Motherwell v Hearts 11/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

I honestly think Kettlewell has lost the plot how on earth he has Gent and Spencer sitting on the bench is utterly ridiculous.

If he hasn't worked out by now that Bair and Wilkinson on the pitch at the same time doesn't work then he should leave it will never ever work.

This has flashbacks of Hammell all over again and Kettlewell seems he has no answers.

Edited by Spit_It_Out
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Sorry but O'donnell. Bair and Wilkinson shoud be shown the door tonight they are not up to the quality required of a Premier League Team, The Kettle is well and truly off the boil and needs to take a long look at his own performance today 

How would you go about doing that, and who would you replace them with?

That’s the thing, we look like we are right back to where we were on the night we lost to Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup. Hopeless, directionless and resigned to defeat before the game even starts. 

“Flashbacks to Hammell” right enough. 

Except this time we have no one in the squad capable of going on a career defying goal scoring run like Van Veen did from February to May last season and no Max Johnson or James Furlong to let us move to a new lineup.

We are absolutely fucked, IMO. Relegation is looming and we have no answer.

Just now, MJC said:

That’s the thing, we look like we are right back to where we were on the night we lost to Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup. Hopeless, directionless and resigned to defeat before the game even starts. 

“Flashbacks to Hammell” right enough. 

Except this time we have no one in the squad capable of going on a career defying goal scoring run like Van Veen did from February to May last season and no Max Johnson or James Furlong to let us move to a new lineup.

We are absolutely fucked, IMO. Relegation is looming and we have no answer.

Biereth, Spencer and Gent. But we need to Play them and get the defense sorted again

• Like 1

I’m still convinced that we have core of decent players at the club. What we lack is a manager that knows how to organise and motivate them.

Why did Brodie and Dent not start today - both young fit guys who can play a bit.

And at least Obika can control a football and bring others into the game.

even at the end, where we were getting ball wide and some joy. He brings on Mugabi, and all we got after that was big punts to their defenders and no wide play. 

in hindsight, and something most on here called for we should have played two upfront, been more in their face from the start, with two pacey wingbacks and played through the midfield.

Hearts pressed us early doors, our defence bottled it and midfield hid, resulting in punts up the park for our strikers to chase and chase. 

Confidence is obviously low, but noone is taking any responsibility on the park. 

1 shot on target today and it was a penalty, I mean where to even begin here, As mentioned already i think Spencer and Gent are 2 of our better players atm and he isnt playing them for whatever reason  Would love to see us sort this out without having to punt Kettlewell but sadly i cant see it happening 🤷‍♀️ But hey at least Dundee absolutely destroyed the buddies to deny me £400 from todays cupon 

28 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Spencer, Gent, with Butcher into holding midfield, Mugabi back into defence. Slattery and Spittal pushed fwd to support Mika if Obika is fit them play him and Mika as a pair and drop whatever midfielder is not performing, spittal, paton or slattery.

Next

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Spencer, Gent, with Butcher into holding midfield, Mugabi back into defence. Slattery and Spittal pushed fwd to support Mika if Obika is fit them play him and Mika as a pair and drop whatever midfielder is not performing, spittal, paton or slattery.

Next

Next? You didn't answer either question. I'm not talking about the starting 11. You want those players out the door tonight. That means paying up the best part of 5 years worth of contracts to shift them, because they can't go anywhere else. And you think reducing our squad by 3 a couple of months before they can be replaced sounds like a good plan? 

30 minutes ago, stv said:

What a fukin roaster, enjoy the ride back to Edinburgh

Great contribution to the thread. 

Do you have any thoughts on the game?

Any thoughts on how we played today?

Any thoughts on our dismal performances and form for the last two and a bit months?

Any thoughts about how we can pick up our form??

Or would you just prefer to throw snidey abusive remarks about?

Worst first half of the season for me, the hole ground could see we were the wrong shape, brutal.

Second half slightly better but still not able to pass to our own players.

its a sad day when a sixteen stone and a guy about 36, press and out run our two first half imposter forwards.

Hearts were there for the taking today.   3 months ago our well drilled team would have won that game.

For the first 20 mins Hearts struggled to pass, find players and looked very weak at the back. 

BUT we made life very easy. Poor control from likes of Bair, Wilkinson and the atrocious inability of all team to make simple passes brought them into the game. 

Defensively we had no cover in the left back position.We allowed crosses to come in to the box without coming close to either the first or 2nd ball. 

I don't really blame the players, again set up far too narrow with a 4-3-3 that doesn't suit the players or the way we've been set up since Feb. 

We have become the gift that keeps giving and it's difficult to have any confidence that current regime will get back to basics and pick up points. 

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

I've no clue why he starts O'Donnell. Slow as a week in the jail and ineffective going forward. His attempted deliveries from a wide position are nothing short of garbage. Why we don't start with Spencer on the right and Gent in the left is a mystery to me. Another one is Kelly. Another poor performance. We need a 6 foot plus goalie that's going to dominate his 6 yarder at the very least and that can instill some confidence in his back line.

• Like 1

KInda saying the same things every week now which is worrying.

Failed to score a first half goal again, 11 out of 13 matches now.

Give up the initiative every match and only come into games in the last 15 minutes.

Just cannot keep a clean sheet.

Manager doesn't understand our strikers, despite bringing most of them in, and consistently plays the wrong formation.

Selecting O'Donnell is basically an act of sabotage.

35 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Next

I would seriously doubt that Butcher has the pace or tenacity required to play that role anymore. Probably why he's now played at centre half these days.

6 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I've no clue why he starts O'Donnell. Slow as a week in the jail and ineffective going forward. His attempted deliveries from a wide position are nothing short of garbage. Why we don't start with Spencer on the right and Gent in the left is a mystery to me. Another one is Kelly. Another poor performance. We need a 6 foot plus goalie that's going to dominate his 6 yarder at the very least and that can instill some confidence in his back line.

I've no objection to them getting dropped - I'm not sure why they were brought here in the first place/had their contract extended. It's the practicality of getting rid of them altogether in November I'm questioning.

40 minutes ago, MJC said:

Any thoughts on our dismal performances and form for the last two and a bit months?

and your finger must be sore banging on your keyboard with that angry answer 😁

47 minutes ago, MJC said:

The post of yours  the guy is replying to wasn't constructive either , a bit immature, if I am being polite.