Motherwell v Celtic 30/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

Again a hard luck story but this one is even harder to take. Dreadful defending for the winner at the death there.

If you've got a shitebag keeper who won't come off his line you have no chance.

The first one he does his old trick of dropping onto his knees before the ball is anywhere near him. Second one he just hid. Pathetic from a supposed captain.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Easier to take than defeats against Sevco and St Mirren though. We blew it simple as.

It was actually a very good team performance but we can’t defend and we can’t score goals. That’s why we lost.

Just now, Chanzeypopz said:

This is the worst Celtic and Rangers have been in years, If ever there was a time to beat them in was now. Will most likely go back to losing 3/4 - 0 next time round.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t see us beating either of them ever again.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The first one he does his old trick of dropping onto his knees before the ball is anywhere near him. Second one he just hid. Pathetic from a supposed captain.

His defence didn’t help him whatsoever with the winner in fairness. O’Riley just ran straight off his marker unchallenged for that tap in. Kelly had a superb save from point range at 0-0.

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Have a look at yourself and stop posting pathetic shite, Kelly had a brilliant save at 0-0, point blank range from the header, their 1st goal was mugabi's fault he left it, and the 2nd had feck all to do with Kelly either so stop talking shite I know it's difficult for you but make an effort.

• Like 1

Like us all, gutted we didn't take something, particularly when we thought we'd rescued a point. 

As much as it hurts there's plenty to be proud of and all the team & management deserve credit for their efforts.  These are games that we basically shipped +4 goals in the past. As hard as it is, we're at least competing. 

However that's 3 games in a row that we've played to our max and taken hee haw.  It's key to grind out results and put some points back on the board .  Don't want confidence to drop. 

12 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Also, how many mins were added? I thought it was 5 and they score on 96.50?

Taylor was down injured and they obviously added time on for our equaliser.

That said Collum was his usual pedantic match ruining self yet again today. It’s like he always has to make it all about him.

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

It was actually a very good team performance but we can’t defend and we can’t score goals. That’s why we lost.

Don't fully agree. Yes, we all know we're toothless up front. However we usually defend well , but not today. That exposed right flank ought to have been sorted out well before half time and the midfield looked knackered with 20 minutes to go. Schoolboy defending and you can't get away with that at this level. Changes ought to have been made but were not.  We ran them close, so nothing to be ashamed of, but at the death we were well short. Onwards and upwards.

Rarely have I been more infuriated by a result.

I can only say what I saw at the match.

First of all don't let teams cross the ball into the box in the 97th minute

If you do everyone in that box needs to try and make a contact and everyone left it.

We've put in a really great performance today and then just thrown it away because we couldn't defend for 2 minutes.

Football simply doesn't exist for the rest of the weekend.  I am fucked off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Have a look at yourself and stop posting pathetic shite, Kelly had a brilliant save at 0-0, point blank range from the header, their 1st goal was mugabi's fault he left it, and the 2nd had feck all to do with Kelly either so stop talking shite I know it's difficult for you but make an effort.

The second one he only has to come off his line and catch it inside the 6 yard box. First one he watches it go right by him. 

He's a bottler which is why Clarke won't play him. A good goalie for us but any time the pressure is on he buckles. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Second goal was the air a while Kelly’s ball all the way 

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Don't fully agree. Yes, we all know we're toothless up front. However we usually defend well , but not today. That exposed right flank ought to have been sorted out well before half time and the midfield looked knackered with 20 minutes to go. Schoolboy defending and you can't get away with that at this level. Changes ought to have been made but were not.  We ran them close, so nothing to be ashamed of, but at the death we were well short. Onwards and upwards.

I thought we looked knackered from 70 minutes on and with their obvious superior fitness it was only a matter of time before they scored. Celtic have done this to numerous sides over the past few years (concede a late equaliser then run straight up the park and get a winner) so they obviously have that bit of quality and that play to the last whistle mentality so it wasn’t a complete surprise that they did it again today. That said it was dreadful defending for both goals especially the second.