2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Hopefully it's just a case of he's away back to arsenal to keep ticking over and they can have a look at him during the break up here and there's not something more sinister going on.with the nick our squad is in right now the last thing we need is to be losing someone that's been our best player so far this season.

14 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Who's alleging he's going to Hibs?

Some Hibs fan on Pie & Bovril as far as I can make out.....

• Like 1

Alan Nixon, football writer for critically acclaimed newspaper The Sun... 😅 has linked Motherwell, Dundee and St. Mirren with interest in bringing Curtis Main back to Scotland. If true, I would be in the "thanks, but no thanks" category, but given the paper he works for, I'm inclined to think this may be another instance of lazy journalism.

1 hour ago, mothman said:

Alan Nixon, football writer for critically acclaimed newspaper The Sun... 😅 has linked Motherwell, Dundee and St. Mirren with interest in bringing Curtis Main back to Scotland. If true, I would be in the "thanks, but no thanks" category, but given the paper he works for, I'm inclined to think this may be another instance of lazy journalism.

Not the worst...

We should not be looking to sign a player with a worse goal-per-game ratio than the player we just moved on for being shite. 

Main (71 in 434) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/curtis-main/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/77715

Wilkinson (72 in 328) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-wilkinson/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/228791

7 minutes ago, wellfan said:

We should not be looking to sign a player with a worse goal-per-game ratio than the player we just moved on for being shite. 

Main (71 in 434) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/curtis-main/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/77715

Wilkinson (72 in 328) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-wilkinson/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/228791

Fair dues but having seen both of them play , I'd have Main first all day

You're presuming also Wilko was punted , he may have wanted a move away.

Main is a hard working, no nonsense, get stuck in player.  Could be a great combo for someone like Biereth and IMO is better than we have. 

BUT

He's not a goal scorer.  For that reason I'd rather we focus on sorting other areas of the park , starting with midfield which is woefully light in both numbers and quality . 

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Main is a hard working, no nonsense, get stuck in player.  Could be a great combo for someone like Biereth and IMO is better than we have. 

BUT

He's not a goal scorer.  For that reason I'd rather we focus on sorting other areas of the park , starting with midfield which is woefully light in both numbers and quality . 

if he would be a good combo for biereth                  is main also signing for hibs    :):):):)

3 minutes ago, smiddy said:

if he would be a good combo for biereth                  is main also signing for hibs    :):):):)

Biereth is on a season loan with us. I thought he was back training with the Gunners due to us having a short break

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2024/01/06/mika-biereth-trains-with-arsenal-first-team-ejeheri-and-bandeira-involved/

I liked Curtis Main. Hard working no nonsense front man, but not a goalscorer. For me there's no doubt he would be an upgrade on Obika, Bair & Shaw. But not so much so that we should be looking to bring him back. Unless we were moving one of the others on of course.

We need to target our resources at the weak areas of the team which is clearly Midfield, RWB and potentially LWB and CB depending on other ins an outs.

17 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Biereth is on a season loan with us. I thought he was back training with the Gunners due to us having a short break

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2024/01/06/mika-biereth-trains-with-arsenal-first-team-ejeheri-and-bandeira-involved/

The Gunners have a bit of a record for recalling on loan players from one club then putting them out on loan again to another.

Hopefully our season loan deal is watertight with no recall option.

5 minutes ago, santheman said:

The Gunners have a bit of a record for recalling on loan players from one club then putting them out on loan again to another.

Hopefully our season loan deal is watertight with no recall option.

Yeah in recent times they loaned a guy to Ross County recalled him and sent him to Hibs only to recall him early into the arranged loan to sell him. 

Hopefully as nothing has been mentioned its just a case of Arsenal having a look at him over the winter break. Three clubs in England recalled their players on New Year's Day least we had the decency to alert Huddersfield that Spencer will serve his suspension if they held off a day. 

When Mika was injured he returned to Arsenal for a sizeable amount of time to get back up to speed but obviously that's generally the norm with loan players. 

2 hours ago, mothman said:

Me too he's pish.

29 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Yeah in recent times they loaned a guy to Ross County recalled him and sent him to Hibs only to recall him early into the arranged loan to sell him. 

Hopefully as nothing has been mentioned its just a case of Arsenal having a look at him over the winter break. Three clubs in England recalled their players on New Year's Day least we had the decency to alert Huddersfield that Spencer will serve his suspension if they held off a day. 

When Mika was injured he returned to Arsenal for a sizeable amount of time to get back up to speed but obviously that's generally the norm with loan players. 

I see Spencer is playing against Man City today.  Good luck to the fella, wasn't the worst

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

yes but arsenal have previous for recalling loans in the window ( there porogative ) then sendind them else where to further there development

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Main is a far better option than Obika. 

Yes.  However this may just be paper talk or his agent trying to stir up an auction.

If it is genuine, then yes, he's a better target man than Obika. However, as things stand, we have greater needs elsewhere to strengthen. If Obika is shipped out then maybe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steelboy said:

Main is a far better option than Obika. 

why dont we sellotape    main obika and shaw together  then weve got a semi decent striker,    also heard today of of a pal of gents   that biereith just just back at arsenal for training and assesment purposes they seem happy with his game time

21 minutes ago, smiddy said:

why dont we sellotape    main obika and shaw together  then weve got a semi decent striker,   

Nah we’ve had that option he was called Wilkinson it didn't work.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:54 AM, twistandshout1983 said:

Definitely don’t think bringing Curtis Main back would be a good idea

Celtic fans already wrecked seats in the South Stand.  Can we really afford to replace more with his shooting?

• Haha 1

• David locked this topic