Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

One question for everyone who wants to bin Kettlewell.

What out of work experienced manager is currently out there who would get more out of the current squad and improve it in January.

I'm on the fence but genuinely cant think of anyone.

Often interested candidates don't show interest until a vacancy arises. It's not our job to identify candidates but rather that of the Directors. We don't know which managers are out of contract and which aren't. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Often interested candidates don't show interest until a vacancy arises. It's not our job to identify candidates but rather that of the Directors. We don't know which managers are out of contract and which aren't. 

Unless I'm missing something, the managers who are out of contract at this point in time are currently unemployed. Can't you think of anyone you'd fancy?

3 hours ago, wellfan said:

Fair enough. We may not have been getting steadily worse, but not winning for over 3.5 months and scraping a few draws instead of losses isn't necessarily an improvement when the bigger picture is considered. 

Dont disagree with that at all.

It feels like we are in a sort of "holding pattern".

We need to either get a few wins and put this to bed, or get to the point where enough is enough and SK has to go.

This feels like death by 1000 cuts!

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

Unless I'm missing something, the managers who are out of contract at this point in time are currently unemployed. Can't you think of anyone you'd fancy?

Not all managers in work have contracts. Some have release clauses. I simply don't know who is available. Who  on here would have come up with names like Jim Gannon,  Ian Baraclough, Graham Alexander or Nick Montgomery?

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not all managers in work have contracts. Some have release clauses. I simply don't know who is available. Who  on here would have come up with names like Jim Gannon,  Ian Baraclough, Graham Alexander or Nick Montgomery?

I'd like to know who was available/being considered before saying Kettlewell has to go. It's not at the 'can't be any worse' stage yet.

Was Harri Kampman in work when he came here? If not, the last manager we took from another club was Tommy McLean, so I doubt we'll go down that path.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Dont disagree with that at all.

It feels like we are in a sort of "holding pattern".

We need to either get a few wins and put this to bed, or get to the point where enough is enough and SK has to go.

This feels like death by 1000 cuts!

Yes, it seems like we’re witnessing a slow demise with the occasional valiant whimper. 

5 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd like to know who was available/being considered before saying Kettlewell has to go. It's not at the 'can't be any worse' stage yet.

Was Harri Kampman in work when he came here? If not, the last manager we took from another club was Tommy McLean, so I doubt we'll go down that path.

I'll add to the list. How many fans, including Dundee ones, had heard of Tony Docherty before he landed the Dens job? How many of us had heard of Stephen Robinson? The club and agents will have a far better idea than we do, as they have access to a lot more information. Anyone knowing Stevie Hammell, i.e. Stepehen Craigan would have been very surprised at his appointment. Not all of these names were/are successful of course but it just shows how left field names land jobs.

This winless run simply can't go on much longer.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'll add to the list. How n amny fans, including Dundee ones, had heard of Tony Docherty before he landed the Dens job? How many of us had heard of Stephen Robinson? The club and agents will have a far better idewa than we do as they have access to alot more information. Anyone knowing Stevie Hammell, i.e. Stepehen Craigan would hav been very surprised at his appointment. Not all of these names were/are successful but it just shows how left field names land jobs.

I get your point - the club know far more about who is available than we do. Would that not suggest they are in a far better position to decide whether Kettlewell should be sacked or not than we are?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

I get your point - the club know far more about who is available than we do. Would that not suggest they are in a far better position to decide whether Kettlewell should be sacked or not than we are?

You'd think so, but their judgement over the past 2/3 years hasn't been impressive.

Just thought I’d chime in as we’re about the halfway point of the season. As much as people have made about our poor quality up front Wilkinson Bair etc as a side we’ve scored 20 goals across the first 18 games which is not bad going really looking at the league excluding the 2 Glasgow sides were in terms of goals scored we’re about middle of the pack having out scored hearts in 3rd.

where it starts to get grim is our defending. We’ve got the leakiest defence in the league having conceded 29 goals, our main area of improvement has to be in defence as that’s what’s costing us wins and I’d expect the manager to know that. I would be judging the next 7 days as we would ideally be looking for 4 points out of the next week for me.

Kettlewell has to start finding some solution to this run and at least starting to win our home games if he’s to save his job and our club from relegation. 

i don’t think we’re gonna be looking for a new manager this season I have every faith we’ll see the required results at pittodrie and against livi, I just hope we recruit players smarter moving forward.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Throughthelaces said:

Just thought I’d chime in as we’re about the halfway point of the season. As much as people have made about our poor quality up front Wilkinson Bair etc as a side we’ve scored 20 goals across the first 18 games which is not bad going really looking at the league excluding the 2 Glasgow sides were in terms of goals scored we’re about middle of the pack having out scored hearts in 3rd.

where it starts to get grim is our defending. We’ve got the leakiest defence in the league having conceded 29 goals, our main area of improvement has to be in defence as that’s what’s costing us wins and I’d expect the manager to know that. I would be judging the next 7 days as we would ideally be looking for 4 points out of the next week for me.

Kettlewell has to start finding some solution to this run and at least starting to win our home games if he’s to save his job and our club from relegation. 

i don’t think we’re gonna be looking for a new manager this season I have every faith we’ll see the required results at pittodrie and against livi, I just hope we recruit players smarter moving forward.

after watching that totally brutal performance     how is he  going to polish this shite for midweek and next weekend ?????

Losing to livi coupled with the teams around us having games in hand is becoming unthinkable,were in dire straights at the minute and it's clear the manager doesn't have any kind of clue how to get us out of it.the only hope we have is to change manager and hope for a productive january at bringing in some new faces,i get thats a big ask but if continue as we are theres every chance we could go down this season.

12 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Generally believe we're likely to finish 11th or 12th.  

Livi are likely to invest in players - I don't get a similar vibe from our club. 

Unless there's a masterplan of investment to be unveiled that gets shot off all those both on and off the pitch it's difficult to see a trajectory that enables us to be optimistic . 

Conjecture at its finest. Spare us.

13 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Generally believe we're likely to finish 11th or 12th.  

Livi are likely to invest in players - I don't get a similar vibe from our club. 

Unless there's a masterplan of investment to be unveiled that gets shot off all those both on and off the pitch it's difficult to see a trajectory that enables us to be optimistic . 

Are livi coming into money? Genuine question.

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

after watching that totally brutal performance     how is he  going to polish this shite for midweek and next weekend ?????

I guess I don’t know what the best way of setting this team up is. I try to just trust the people employed by the club to do that. I am quite critical of our recruitment but there’s only so much changing managers we can do really before we become an unattractive proposition for managers. 

6 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

I guess I don’t know what the best way of setting this team up is. I try to just trust the people employed by the club to do that. I am quite critical of our recruitment but there’s only so much changing managers we can do really before we become an unattractive proposition for managers. 

problem is we are employing shite in the HOPE that there not really well AS SHITE,  but shite is shite the world over ans you still cant polish it,  you can sprinkle glitter on it      but its still shite

maybe a couple of players with a bit of ability instead of what hammel did and just bring in a few in the hope one turns out decent feck knows what the answer is      but we all know the problem  , now we dodged the bullet last year, can we do the same 2 year in a row ?????????????????