Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Our winless run will come to an end, it has to at some point but it won't be tonight. I wonder how many of our new faces will start or even feature?

We need at worst 6 points from next three games will likely get two or three.  I don't fancy us tonight  At Johnstone seem to have the measure of us these days

Good to see Danzaki and Aitchison in there, should hopefully bring some freshness. A little surprised McKinstry is on the bench but I suppose Crankshaw came on and did well on Sat. Hopefully Aitchison gets a bit closer to Van Veen than others have this season.

Would give Van Veen until half time and if he looks as disinterested as he has in recent weeks get him off an Obeka on.

3 minutes ago, mio said:

As much as it’s great to see the new players I’m pretty disgusted at the dropping of our only two performers lately. Johnson and mckinstry do not deserve getting dropped to the bench.

I'm afraid starting 3 new players all at once exposes the lack of experience Hammy has. As for dropping McKinstry, absolute madness. Only one that looks like scoring last week. Last time McKinstry was sub Hammy had to put him on at half-time and he won Motherwell's man of the match (again). Although that isn't hard these days. As an aside. Did Van Veen have a single shot at St Mirren?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kat said:

White kit under the lights tonight. 

The white kit is easily the best of the three.

Third game in a row we’ve not had the ‘home kit’ and we won’t be seeing it at Pittodrie on Saturday either or at Kirkcaldy. It’s a welcome break from it.

5 minutes ago, steeldrew said:

It's good to see on here that Hammell is going wrong both by not changing the team and then tonight for changing the team.

I was all for changing the team but I don’t like dropping our only performing players. I’d even argue that spittal should be in before slattery and goss. It just seems he’s trying to shoehorn players like mcginn into that team on the basis that he thinks he’s a good utility player. I’d argue he’s not that great in any position 

Anyway it’s an extremely important game tonight, just hope to god we get a win….. a horrible 1-0 would do me now.