Rangers v Motherwell 24/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Same story as last week basically.

Yet again our glaring weaknesses up front and poor summer transfer business is haunting us. 

How can you legislate for our outstanding forward signing getting crocked for 3months after his second game . I would rally like to know what your thinking. Hindsight is a great thing that managers don’t have but all us forum members have in abundance.

1 minute ago, stv said:

How can you legislate for our outstanding forward signing getting crocked for 3months after his second game . I would rally like to know what your thinking. Hindsight is a great thing that managers don’t have but all us forum members have in abundance.

Firstly, do we know that Biereth is ‘outstanding’ as you put it? He’s not even played the total of a half of football for us yet. He does look the part on the very brief showings so far, that can’t be denied and losing him like we did was a hammer blow.

Secondly, we also signed Wilkinson who doesn’t have a track record of scoring goals, Obika who is 32 y/o and crocked and Bair who scored one goal for St.Johnstone last season. And Ollie Shaw whom the jury is still out of on.

So obviously there was a huge deal of bad luck with Biereth but the signings of Obika and Bair in particular were madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

Agreed - sadly he’s just not a goal scorer / player with instinct .

hard working and well intended but we need someone who can score 

Exactly this. 
I totally get how difficult it will be being the lone striker at ibrox but he’s there to do a job, hold up the ball and if he gets a chance at least try and take it. He’s not doing any of that. I really don’t see any major upgrade with Theo bair compared to Efford. Who I didn’t rate much either.

We now have shaw on now too. Oh well 

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Firstly, do we know that Biereth is ‘outstanding’ as you put it? He’s not even played the total of a half of football for us yet. He does look the part on the very brief showings so far, that can’t be denied and losing him like we did was a hammer blow.

Secondly, we also signed Wilkinson who doesn’t have a track record of scoring goals, Obika who is 32 y/o and crocked and Bair who scored one goal for St.Johnstone last season. And Ollie Shaw whom the jury is still out of on.

So obviously there was a huge deal of bad luck with Biereth but the signings of Obika and Bair in particular were madness.

👍