Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Decision could have been made last night when they issued 'don't travel if you don't have to warning'. 

The decent thing is to call off the game and award us 3 points  :) 

All attention falls to the Livi game - a must win .  I know that term is used a lot but really do believe it's a must win for SK to retain his job and for the club to stop the rot. 

35 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yip, the correct decision but hours too late. Absolutely no consideration given for travelling fans.

Not just travelling fans, but fans in general, sadly - as the rescheduled 12pm kickoff on Christmas Eve also demonstrated, where both clubs objected to the change,

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Not just travelling fans, but fans in general, sadly - as the rescheduled 12pm kickoff on Christmas Eve also demonstrated, where both clubs objected to the change,

They actually seem to be coming up with initiatives to chase fans away, not attract them.

36 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It’s the same with all walks of life, the people with money and influence don’t give a toss about the average person, in this case the supporters. The sponsors and TV company are the big cash cows for the people running the game so they get to call the shots. And there is nothing that anyone can do about it because that’s just the way it is and how it will always be.

58 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Decision could have been made last night when they issued 'don't travel if you don't have to warning'. 

The decent thing is to call off the game and award us 3 points  :) 

All attention falls to the Livi game - a must win .  I know that term is used a lot but really do believe it's a must win for SK to retain his job and for the club to stop the rot. 

I’m very much in the keep SK camp but I think we have reached the stage where this game (Livi) decides his fate. He wins, he keeps his job, a draw or defeat then we need a change. I hope the players step up and deliver a convincing win for their gaffer. 

Burrows, with the support of Motherwell, contacted the SPFL requesting that the game be postponed given the weather and hazardous road conditions. Although Motherwell had travelled up this morning and the pitch was playable, all parties felt it was unfair asking both sets of fans to travel. Our lords and masters sat on a decision for hours and only gave their agreement when photographs of the road conditions were placed online.

By not travelling down, County short circuited the process and well done to them for that. Would not surprise me if they receive a yellow card for their cheek.

Boards across Scotland should be asking questions of Doncaster and his pals, but I bet they don't.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Good result for us. Saints don't pull away and Livi only gain a single point. 

Great result for us, keeps Livi at arms length, and gives us the opportunity to go 7 clear of them at the weekend.

Added bonus that we could also move above Saints and Ross County (assuming they lose at Tynecastle).

Over to us to please actually win a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

And Livi still struggling to score any goals.

dont worry bout that MD  3 mins in on sat n we will gift the big ( coloured guy at the back that wears the head band sorry dont know his name bit iv been told off bout this before :) )  an easy unmarked header just to give them a start

• Haha 1