Motherwell v St Mirren 16/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

18 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Assuming everyone injured remains so, and McGinn is suspended, I would go.......

Oxborough

Spencer SOD Bevis Casey Gent

Davor

Slattery   Miller  Paton

Bair

Not the worst looking team and with more dynamism feom the fullback areas we should give St Mirren a different problem to solve than last time out. Our big issue is off the bench there wont be much left to change it up other than Shaw for Bair or a midfielder. Hopefully Spittal will make it as he is our most important player so far this season.

Agree with you totally if the injured players don't make it.  Same formation but different personnel. Be interesting to see Davor, needs time to settle into squad, guy is in international squad so can't be that bad 

Given the injuries/suspension list then we’ll be doing well to get a point tomorrow. That said since SK has been in charge he has shown that he is capable of getting the very best out of the players he has available so you never know.

I stand by my 2-2 prediction.

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The guy was rotten the last time against St Mirren. It would probably give them a boost to see him starting.

If Spittal is injured then two up top with Shaw and Bair.

He had been here 3 weeks and it was his first start. I would have stuck with Miller, so that decision was on SK not Davor. If we dont throw him in now in the middle of an injury crisis, when do we?

Bair has also shown he copes better up top on his own than he does when he has a playing partner. He just needs to worry about his own game then.

I certainly wouldnt argue with playing Shaw up top on his own, but dont think Bair has done too much wrong to be dropped.

Bair certainly puts in a lot of work but because of that I think he should have been subd earlier as he seemed, not surprisingly, to tire. So I think he starts and wears them down a bit for Shaw to come on with fresh legs and take advantage. However, I think it will depend on how the game is going what changes get made. Probably different plan depending on if we are winning or loosing and how nice is it to have a manager with different plans ready to deploy!!

We've had some really nice inter play but missing the last killer pass. Thought Slattery had the chance to get in front of the defender and get clean through, but he decided to pass instead. Bair has found a motherwell player with the majority of his flicks, which is nice too.

The whistle came at the right time, SOD was revving up to go through someone.

• Haha 1