Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

What's the worst that can happen.Give him the gig till the end of the season.

We get enough new manager bounce to get us out of the shit then things go tits up by which time we're safe and we look for a new manager at the end of the season.

Alternatively he proves that he's not just a flash in the pan and results and performances continue to go the way they are till the end if the season and we give him a 2 year deal. 

5 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Holloway, in my opinion, would be a mental appointment. Surely our board don't want to go into this relegation fight with a media clown/entertainer with no recent record and a spectacular failure on his record. Especially one that seems to have the public persona of the kind of comedian that gets booked for low grade caravan parks.

How do you know he turned up for his interview in his camper van ???

Whoever the club fancied a week ago should be the appointment we go for. Kettlewell certainly a good guy and fair play for last couple of games, its injected hope into our season. 

It's certainly a tougher decision than a week ago but I can't believe for one second that he would have been the preferred candidate a week ago.  Get him on a pay increase and working brilliantly with the youngsters .

Meanwhile bring in who the club believe can move us forward long term.

4 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Whoever the club fancied a week ago should be the appointment we go for. Kettlewell certainly a good guy and fair play for last couple of games, its injected hope into our season. 

It's certainly a tougher decision than a week ago but I can't believe for one second that he would have been the preferred candidate a week ago.  Get him on a pay increase and working brilliantly with the youngsters .

Meanwhile bring in who the club believe can move us forward long term.

You'd go with their choice if it was Holloway?

I like the way that Kettlwell has managed our most disappointing players i.e. O'Donnell and Slattery. He could easily have punted them into the reserves but - despite knowing full well how poor they were recently - he put his trust in them and put them on to defend leads. They both seem to have responded well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Holloway, in my opinion, would be a mental appointment. Surely our board don't want to go into this relegation fight with a media clown/entertainer with no recent record and a spectacular failure on his record. Especially one that seems to have the public persona of the kind of comedian that gets booked for low grade caravan parks.

well said get him tae feck         keep the kettle boiling   he now has 5 training sessions this week to prepare for a battle with killie so DONT upset the applecart now when we are on a roll

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Get him on a pay increase and working brilliantly with the youngsters .

Even in the short time Kettlewell has been in charge of the first team, if we think he's just going to go back to coaching the kids and remain there for the foreseeable we're mental.

Other clubs will have noted his performance and how he's handled himself. He'll be at a Premier League or Championship club as manager when next season kicks off.

A week ago everyone was saying that our players were all shite and whover was in charge, we were doomed because of Alexander/Hammels's signings. Kettlewell has managed to prove that the squad we have is capabale of beating the clear third best team in the country, on their day. I think between that and the momentum he has generated, mean that he should be given the job until the end of the season with further discussions to take place depending on where we finish.

The last thing we need is another manager coming in now and saying 'no, we play 433, you centre forward, get out on the wing' or some such crap that is based on his dogma or 'football ethos' rather than knowledge of our players or league. Getting the best out of what we have is the key to getting out of this relegation battle.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

The kettles on to the end of the season if the kettle wants the kettle to be on to the end of the season

Interesting thought. Maybe SK thinks he has a shot at Aberdeen, or, more likely if they think they would get same reaction, Dundee Utd. 

57 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

A week ago everyone was saying that our players were all shite and whover was in charge, we were doomed because of Alexander/Hammels's signings. Kettlewell has managed to prove that the squad we have is capabale of beating the clear third best team in the country, on their day.

Yeah but we have two new centre backs who have been miles better than who was there before.

O'Donnell and Slattery who have both been imposters are rightly warming the bench.

And we are actually playing two up top.

All those things make a massive difference.  Especially on our defensive performance which was really the thing that was holding us back all season.

The truth is there isn't much between 12th and 3rd in this league.  Just having players who are confident is probably the difference between Top 6 and being in a relegation spot.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I hope it's McCann purely on the basis that I don't want to read any more kettle references. 

You'd have to be a total maddie to think they'll be no jokes about his name.......

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

well said get him tae feck         keep the kettle boiling   he now has 5 training sessions this week to prepare for a battle with killie so DONT upset the applecart now when we are on a roll

Holloway would be ok if we were looking for someone to host sportsmans dinners if Tam Cowan was busy.

He could entertain us with his funny stories from the dressing room and how he once had a square go with (insert famous English International).

As a Manager 

No thanks.

They say one swallow doesnt make a summer. What does 2 make?

That was seriously impressive today, although I think both Robinson and Alexander would have a wry smile at the way it was acheived.

I wouldnt necessarily have been considering Kettlewell for the job before Wednesday, but after those 2 perfomances and results it feels like more of a risk not giving him the job, at least until the end of the season.

The next 2 games are huge for our season and upsetting some newly created momentum doesnt sit well.

The difference in performance from Hammells last few games to this is pretty unbelievable. 

It may not last, but bringing someone new in guarantees nothing either. At least this feels tangible.

• Like 2

keep kettlewell til eos

a full weeks training ( which heez not had )  and a plan for killie,  then we march on     do not fuck up by upsetting the momentum b4 sat     where i think we will take a big support             the same as the year big lee irwin made a name for himself

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

A week ago everyone was saying that our players were all shite and whover was in charge, we were doomed because of Alexander/Hammels's signings. Kettlewell has managed to prove that the squad we have is capabale of beating the clear third best team in the country, on their day........ Getting the best out of what we have is the key to getting out of this relegation battle.

100% Ally. Thats always been my view. I've never subscribed to the view that our squad was rubbish (or words to that effect). They just haven't been properly managed. It begs the question though as to why managerial changes weren't made over  a month ago.

• Like 1

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread