Kilmarnock v Motherwell 25/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

A point wouldn’t be the worst here but given our resurgence there’s no reason we can’t take all three and propel away from the bottom.

A couple of wins in the next two games sees us with a slight chance of sneaking into the top six. A couple of losses and we are right back in the shit.

A humongous couple of weeks ahead for the future of our club. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Kettlewell will have them fired up and organized again. Would be a bit of a waste to take 3 points from Hearts and then come away from the Killie game with zero points. So, more than capable of winning all 3 points but a draw would at leas t make sure Killie don’t make any ground on us. Hoping we can get a win so that we put more space between us and the bottom three. The more wins we can get under our belt the more confident the players will become

No longer a must win game, but it IS a must not lose game, otherwise the last 2 results will have lost some of their shine. Same again for me. Concentrate on another clean sheet and we will have every chance as we definitely have more attacking options than Killie right now with Vassell being red carded at the weekend and them losing their other 2 strikers in the window. Hopefully a decent support down as well for what is one of the better away days.

3 hours ago, steeldrew said:

The next two games are the difference between being in the mix for relegation at the end of the season,  and having some meaningless games come the split. I'd much rather have the latter.

I know we can't dither over our managerial appointment but these two game as huge an could define whether or not we get it right. Both must not lose games.  

If we were to win the next 2 games we would go a long way ti ensuring we stay up. 

It wouldnt be mathematically certain, but it would be a huge psychological blow ti both Killie and County and in all liklihood widen the gap to United as well.

I dont see it happening though. 2 tough away games with both teams fighting for their lives. Happily take a point a peice from both knowing that they both have to come to Fir Park after the split.

I feel like we should handicap clubs with plastic pitches. You either lay some turf or you start every season at -12 points.

Entertainment will be lacking, but hopefully our recent wins will have us playing with a bit of confidence and on the front foot.