2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

50 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Who is he going to link up with?

If Fletcher signs he'll be our top scoring striker but it might still be single digits.

With midfielders (like Paton today) supporting from midfield and arriving late  and (who knows?) Bair might even  benefit from SF's presence. The latter's  not the ideal striker by any means but at this stage in the window and given the unexpected  injury to Biereth and Wilkinson, etc. he offers some composure and a range of passing which seem missing in Bair, Efford and Wilkinson at the moment.

None of this is ideal but we're rapidly  running out of options. If you can suggest an out-and-out striker who's available within our wage bracket then I'm sure SK would like to know about him.

6 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Be interesting to see if both McGinley and Efford both find other clubs either as perm or loanees before the window shuts.

I'm hoping for a bit of business before the window closes. It would benefit both parties if McGinley and Efford were to move on. On top of that we need at least one striker, probably two, if only on 6 month deals to tide us over until injured parties return. A left wing back and maybe another midfielder. 

A long wish list I know and probably totally unrealistic.

6 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Was hoping to see some news on here today after some of the seemingly confident predictions over the weekend. Still a few days left though. 

Bair and Biereth were both predicted a good week before they were announced, so hopefully still time to get things done before the window SLAMS shut! 😉

58 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Bair and Biereth were both predicted a good week before they were announced, so hopefully still time to get things done before the window SLAMS shut! 😉

And if SK's war chest is empty there may still be options in play with free agents after the official slamming.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, joewarkfanclub said:

Lamie off to Dundee on a seasons loan.

Given that it has pretty much been one out, one in, hopefully that means our mystery striker can be announced now!

Dundee have Shaughnessy, Ashcroft and McGhee there so I'm not even sure he'll get first team football.  They also have the Mexican Portales who was ironically injured against us.

Personally think we still need 3/4 more in

Could do with an experienced Cb to play in the middle of the back 3.

Need a Lwb to bring an natural balance to the team. Would take Penney who is a free agent atm.

Still don't have a defensive midfielder.

We also need another St considering we have about 2 available not including youth players,

To add on to the above a couple of the free agents I'd be looking at

Matt Penney-Lwb

Paul Osew-Lwb

Jack Fitzwater-Cb

Ben Heneghan-Cb

Luke Amos-defensive mid

Dominic Gape- Defensive mid

Cameron Mcgeehan- Centre-mid

Steven Fletcher-ST

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas-St

Mckinstry also still available if he wants something different shape wise

That's just a quick list of players who are available who ive watched before and thought were decent no idea what sort of wage some would want but all have a decent no of senior apps at a decent level

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Penney would fit this new system perfectly, get him signed!

Penney hated it here. He couldnt get back down the road quick enough. Cant imagine he would be in any hurry to return, change of manager or not......

2 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas-St

Nope. I'm vetoing this one. No fucking way are we having a guy who thinks it's alright and cool to have JET on the back of his shirt. It's his initials? You trying to tell me if his first name had been Paul, he'd have had PET on the back of his shirt? On good taste grounds, this one is a hard no from me...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Zdravkovski is a defensive mid, and Butcher is too if SK wants to play him there once he's fit.

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we see more than 2 new faces, and be happy if one of them is a decent striker.

He clearly prefers butcher as the CCB in the 3 and Zdravkoski looks like more of a box to box for me on the small sample size we've seen of him 

The St signing is the priority for me but we definitely need the other 3 positions as well the boy Spencer looked ok as a Lwb but wanted to come inside too much for me would prefer a left footer in that position.

The Cb also would be quite important because I don't know about you but Mugabi never fills me with confidence and Paul Mcginn can get bullied in certain games so a more physical centre-back with experience wouldn't go a miss for me.

IF Fitzwater would come I think he'd be an excellent signing. Fletcher and Penney seem like 2 deals that can be done. On the midfielder front not really sure who we can get but I'd definitely like to strengthen there aswell.

I'd ideally move Mcginley on. Keep Efford till Jan and move him on then.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Penney hated it here. He couldnt get back down the road quick enough. Cant imagine he would be in any hurry to return, change of manager or not......

Did he? I just assumed he didn't want to come back because the team were playing awful.

• David locked this topic