Ross County v Motherwell 04/03/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Another game where a point is better for us than it is for them.

A win would be huge.

I would be tempted to freshen things up a little just to keep the players on their toes and throw Ross County a curve ball.

Deano and Goss didnt have great games yesterday and neither could complain with the attacking options we have on the bench. Aitchison in partucular looked very good when he came on.

All depends on how the gaffer sees it.

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Another game where a point is better for us than it is for them.

A win would be huge.

I would be tempted to freshen things up a little just to keep the players on their toes and throw Ross County a curve ball.

Deano and Goss didnt have great games yesterday and neither could complain with the attacking options we have on the bench. Aitchison in partucular looked very good when he came on.

All depends on how the gaffer sees it.

yip probably a wee bit to predictable yesterday the minute mcinnes seen our team he wouldv known how we would set up , why we continuiously shelled the ball high up towards  obika for taylor to continiously win was just playing into there hands, couple of wee tweaks just to be differant and throw ross co a wee bit and we could be onto a winner ,                as long as the motherwell version of dundee utd dont show up

21 minutes ago, El Grew said:

We now have only 6 games left before the split:

Ross County (A)

Rangers (H)

Hibs (A)

Livingston (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Celtic (A)

The ugly sisters apart, we should be targetting points against all the others. We need to keep this momentum going.

I think 8 points from the last six games is acheivable and would effectively (if not mathematically) have us safe by the split.

First things first though, do not lose in Dingwall. Offer them no hope whatsoever.

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

yip probably a wee bit to predictable yesterday the minute mcinnes seen our team he wouldv known how we would set up , why we continuiously shelled the ball high up towards  obika for taylor to continiously win was just playing into there hands, couple of wee tweaks just to be differant and throw ross co a wee bit and we could be onto a winner ,                as long as the motherwell version of dundee utd dont show up

Substitute Taylor with Lacovitti and play the same long ball punts up the park tactics and we're going to get the same result.

Maybe forced into that because of the state of the pitch and unpredictable bounce but no reason to adopt those tactics on a decent pitch.

We saw against Hearts that balls played up to Obikas feet and chest plays to his strengths and I'm sure we'll see more of that.

Slattery for Cornelius ??

I always target 38 points before I can relax and think about how high we can finish and not how low, and in the last 15 or so years, only twice has the team finishing 11th exceeded that total, I suspect this season won't buck that trend, so 38 points should be plenty. 11 games to go, 11 points required, I think ( and hope ) that we will manage that.

47 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I suspect 37 point might be needed to avoid the drop or play off. We would need 10 points. 6 or 7 points before the split would be perfect but still a hard ask.

I think the fact that QP are playing him through the middle will be helping him enormously.

Whether he will ever be good enough for the Premiership remains to be seen. But it is nice to see him get a bit of respite.

Hopefully he can use the time to regain his confidence and come back to us a better player.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

A win at County would be a tremendous boost to our confidence and just heap even more pressure on the 3 teams below us. Another KVV hat trick would go down well. 

you keep eating the rolls n sq slice texan , there doing wonders for your imagination :dontknow:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

A win at County would be a tremendous boost to our confidence and just heap even more pressure on the 3 teams below us. Another KVV hat trick would go down well. 

That's Fox been punted by Dundee untd (by mutual consent), so they might be due their new manager bounce, so we really should be looking to win this one.

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

Liam Fox has left Dundee United, hopefully they don't get to enjoy that new manager bounce.

Looking forward to the game, a win would be most welcome. Killie face Rangers and United face Aberdeen this weekend so a great opportunity to open the gap further.

How many times have we said this in the last few seasons only to be left deflated and frustrated, hopefully the new managers attitude will change that this time.  If not , well that’s Motherwell for you.

Im hoping that Kettlewell feels that there is unfinished business for him in Dingwalll and he will have the players super focused on getting a result. Spittal going back as an ex player hopefully adds to the mix just as our ex players always seem to!

22 hours ago, El Grew said:

We now have only 6 games left before the split:

Ross County (A)

Rangers (H)

Hibs (A)

Livingston (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Celtic (A)

IF league positions remain the same after the final pre split game, then we will be due 3 home after the split aginst Killie, Ross County and one from Dundee United or Livingston or St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

IF league positions remain the same after the final pre split game, then we will be due 3 home after the split aginst Killie, Ross County and one from Dundee United or Livingston or St Johnstone.

So far this season as brutal as we have been we have 27 points which is 33.3% of the total available, if we continue at the same rate we are on course for a 38 point total, which should see us safe as no team has ever been relegated or landed in the playoffs with more than 37 pts. So a modest improvement over the last 11 games will see us up that percentage and end up with a 40 + points total.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

So far this season as brutal as we have been we have 27 points which is 33.3% of the total available, if we continue at the same rate we are on course for a 38 point total, which should see us safe as no team has ever been relegated or landed in the playoffs with more than 37 pts. So a modest improvement over the last 11 games will see us up that percentage and end up with a 40 + points total.

Yeah but that percentage was 28% of points available until two weeks ago , so if we revert to pre Kettlewell games ratio we are looking at 31 points,  that's bang on automatic relegation. We just cannot return to the pre Kettlewell points average and we are a long way from safe yet. I think we need 7 points minimum until the break meaning we are not in the "one slip and done for" territory after the split. We need an insurance policy for the last 5 games.