Motherwell v Dundee United 15/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 4/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, MJC said:

Have a bad feeling about this one.

0-2

Thank you. 

On 4/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, MJC said:

Us winning this Saturday would all but guarantee safety and give us a fair cushion over the danger zone, but that would just be too simple for us and we never do it the easy way.

Called it.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, Yassin said:

We are 100% safe.

No we aren’t.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Bit disappointed to lose this but in no way surprised. A typical United game and result. I think they have our measure. The table looks as though its now sorting itself out and no way will United go down.  They'll take points off the other bottom 6 teams having won 2 on the bounce. We should go into the post split fixtures 7 points above the play off spot and thats great. 8th spot is ours to lose, unless the sun hats and beach balls come out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Bit disappointed to lose this but in no way surprised. A typical United game and result. I think they have our measure. The table looks as though its now sorting itself out and no way will United go down.  They'll take points off the other bottom 6 teams having won 2 on the bounce. We should go into the post split fixtures 7 points above the play off spot and thats great. 8th spot is ours to lose, unless the sun hats and beach balls come out. 

They are pish. 

It's 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat this season and in all three games we have missed easy chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Barring a ridiculous capitulation we should be able to avoid the drop. We should have home games against Ross County and Killie after the split which should give us a good chance of picking up points but we need to make sure we get them. 

I reckon one more win should be enough.

Very frustrating game.

Dundee Utd's second half performance probably shaded the game for them but we had so many chances to end the match 2-0 and didn't take any of them.

Was impossible to say if our disallowed goal was good from my position in the stands, thought the first penalty probably was one although Fletcher is absolutely looking for it.

Didn't play badly but we were down a level on recent performances.

• Like 1

Just now, steelboy said:

They are pish. 

It's 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat this season and in all three games we have missed easy chances.

They are a poor side but they definitely have our number. Yes we have created and missed several chances against them but they know how to nullify us.

• Like 1

The frustrating fine margins of a game. If Van Veen buried his chance you feel that we would have won that comfortably. Even Furlong passed up a great chance, if only the young chap had more composure. Their keeper had a habit of dropping crosses to his feet it was annoying that we didn't pick up on that.

Whats the script on the penalty incident, I thought the second looked much of muchness, a point Kelly seemed to be suggesting to Nick Walsh. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Considering how shite his team mates are it's a minor miracle. 

We've won 5 of our last 8 games fs. Beating both Edinburgh sides and high flying St Mirren. Every team needs a maverick and we have one in VV but be under no illusion, performances in the last 8 games have been a team effort. You've got to be trolling now. Away to your bed .

• Like 1

Well, Today was a very dissapointing day. Wasent aware Hibs had won until just before we kicked off, Livi also won today so the chances of a top 6 miracle were instantly over 💔 As for todays game why did we go into 'park the bus' mode after going 1-0 up, Very frustrating. Not only did it get us nowhere its boring asf to watch too. Wouldnt say we are out of the danger zone just yet, Only 9 pts ahead of Rossco and we have celtic next week 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I've supported Motherwell long enough to think its quite easy for us to go into the split 5 points off the play off place. We will defo lose to Celtic if the other three lose their games I'd quite happily think we are safe we'd only need one win in the last 5 to realistically be safe.

We've played 17 games at home so if I recall they try to ensure everyone has 19 home games, we would therefore be at home to Kilmarnock and Ross County and away to the other 3, if Livingston remain in the bottom 6. Still some stressful games to come. 

3 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Well, Today was a very dissapointing day. Wasent aware Hibs had won until just before we kicked off, Livi also won today so the chances of a top 6 miracle were instantly over 💔 As for todays game why did we go into 'park the bus' mode after going 1-0 up, Very frustrating. Not only did it get us nowhere its boring asf to watch too. Wouldnt say we are out of the danger zone just yet, Only 9 pts ahead of Rossco and we have celtic next week 🙄

We’re definitely not out of danger yet but it is still in our hands. I think we all know that next Saturday against Celtic is a defeat (I know, Jamie Dolan, Kevin Twaddle, Bob Malcom, we managed it 20 odd years ago etc. etc. etc) so we will be going into the split on the same points as we are just now. Obviously the way the fixtures are set out may well determine when/if we are safe, but we need to make sure that we ensure our safety as soon as we possibly can, so if our first fixture after the split is at home to Ross County or Kilmarnock then that is a big chance to secure it.

In last 8 games it's W5 D1 L2. We were due a bad one so let's not all go in panic mode. We will be safe this season , our goal difference is like an extra point. Kettlewell been on the ball but did get few things wrong today. Utd defence so slow so Mandron not much use against them. Aitchison should have been on earlier, and why deano came off but Spittal stayed on is beyond me. I have defended Spittal a lot but he was honking today.

But it's only one defeat so let's not all get negative, we will be fine and I am sure kettlewell will address the issues.....COYW