2023/24 Scottish Cup

MJC

4th Round draw takes place tonight on Sportscene. 

We badly, badly could do with a Cup run to lift the mood around the club but with our luck with draws and poor form then it’s unlikely.

I fully expect us to be drawn away to another top flight side yet again, probably St.Mirren. Either that or Dundee Utd for Moult to score against us and knock us out. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Dundee United are already out. 

Yes they are, I see that now. Lost on pens to QoS yesterday.

Okay so we can’t draw Dundee United, but it’ll still be a shite draw for us, it almost always is.

3 hours ago, MJC said:

4th Round draw takes place tonight on Sportscene. 

We badly, badly could do with a Cup run to lift the mood around the club but with our luck with draws and poor form then it’s unlikely.

I fully expect us to be drawn away to another top flight side yet again, probably St.Mirren. Either that or Dundee Utd for Moult to score against us and knock us out. 

You really are a ray of sunshine on a dark dismal day.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

With my MJC hat on I hope it's not a repeat of 1995 league cup tie!! 🤪🤪

To be honest I’ve wanted to see us gub them ever since that tie. Their goalkeeper dancing about as if his arse was on fire when he saved the penalties still annoys me.

This is a tie we should win and anything less will be incompetence and unacceptable. That said you can never fully trust Motherwell to do the business against anyone in a Cup game.

40 minutes ago, MJC said:

To be honest I’ve wanted to see us gub them ever since that tie. Their goalkeeper dancing about as if his arse was on fire when he saved the penalties still annoys me.

This is a tie we should win and anything less will be incompetence and unacceptable. That said you can never fully trust Motherwell to do the business against anyone in a Cup game.

So close, like being on Ken Bruce's radio show.....one year oot

1 hour ago, Throughthelaces said:

First time I’ve been able to make a fourth round Scottish cup tie in years hope we give them a proper pasting . Really wanted to knock Airdrie out though 😫

Airdrie would have been a nightmare draw for us, home or away. They are always more up for it than we are and would more than likely turned us over. I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat St.Johnstone either.

Airdrie were wiped out of existence in 2002. 

In their current guise they are a renamed Clydebank that has basically nothing to do with our original local competition. 

I appreciate others might feel different about it, but for me newBankies don't even register as a rival. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Airdrie would have been a nightmare draw for us, home or away. They are always more up for it than we are and would more than likely turned us over. I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat St.Johnstone either.

Surely St Johnstone will dispose of them - I though Craig Levein was a really good manager?