Aberdeen v Motherwell 04/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

21 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If Hammy still in charge this is last chance saloon for him

How many does he get. Each game brings with it the “must win” tag…….. and do we? Do we fuck. There’s nothing about this team that says we’re up for the fight. I’ve been going to Fir Park for nigh on 60 years and I’m struggling to think of a team that showed so little fight or direction from the coaching staff as the one tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

How many does he get. Each game brings with it the “must win” tag…….. and do we? Do we fuck. There’s nothing about this team that says we’re up for the fight. I’ve been going to Fir Park for nigh on 60 years and I’m struggling to think of a team that showed so little fight or direction from the coaching staff as the one tonight.

I just mean I don't think he will go before Saturday. If still in charge and we lose to Dons I can't see any way back 

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

I honestly don’t think he should be allowed to take this team any further than tonight’s game. 

Absolutely. If he doesn't instigate matters tomorrow then the Directors should. No way should he be in charge for Saturday. That doesn't sound nice but the future of our club is at stake. It would also be the kindest outcome for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Grew said:

He must be called into the Boardroom in the morning thanked for his service and told to clear his desk asap.

It won’t make any difference anyway because because I think we are too far gone now to retrieve the situation.

I know what you are saying from a performance point of view but from a points point of view we are not doomed. Can SH turn it around and get the team to start picking up points? I think the answer is No! He has had multiple chances and failed every time. Can an experienced head take these same players and start to pick up points and keep us up? I think the answer is yes. Do I know who that person is?  No! But the board need to figure our very quickly who that person is because it’s very apparent that it’s not SH. I am very sad to say that but he has had multiple opportunities to stem the tide but for me, as games come and go we are getting worse. 

• Like 2

If we're going down (and we are), I'd rather we went down swinging with players that look like they give a damn. As such team for Saturday should look something like

Oxborough

Johnston McGinn Lamie Furlong

Miller Cornelius

Crankshaw Tierney/Danzaki McKinstry 

Aitchison

Defence I've left as I don't know the younger options there.. If Blaney is fit, temptation is to play him alongside McGinn.

If nothing else, tthis would give us a chance to see who might cut it in a promotion push next season. Certainly the players listed are more likely to get tore in about the opposition. Which would be a start...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Absolutely. If he doesn't instigate matters tomorrow then the Directors should. No way should he be in charge for Saturday. That doesn't sound nice but the future of our club is at stake. It would also be the kindest outcome for him.

Totally agree with you Dave but I'll be surprised if it happens the people running the club are part of the problem. They never acted quick enough to get rid of Alexander, and compounded that by giving him a ridiculous contract extension which ultimately cost the club financially. Then they took the no work required, cheap and easy option to appoint SH another big mistake, sanctioned very poor recruitment to bring in the likes of Morris, Aarons, Moult, Ohjala, Solholm so since December 22 the club has been in freefall.

The situation we are in now is salvageable,  15 games and 45 points to play for but only if we get an experienced manager in ASAP to get the squad playing. But for me the Current board seem equally as clueless as Hammell and if they don't man up and act now we are heading for championship football next season.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 10:44 PM, grizzlyg said:

If Hammy still in charge this is last chance saloon for him

I actually think he has two games Saturday and the Cup. If we lose 3 or 4 nil on Saturday and then put out the cup. I'm certain he will be sacked and we will mirror Dundee's efforts by appointing a Journeyman who will take us down just the same. I keep hearing people say we are no worse than those around us . Frankly I don't know what they are watching we are easily the worst team I've seen in the league and we are where we are on merit.

We are wearing our bright o light kit tomorrow and Aberdeen are also playing in a one off charity kit.

Anyway it's a case of the two charity cases, Hibs, St Mirren and St Johnstone were all on terrible runs, but we have gift wrapped victories for each. We have missed out on pulling away from Killie when they had a double header against the Old Firm and midweek we could have brought St Johnstone back into the relegation mix but again we put in the poorest performance I can remember in recent times. These wee scenarios have kept presenting themselves but we keep blowing it, I suspect tomorrow will be no different. Wednesday was a watershed moment, while we can argue new additions still need time to bed in, it is still massively concerning the performance that was put in. Apathy has set in for me, decided to give this a miss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pretzel said:

We are wearing our bright o light kit tomorrow and Aberdeen are also playing in a one off charity kit.

Anyway it's a case of the two charity cases, Hibs, St Mirren and St Johnstone were all on terrible runs, but we have gift wrapped victories for each. We have missed out on pulling away from Killie when they had a double header against the Old Firm and midweek we could have brought St Johnstone back into the relegation mix but again we put in the poorest performance I can remember in recent times. These wee scenarios have kept presenting themselves but we keep blowing it, I suspect tomorrow will be no different. Wednesday was a watershed moment, while we can argue new additions still need time to bed in, it is still massively concerning the performance that was put in. Apathy has set in for me, decided to give this a miss.

Exactly how I feel. 

If the senior players back the manager, lets see it tomorrow. Regardless the team needs freshened up.......

Kelly

McGinn Lamie Blaney

Johnston                                    Furlong

Danzaki   Slattery  McKinstey

Obika Aitchison

KVV and Goss need benchtime and we dont have a proper defensive mid to play much else and not expose our defence again.                        

13 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If the senior players back the manager, lets see it tomorrow. Regardless the team needs freshened up.......

Kelly

McGinn Lamie Blaney

Obika Aitchison

KVV and Goss need benchtime and we dont have a proper defensive mid to play much else and not expose our defence again.                        

Having Slattery in that space in front of the defence terrifies me. He's a wasted jersey now. 

Edit - Blaney is out injured.

10 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Kelly

McGinn Lamie Blaney

Obika Aitchison