Motherwell v Kilmarnock 06/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 4/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, MJC said:

If we win this we’ll be safe. We can win but it won’t be easy.

1-1 and a frustrating day is my prediction. 

12 hours ago, MJC said:

Another frustrating day at home as the nerves build.

1-2 defeat.

Are you just pulling random predictions from your misery generator app now?

• Haha 2

Looking forward to this one. Been a few weeks since Ive been at a game and Killie will probably bring a decent support up for this. There must be a fair bit of confidence about the squad, particularly with KVV in such good form. As long as we keep the performance level up we should win this one. However, if drop it even 10% we could end up like St Mirren. We need to guard against that and make sure it doesnt happen.

1-1?

We're on a very good run of form and Killie will have their tails up after Paisley and be fired up to boot. We haven't bested them in 3 attempts so far this season and another close game is in prospect. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world for us against a team 6 points below us and running out of games, but it won't suit Killie.

11 hours ago, MJC said:

Another frustrating day at home as the nerves build.

1-2 defeat.

Why the fe** do you support Motherwell? Gloom n fecking doom every week, I know we can be shite, but equally we are Motherwell so we do win the odd game…but you and your negativity drag the team down every time you post, take a happy pill mate..please!!
The difference under the kettle is chalk n cheese compared to the shite served up with Hammy, most of us have lightened up but you?….take that pill for fe** sake

finish the season on a high…

• Haha 1

I can see why it's not a cut and dry victory for many of our fans.  We've not beaten them this season and previous seasons is pretty nip/tuck.   Kilmarnock have put some decent points together in recent weeks, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that we turn up and win.

A victory would give us further breathing space. Would personally be happy with a draw.   

2 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Why the fe** do you support Motherwell? Gloom n fecking doom every week, I know we can be shite, but equally we are Motherwell so we do win the odd game…but you and your negativity drag the team down every time you post

Don't have the inside scoop on this but hardly think that MJC's posts affect the team greatly.

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Don't have the inside scoop on this but hardly think that MJC's posts affect the team greatly.

Got to agree, and given that every season we have a spell where he has us 'definitley relegated', and its not happened then fair enough, he can post to his hearts content

7 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Got to agree, and given that every season we have a spell where he has us 'definitley relegated', and its not happened then fair enough, he can post to his hearts content

to be fair   he was nearly right this year :D

19 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Looking forward to this one. Been a few weeks since Ive been at a game and Killie will probably bring a decent support up for this

I'd expect us to pretty much fill the bottom tier. 

Sales looks decent enough so far but like most my mates, i'm not in any rush to buy mine. Big enough stand!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Why the fe** do you support Motherwell? Gloom n fecking doom every week, I know we can be shite, but equally we are Motherwell so we do win the odd game…but you and your negativity drag the team down every time you post, take a happy pill mate..please!!
The difference under the kettle is chalk n cheese compared to the shite served up with Hammy, most of us have lightened up but you?….take that pill for fe** sake

finish the season on a high…

I’m a supporter, not a cheerleader. I don’t support the club/team based on whether we can or I think we can win every week.

We are almost safe. Almost, but not quite just yet and a win on Saturday would all but put it beyond doubt. But then the same could have been said for the Dundee Utd home game a few weeks back and look how that turned out.

Saturday will be tough and predicting us to lose is no more or no less wild than the posts predicting 3-0 and 5-1 home wins.

It will be tight and it could go either way but us being us we will make things hard for ourselves.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd expect us to pretty much fill the bottom tier. 

Sales looks decent enough so far but like most my mates, i'm not in any rush to buy mine. Big enough stand!

If you fill the bottom tier thats still a fair effort.

Should be a good atmoshpere!

16 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

On our form we should be confident but I do have fear as we have a horrible habit of making a hash of key games. However a point I still feel isn't a disaster

Against a team we haven’t managed to beat in three attempts this season there has to be a degree of doubt or ‘fear’ going into this one. Killie, like Utd will be coming into this one on the back of a massive win and their need to win is greater than ours given the league positions. They will be well up for this one and we need to be too, otherwise we’ll get beat.

A point wouldn’t be a disaster but it’s the best we will get imo.