were with gambling.  I think you are trying to find a problem that doesnt exist. He has missed plenty of chances prior to Moults arrival and will no doubt continue to do so. The only one I would criticise him today for is the penalty miss.

The second header and the one that hit the bar were easy chances. We can't be missing them. 

Same goes for Spittal. Not sure what happened with the tap in Tierney missed, hopefully they show that on Sportscene. 

28 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's spoke about his mental issues before and Moult coming in puts pressure on him and knocked him off being the social media darling right after his hat trick. 

He didn't have just have a bad today he missed 4 stick on chances and 3 good chances. I've never seen a striker miss so many in 30 years of going to Fir Park. 

What a lot of shite

• Like 2

Well, wasn't that enjoyable.  Flowing football, a load of chances created, comfortable at the back. The best performance for a while.

We didn't win, but with that level of performance,  wins will come. I am very happy to see some entertainment return to Fir Park.

I've seen a few having a go at Efford today. I thought he had a decent game today, carrying on from midweek. I remember Chris Humphrey couldn't find a final ball when he first arrived, but he developed that aspect of his game while at Fir Park. I expect that Efford will be getting coaching on that aspect of his game. He is already vastly improved from the player that we saw last season. Indeed, many of the team that I thought were really poor technically have shown that they really do have the capability to be good players at this level. They will hopefully continue to improve over the season, and with that so should the results.

I am optimistic for the season ahead. I certainly wouldn't have said that after Sligo.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He didn't have just have a bad today he missed 4 stick on chances and 3 good chances. I've never seen a striker miss so many in 30 years of going to Fir Park. 

You would have loved the John Reilly and Mike Larnach seasons. And Steve McLelland before we moved him into defence. 

Sounds like you missed all the Jordan White and Curtis Main games though. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Did you see Mo Salah's misses against Bournemouth last week?

If it can happen to a world class striker then it can happen to anyone.

I think KVV spoke of gambling addition rather than any kind of mental health concerning the pressures of the game but regardless if he has openly discussed any problems it is poor form to then use it as a stick with which to beat him.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You would have loved the John Reilly and Mike Larnach seasons. And Steve McLelland before we moved him into defence. 

Sounds like you missed all the Jordan White and Curtis Main games though. 

Let me take us all  back  to The  Days of Sinjy (aka Ian St John) via my brother. Ian  could miss a chance or two  from  a few yards and  then score a hat trick in no time. Forget about the misses and think of the chances created. Van Veen  will (just) score more than he will miss over a long season.

Is it all just a false memory or do I remember Andy Harrow and  Andy Walker  as our striking partnership? Gruesome at times but we grew from there.

At least growth under Stevie Hammell looks like  a philosophy we can embrace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

This is really quite tasteless.

• Like 2

Disappointed we only tied and that KVV missed so many chances but keep creating the chances and the goals will come. I think it’s very promising how many good chances we created from open play. Probably created more in todays game than in the last year under GA. I think Effords is contributing more going down the right hand side and will hopefully keep improving and add in some goals. Wouldn’t surprise me if KVV manages another few hat tricks over the season. Not his best day today but other days he will score most of them. 

• Like 1

The amount of sh1t on here talking about KVV and missing chances. The guy banged in a hat trick  a few days ago for us. He’s a striker for motherwell not a guy playing in the higher reaches of the premiership. 
We have had so many strikers who hide when things don’t go well, a few have been mentioned above, van veen doesn’t hide, he misses sitters ok, he missed a penalty, fair enough…big deal,  he’s still continually getting into goalscoring positions.

Give me a striker like that any day. He’ll still be our highest goalscorer this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MFCL84 said:

Well, wasn't that enjoyable.  Flowing football, a load of chances created, comfortable at the back. The best performance for a while.

We didn't win, but with that level of performance,  wins will come. I am very happy to see some entertainment return to Fir Park.

Absolutely. I haven't seen so many happy smiling faces leaving Fir Park for a year or two. More please! That first half was amazing and we played some excellent football, a real delight to watch and chalk and cheese from the GA days.  The second half was a bit of an anti climax, but thats no surprise after what we saw in the first 45.  I thought Stevie Hammell picked the wrong team but I was proved wrong. Maybe in the second half he didn't quite get one of the subs right but thats small beer.  The only negative, apart from being totally impotent up front, was a sloppy last 10/15 with some needless errors and defending too deeply.  Still we held out to claim a draw, although 3 would have been more apt. A typical Dundee United game.

