Motherwell v Dundee United 15/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

As always with Well fans we always go into each game with the fear. Utd will be battling for survival but I would rather focus on ourselves and the great run of form....16 pts out of 21 and a team full of belief and confidence.

Prediction.  2-1 utd 🤪🤪🤪

Only joking, hopefully another fine Well win on to quote Bill Withers, a lovely dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  A lovely dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

As always with Well fans we always go into each game with the fear. Utd will be battling for survival but I would rather focus on ourselves and the great run of form....16 pts out of 21 and a team full of belief and confidence.

Prediction.  2-1 utd 🤪🤪🤪

Only joking, hopefully another fine Well win on to quote Bill Withers, a lovely dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  A lovely dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Agreed. United will be well up for this one, these are the kind of games they'll need to get a result from if they're going to get out the bottom 2.

Having said that, we're on great form, we're playing well and scoring lots of goals. We've got momentum and a positive mindset, they'll be playing with fear. I'm going for a 3-2 'Well win.

Who knows, we might go to parkhead next week with a half decent chance of getting top 6! 

Edited by BigManTam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I'll be looking out for your cheerful posts if we get a draw today.

I hope I’m cheerful later on too.

You want me to take some photos of inside Fir Park for you? Seeing as you’ve probably forgotten what it looks like.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

A draw suppose ok but I am greedy and want to continue the being happy on a Saturday evening routine. No doubt a draw or defeat and some will say "Aye Kettlewell...the bubble has burst" lol.   COYW 

The bubble won’t necessarily be burst if we lose today, we still have a decent gap between ourselves and the bottom sides but it will certainly make things more uncomfortable for us going into the split.

It just feels like one of those days when it feels set up for us to do well and it doesn’t happen.

- We’re on a good run

- We are playing the bottom side at home

- We could all but cement Premiership safety with a win….

”We’ll be singing, when we’re winning”

26 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

If Hibs hold on to their 1-0 lead to beat Hearts then our top 6 ambitions are over for this season so we can concentrate on securing safety before the split with a win today.

They did, so we can.

Not that we had a realistic chance of it anyway.

Hopefully we can pile on the misery today for Goodwin and Co, it's been great to enjoy the footy for the past month or so. I think we will pump them but I'll take the three points anyway we can get them. 

Hopefully shoot on sight is the instruction with that goalie they have. 

13 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Great to see butcher make it, I wouldn't have started Mandron but hopefully a player there and just needs games. I would have started Aitchison though 

What little I’ve seen of Aitchison, I thought he might turn out to be a good player for us.