2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think Efford and possibly Lamie will be out the door. Maybe McGinley  although we would be very light at lwb unless there is a replacement already lined up.

agree - can't see a future for either Efford or Lamie.  I could see other clubs happily stepping in for them. 

McGinley may need to stick around to prove fitness before other clubs take a punt on him

6 hours ago, pretzel said:

I know Kettlewell has exhausted the statement in interviews but Scott Burns mentioned the other day that he wants new additions but no more will be added until some players are moved on. 

Is anyone else bored to tears with the poverty line .. we fuckin know. can he just not say no more at the moment ffs.

18 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Is anyone else bored to tears with the poverty line .. we fuckin know. can he just not say no more at the moment ffs.

No. Because that sends out the message that we are happy with what we have and that would send some of our fans apoplectic.

He needs to let the fans know that he understands that the squad still isnt complete and would still like to add one or two. But he also needs to temper expectations and ensure fans understand its not easy or straightforward.

#kettlespeak

22 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

See Dundee are interested in signing Sean Goss. 

Aye Ketts didnt miss him either......

Good lad, we wanted to keep him, but he told us he wanted to play abroad......

Is Dundee abroad?

😆

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I think we've already replaced him with the others we've brought in,.

Other areas may need further strengthening 

Despite big Theo equalling his recent goal tally, I don't think our team has an awful lot of goals in them at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Despite big Theo equalling his recent goal tally, I don't think our team has an awful lot of goals in them at the moment. 

I don’t disagree.  I suspect the young loanee will be the best striker by a distance .

the jury is out for the other 3 we’ve signed but he has signed 4 strikers. I don’t see us signing more in this position 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

I don’t disagree.  I suspect the young loanee will be the best striker by a distance .

the jury is out for the other 3 we’ve signed but he has signed 4 strikers. I don’t see us signing more in this position 

I think SK might be looking for the midfield to chip in a lot more than previous seasons 

3 hours ago, David said:

Mebbes aye.

Mebbes naw.

Mebbes we should wait and see?

18 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

No. Because that sends out the message that we are happy with what we have and that would send some of our fans apoplectic.

He needs to let the fans know that he understands that the squad still isnt complete and would still like to add one or two. But he also needs to temper expectations and ensure fans understand its not easy or straightforward.

#kettlespeak

How thick do our fans need to be that they need told every time he speaks.

• Like 1

Very similar rhetoric to his time with Ross County. To be fair though he has had to cut his cloth and move on a lot of players.  Now deciding not to have a reserve team. 

Personal view is we've brought in far too many journeymen over the last decade or so. Lost our way and blown lots of cash from sales. 

Pruning back and starting over makes a reasonable amount of sense, of course this is dependant on brining in better players that we're moving out. Hopeful that a couple of the summer signings prove to be an improvement.  

Ideally like to see Zdravkovski & Biereth get game time.  Midfield needs some steel and forward line needs an injection of pace. 

I can understand why he's saying this but the fact that we can see him giving 2 year deals to the likes of Wilkinson, Paton and Bair undermines the argument he's making (to put it politely).

Stevie Hammell's managerial career was over when he signed Moult and Arrons. All he needed was one decent attacker to help KVV and he would have made it through the season. Kettlewell has had a lot more leeway in the transfer market but if he doesn't produce any signings who can make an impact in the final third it'll be back to youth coaching just like Hammell. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Mebbes we should wait and see?

And where's the fun in that? Football is all about guessing how someone will do, speculating who we'll sign, discussing the attributes of a new player.

If we all just "wait and see" we'd be as well closing the forum down and all going home.

8 hours ago, David said:

And where's the fun in that? Football is all about guessing how someone will do, speculating who we'll sign, discussing the attributes of a new player.

If we all just "wait and see" we'd be as well closing the forum down and all going home.

Theres a difference between speculating and deciding its all doom and gloom. You used to he one of the more balanced posters on here but this season, for some reason,  you have decided that Kettlewell has signed sub standard players and we look to be in trouble.

Thats fine and its your perogative. I just find it strange as you are normally the one telling everyone to cool their jets and give the manager time.

You could well be right in respect of this seasons signings, and I will put my hands up as being the happiest of clappers, but forgive me if I wait until September to decide if Bair, Wilkinson, Souare et al are  any good or not.

More than happy to offer opinion and debate their progress though, just so we have something to talk about. 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, steelboy said:

Stevie Hammell's managerial career was over when he signed Moult and Arrons. All he needed was one decent attacker to help KVV and he would have made it through the season.

Sorry Steelboy but there was a lot more wrong with Hammell's reign than that and I mean a lot more. A catastrophic appointment and I don't use those words lightly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Theres a difference between speculating and deciding its all doom and gloom. You used to he one of the more balanced posters on here but this season, for some reason,  you have decided that Kettlewell has signed sub standard players and we look to be in trouble.

Thats fine and its your perogative. I just find it strange as you are normally the one telling everyone to cool their jets and give the manager time.

You could well be right in respect of this seasons signings, and I will put my hands up as being the happiest of clappers, but forgive me if I wait until September to decide if Bair, Wilkinson, Souare et al are  any good or not.

More than happy to offer opinion and debate their progress though, just so we have something to talk about. 😉

Well, I think I've been quite fair in highlighting the reasoning behind my thinking. It's not like I'm just posting, "he's shite! Terrible signing!" and other such nonsense we see from other forum members. 

I've given my reasons, and you and others can feel free to disagree, of course. At this stage, it's all just conjecture, as I've said a few times. 

And at no point have I said the manager doesn't deserve time. But that doesn't mean I need to sit silent and wait until we're at the end of next month before making a comment.

I've said that I'm judging the signings on their track records to this point, which is what fans of all clubs all over the world do. It's not something new or unreasonable.

I don't particularly like the sound of how the manager wants to set us up, and I'm not overly keen on our signings to this point for the most part. 

The difference between me and certain other posters is that I will take absolutely zero pleasure in being right about that if it comes to pass. I want the team to succeed, and for Theo Bair to be a resounding success. Why wouldn't I?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Sorry Steelboy but there was a lot more wrong with Hammell's reign than that and I mean a lot more. A catastrophic appointment and I don't use those words lightly.

Yep, the more I look back at the appointment the worse it gets.

Those two signings were definitely up there though, particularly because he openly said we didn't expect Moult to start often.

• David locked this topic