Kilmarnock v Motherwell 25/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Don't see us moving from the back three, with it being a big part of our success in the last two games. We've been playing a 3-4-1-2 (which is really just a 352 anyway) with Spittall as the 1, and he has been good in that role, so should keep it.

Unless there's injuries, or if SK wants to set up differently away from home, I'm sure we will stick with the same starting XI.

2 hours ago, Antrimmfc said:

If we keep up winning then great. but the balls still a hot tattie. Still need to create more. Think McKinstry would be ideal for playing behind front 2 in a 3-4-1-2 formation. See things early and knows where the goal is. 

So you'll drop Spittal, one of our best performers in the last two matches (I'd argue over 180 minutes, he's been the best)?

I like McKinstry and I was puzzled when Hammell was refusing to start him in a 433. But to suggest starting him ahead of Spittal right now is a headscratcher...

31 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

So you'll drop Spittal, one of our best performers in the last two matches (I'd argue over 180 minutes, he's been the best)?

I like McKinstry and I was puzzled when Hammell was refusing to start him in a 433. But to suggest starting him ahead of Spittal right now is a headscratcher...

Don't know what Hammil was playing at. Twice McKinstry had to come on a half time. 2 nil down both times.  Says a lot about his initial line up.  By the way I never said I'd drop Spittal. He's done well last 2 games with his battling qualities especially after been booed and told to f'k off every game for weeks by our so called fans. Shows great character.  Fans love someone kicking the ball out for a throw in especially when it's a slide tackle. Gets the loudest cheer of the day. I'd always find a space for our best creative players. Hard graft without someone that can do something different only lasts so long. 

Id go same again and only change it if its not working. We have got so many options off the bench in forward areas. Plenty of our bench got gametime for the reserves today so that should help should they be required. 

On 2/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, GazzyB said:

A point wouldn’t be the worst here but given our resurgence there’s no reason we can’t take all three and propel away from the bottom.

A couple of wins in the next two games sees us with a slight chance of sneaking into the top six. A couple of losses and we are right back in the shit.

A humongous couple of weeks ahead for the future of our club. 

If we make it into the top 6 this season il wear a mankini to our first game after the split

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Antrimmfc said:

...Twice McKinstry had to come on a half time. 2 nil down both times...

...Hard graft without someone that can do something different only lasts so long. 

Tin hat time (do we still say that?).

I definitely don't want to knock McKinstry, and I'm sure he knows better than anyone, but there are still many flaws to his game, ball retention and decision amongst the most obvious. He's still learning his trade after all.

Without doubt he is an exciting prospect, but at this stage of the season, the position we find ourselves in and the formation we have adapted, the bench seems the right place for him at the moment... And provides the management team with an excellent attacking option if and when required.

18 minutes ago, Inflato said:

I definitely don't want to knock McKinstry, and I'm sure he knows better than anyone, but there are still many flaws to his game, ball retention and decision amongst the most obvious. He's still learning his trade after all.

Without doubt he is an exciting prospect, but at this stage of the season, the position we find ourselves in and the formation we have adapted, the bench seems the right place for him at the moment... And provides the management team with an excellent attacking option if and when required.

Hard to come on when 2 nil down and be expected to turn the game. Ball retention? he's the only player we have that can take a touch and look up. 

46 minutes ago, Inflato said:

Just noticed. Auld buggers like me still say Tin Hat LOL. anyway, only in SPFL or Scottish Football would we say that players are still learning their trade at 20. in other countries especially Europe they're in the first team from any age. 

10 minutes ago, grumpy said:

I'd imagine they took about 4 seconds to deny it. The real question is why the ref only gave a yellow card to begin with. 

Indeed. There was no actual intent there, granted, but he's still managed to get his boot up to a height that Bruce Lee could only dream of.