Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Almost beat rangers then sacked?....is there more to this than meets the eye?....is he well bound?

He would be a good fit for us right now imo. He knows the game and knows how to set teams up to be difficult to beat, plus he would (surely) be affordable for us unlike Lennon, Lambert or Levein?

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Ian McCall has surprisingly just been sacked by Partick Thistle.

We could do alot worse.

I thought it was surprising until I saw that their league form has dropped off and their playoff chances were starting to dwindle. Still seems hasty though.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Don't know the reason but Thistle supporting mates have always commented of a dodgy side to his character. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Certainly liked a bet in the bookies off byres road, used to spot him at lunchtime when I was.....emmmm..... putting on a bet!! 

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Is this Kettlewell putting himself forward for the managers job, seems like it to me

Motherwell: Players 'must take accountability' for Hammell's sacking, says Kettlewell - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64618447

Sounded more like keeping his options open. There was another article form this interview where he talks about his preference for youth development, and the bbc article seems to have pulled the diplomatic answers to the "do you want the job" question and turned it into a story.

I wouldn't discount him taking it, (I thought hammell would never take the role then that happened). However, the interim guy needs to be careful, if they say they've no intention of going for the role, it might make it harder to get buy in from players.

Oh, and Ian McCall is a big no for me. 

3 minutes ago, mio said:

Surely not Ian McCall ….. please god no. Odious little Rangers loving nyaff 

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Yeah because having a manager who ‘loves’ Rangers is the worst thing we could have right now eh? It’s not as if we’ve ever done okay with ex Rangers players as managers in the past or anything. You know like an ex-Rangers player overseeing a Scottish Cup win or another ex-Rangers player taking us from the brink of extinction to top six and a League Cup Final? Or yet another one guiding us to 3rd, 2nd and 2nd again?

Nah, lets not get anyone in who has a previous connection with Rangers.

”Announce Lennon!”

• Haha 3

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread