2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I wonder if that's because Thistle don't fancy him or SK thinks we need him.

The former I think. He never got much game time and his loan deal expired. I can't see him being used by us. Another short term loan or mutualled?

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

The former I think. He never got much game time and his loan deal expired. I can't see him being used by us. Another short term loan or mutualled?

He was out injured for most of his Firhill spell. I think he still might be. 

8 minutes ago, pretzel said:

He was out injured for most of his Firhill spell. I think he still might be. 

He's deadwood surplus to requirements and should be following Souare out the door the same applies to McGuire if he comes back. I hope the club is putting in a big effort to get rid of the shite this transfer window to free up some cash to hopefully bring in some better players.

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

He's deadwood surplus to requirements and should be following Souare out the door the same applies to McGuire if he comes back. I hope the club is putting in a big effort to get rid of the shite this transfer window to free up some cash to hopefully bring in some better players.

Exactly,we did a good job of getting rid of a lot of dross in the summer and we need the same again this month,we cant have the likes of mcginley and maguire coming back picking up a wage for doing nothing.

On 12/31/2023 at 11:08 AM, Kmcalpin said:

I'd like to see the midfield and defence bolstered but it all depends on who is available of course.

Depending on who's available on the market I wouldn't be against holding onto Maguire as an option. He's not perfect by any stretch, but I'd rather have him than another nobody from down south on a six-month deal.

5 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Say anything you want about the SK regime, but his aptitude for moving players on when they aren't working out is very impressive. He's the reverse Gannon.

He was good in the previous window at moving on shite signed by other managers, so let's see how good he is at moving on the shite he signed in that same window. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Say anything you want about the SK regime, but his aptitude for moving players on when they aren't working out is very impressive. He's the reverse Gannon.

I'll agree if he can get shot of Paton. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Depending on who's available on the market I wouldn't be against holding onto Maguire as an option. He's not perfect by any stretch, but I'd rather have him than another nobody from down south on a six-month deal.

Maguire is a nobody from down south that we just happen to know. If we aren't looking for/can't get better than him, we're in trouble.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

If McGinlay and Maguire played for us earlier in the season and then their loan clubs, they can’t play for anyone else.

Maguire has minutes for us this season, not so sure about McGinley.

Maguire on the bench instead of one of the weans that's never getting on isn't terrible at least.

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Not sure we need him right now if we still have Gent or are we signing Furlong on a permanent basis? 

Gent could go into a front 3 where Shaw played on Saturday and Furlong goes in at left back. 

• David locked this topic