Rangers v Motherwell 24/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 9/20/2023 at 9:50 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

Our record against both Oldco and Newco is horrid with the exception of play off games and one cup game at Hampden

Sure after we drew 1-1 and 2-2 there couple of years back the games were both Sundays after they had played in Europe .  Here’s hoping 

They were yes, though those games won’t have any bearing on what happens this Sunday.

I do think though that this type of game is one that might, just might suit us and our style of play. We don’t have a recognised goalscorer but we do have a side that can frustrate teams who are better than us man for man. We saw that at Tynecastle the other week and we saw it at Celtic Park back in April, albeit with the advantage of having a proper striker on that occasion.

We say the same every time before these games but it’s vital that we don’t concede early here. The longer we frustrate them the better for us and the more their fans will get on their backs. I don’t see us not conceding but the longer we keep them out the better, and if we can get ourselves in front even better still.

Or we could just do our usual and get pumped 3-0.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I’ve reached the stage where I try not to get my hopes up and keep fingers crossed we don’t get embarrassed. Quite a few time we seem to handle them pretty well but then waste all the hard work with a silly mistake or the Ref decides to help them out 

My thoughts as well, it's been that long since we had a league win against them anything we get is a bonus, as usual heart says decent result and no defeat, head says a pumping one of these day's the heart will win.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:35 PM, MJC said:

They were yes, though those games won’t have any bearing on what happens this Sunday.

I do think though that this type of game is one that might, just might suit us and our style of play. We don’t have a recognised goalscorer but we do have a side that can frustrate teams who are better than us man for man. We saw that at Tynecastle the other week and we saw it at Celtic Park back in April, albeit with the advantage of having a proper striker on that occasion.

We say the same every time before these games but it’s vital that we don’t concede early here. The longer we frustrate them the better for us and the more their fans will get on their backs. I don’t see us not conceding but the longer we keep them out the better, and if we can get ourselves in front even better still.

Or we could just do our usual and get pumped 3-0.

You are right what you are saying

I do feel more confident playing away from home recently with the current Well team and results back that up

If we avoid losing early goal or two it will be a good thing.  Best chance of a result tomorrow is if it 0-0 half time .  The Ibrox fans will turn against the players if they don’t get a few goals against a diddy side like the Well in their mindset 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Very decent and shows the great job SK is doing.  I ain't confident tomorrow but I love in hope. A last minute Bair winner would just be awesome 

Saw Theo Bair in the cleaning products/bleach/toilet-roll area in Hamilton Sainsbury's yesterday so select whatever metaphor you wish. Will he be flushed with success by 1650 tomorrow?

As regards tomorrow's result, if anyone can, Kettlewell can.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Saw Theo Bair in the cleaning products/bleach/toilet-roll area in Hamilton Sainsbury's yesterday so select whatever metaphor you wish. Will he be flushed with success by 1650 tomorrow?

I was actually in Sainsbury's yesterday also but never noticed him, he must have been gone in a Flash!!! 😜😜

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Here's hoping for a clean slate :P

• Haha 1