Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Miller out for 3 months and McGinn for 6 weeks are big blows.

2 of our more influential players this season.

Davor might get some gametime yet.

The back 3 will no doubt need to remain as is now with Mugabi for cover.

SK doesnt have his problems to seek.

4 hours ago, wunderwell said:

But the question remains, as it does in most football clubs nowadays, who is signing the players?

I don't doubt the manager has partial involvement but not wholly so......

We employ someone to identify players. That's their sole role.

What we need to do is work out who identified Mika and was able to temp someone of that calibre to come here. That is what we need, mine that for all its worth.

I know it would never happen but if we had 4 or 5 players on his level, ability and desire, then we would be in the top 3.

Kelly

Butcher   Casey

Spencer                                         Gent      

Davor

Slattery     Paton        Spittal

Wilkinson   Mika     

6 hours ago, Fergie79 said:

I got the feeling during summer transfer window we were outbid on or couldn't agree a deal with our main transfer targets and had to make do with some bodies that would actually sign for us....I reckon what we had planned and what we actually got was totally different at the end of the window....as such can't blame SK too much, reckon he needs until after next summer's transfer window to have a squad more or less as planned....defo a work in progress and not easy work at that.

I think this is most likely - good point

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Part of our problem is for current players we need  to play a starting 12. 

3 centre halves 
2 wing backs 
4 midfielders 
2 strikers 

following issue is we don't have 4 strong midfielders nor 2 strikers. 

We could ask for special dispensation 😜

I know this is tongue in cheek - but it's accurate.  Which one do you suffer with the least by withdrawing one?

31 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

I know this is tongue in cheek - but it's accurate.  Which one do you suffer with the least by withdrawing one?

Think it has to be the midfield but only if we play spencer on the right and gent on the left .

we need natural width and get balls into the box . 

also think we need to drop slattery and replace with Davor as need more in the middle defensively 

1 hour ago, purestate said:

Worth watching  manager’s latest interview. Seems clear Davor isn’t considered ready yet. 

SK must think he's rotten. He said he needs to show more than Slattery, SPittal, Paton have shown. Hardly a high bar to reach.

This is a poor reflection on SK's summer approach. 

Great job at moving players out and reducing the squad.  Was hoping we'd have smaller squad and use the savings to bring in better quality to improve our overall squad. 

None of the new perm signings are good enough, the Bair project is his biggest success (sigh) 

I still advocate for giving SK time but its hard to listen to these interviews.  There's no excuse for bad results.

Quite simply need to a) get back to creating chances, more than 2 shots on goal and b) win.