35 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

So with that our squad for the season is

Kelly/Oxborough/Connelly

SOD/Spencer     Mcginn/Mugabi/Butcher/Casey/Blaney    Gent/Souare/Wilson

Miller/Zdrowski/Slattery/Paton/Spittal

Wilkinson/Bireth/Efford/Obika/Shaw

Where do you think we'll finish?

I'll be optimistic and say 6th

Really difficult to say where we'll finish the season.  Some very decent youngsters and a bit of quality throughout. 

The younger players are likely to be inconsistent but feeling more optimistic at the and of the window than the start. 

Happy to be anywhere better than 8th and hope to see a hard working team who can push on and do at least 1 better than last season.

Would love to see us humping Hearts - that's always good and I can't stand Naismith. 'Mon the Well. 

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Pretty sure I used to watch Georgie Gent on the Saturday afternoon World of Sport wrestling in the 1970's.

(Or maybe he was the sophisticated con artist in The Persuaders).

I googled Georgie Gent earlier and clicked on the Wikipedia link that popped up and thought "good signing!"

20 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I suspect they were willing to pay him what he wanted. I'm glad we weren't if it's anything like what he was on at Dundee United...

Plus he'll get his man-bun on the telly more often at Wrexham.

I wonder if we're still looking around at strikers in the free-agent market.

10 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I suspect they were willing to pay him what he wanted. I'm glad we weren't if it's anything like what he was on at Dundee United...

That’s obviously why we didn’t sign him. Clearly when he said on Open Goal that he was holding out for a move that gave him a “buzz” he meant he hadn’t found a club at that point that were prepared to pay him handsomely. And now he has.

15 minutes ago, MJC said:

That’s obviously why we didn’t sign him. Clearly when he said on Open Goal that he was holding out for a move that gave him a “buzz” he meant he hadn’t found a club at that point that were prepared to pay him handsomely. And now he has.

Money aside, I’d wager their failure to register the signing of their main target from Harrogate Town prompted the move.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2023/september/statement--luke-armstrong-sept-06/

• Like 2

• David locked this topic