I thought Efford did pretty well and we lost a bit when Aarons came on. However, is he being played in the right position? Am I right in thinking he's a left winger?

The referee had a poor game with a string of inconsistent decisions and what about his play the advantage/no don't decision late in the game? Totally ludicrous. At that point he lost the plot.  Ross Graham's dive in the second half was just...embarassing, but he won the foul. United players and fans, as per usual moaned and complained from start to finish......oh it must be grim being a season ticket holder at Tannadice.

Our big failing was sterility in front of goal.....as was the case on Wednesday. Final balls and passing were lacking. Maybe Louis will be the answer maybe not...time will tell. Still thats a game we could easily have lost and more than a few were relieved to hear the final whistle. We've been there before, many times.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mio said:

The amount of sh1t on here talking about KVV and missing chances. The guy banged in a hat trick  a few days ago for us. He’s a striker for motherwell not a guy playing in the higher reaches of the premiership. 
We have had so many strikers who hide when things don’t go well, a few have been mentioned above, van veen doesn’t hide, he misses sitters ok, he missed a penalty, fair enough…big deal,  he’s still continually getting into goalscoring positions.

Give me a striker like that any day. He’ll still be our highest goalscorer this season.

If we keep creating as many chances as we did today KVV will hit 20 goals for the season no problem. If he misses 50 chances to get that figure I will bite your hand off right now.

That's as good as I've seen us play in a long time. I thought the penalty was soft, and it wasn't the best taken, but we really should have been ahead either way, with some great chances. To me it was more a lack of rub of the green rather than poor forward play.

I thought Goss had his best game for us today, as well as Tierney. They both have an eye for a pass, and watching them make space for themselves and play the ball forward makes me even more annoyed at the alexanderball era. If we're going to keep trying to play like that, I can live with the bad results.

Sol and Lamie had the utd forwards in their pocket, and that's as solid as I've seen them.

Fair enough, Dundee utd are shite, but they have some really good players that could have caused us trouble, but we didn't let them .

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I thought Goss had his best game for us today, as well as Tierney. They both have an eye for a pass, and watching them make space for themselves and play the ball forward makes me even more annoyed at the alexanderball era. If we're going to keep trying to play like that, I can live with the bad results.

Sol and Lamie had the utd forwards in their pocket, and that's as solid as I've seen them.

Fair enough, Dundee utd are shite, but they have some really good players that could have caused us trouble, but we didn't let them .

Yes, Goss played very well. I felt a bit sorry for Tierney. As on Wednesday he came in for some stick, which was no surprise. Hopefully he'll beef up a bit and toughen up.  

I dont think tierney necessarily needs to bulk up, there are plenty of small/ lean players, and they can use that to their advantage, and that's something he can learn. Putting on weight could also be a detriment to his game.

He's 21, so may fill out a bit yet, but he's not going to be rocking a Conor Shields physique any time soon, or likely at all.

48 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Absolutely. I haven't seen so many happy smiling faces leaving Fir Park for a year or two. More please! That first half was amazing and we played some excellent football, a real delight to watch and chalk and cheese from the GA days.  The second half was a bit of an anti climax, but thats no surprise after what we saw in the first 45.  I thought Stevie Hammell picked the wrong team but I was proved wrong. Maybe in the second half he didn't quite get one of the subs right but thats small beer.  The only negative, apart from being totally impotent up front, was a sloppy last 10/15 with some needless errors and defending too deeply.  Still we held out to claim a draw, although 3 would have been more apt. A typical Dundee United game.

I thought Efford did pretty well and we lost a bit when Aarons came on. However, is he being played in the right position? Am I right in thinking he's a left winger?

The referee had a poor game with a string of inconsistent decisions and what about his play the advantage/no don't decision late in the game? Totally ludicrous. At that point he lost the plot.  Ross Graham's dive in the second half was just...embarassing, but he won the foul. United players and fans, as per usual moaned and complained from start to finish......oh it must be grim being a season ticket holder at Tannadice.

Our big failing was sterility in front of goal.....as was the case on Wednesday. Final balls and passing were lacking. Maybe Louis will be the answer maybe not...time will tell. Still thats a game we could easily have lost and more than a few were relieved to hear the final whistle. We've been there before, many times.

I thought the ref made the right call in that situation. The ball broke to Watt who was offside so Utd got no advantage and so he gave them the free kick.