Hibernian v Motherwell 02/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

12 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Our problem started because we fannied about at a corner in the 90th minute. You just knew we'd give Hibs the ball straight back. We did it all game our possession play was abysmal. If we can't keep possession for more that 10 seconds we will always give the opposition a lifeline. Dreadful game management.

One man's fannying about at a corner is another man's defending in the opposition's half. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to try at that point in the game, we just made an arse of it.

2 minutes ago, numpty said:

One man's fannying about at a corner is another man's defending in the opposition's half. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to try at that point in the game, we just made an arse of it.

I wasn't suggesting we shouldn't do it . My point was it was so predictable we'd make a cunt of it and  we'd give them the ball back as we did the entire game.

6 minutes ago, well_said said:

I can't remember what game it was (might have been rangers ) but O Donnell done the same to davor for giving the ball away. Pot, kettle, black in my opinion.

Yeah, it was Rangers. He expected Davor to go for the ball, he didn't, O'Donnell brought the guy down and got booked. He did calm down after about 10 secs.

44 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I wasn't suggesting we shouldn't do it . My point was it was so predictable we'd make a cunt of it and  we'd give them the ball back as we did the entire game.

I’m not sure why they try To hold the ball on the line. Just hammer it off the defender full pelt for another corner and repeat. Also after they get skelped with the ball the first time they are a bit more hesitant the next time. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not Callum Slattery's biggest fan. He's talented but his form has tailed off. But, I thinks it's unfair to judge him too harshly when he's being played out of position. 

We played half the team out of position today

9 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

We played half the team out of position today

Very true. In fairness we were down to the bare bones  but I think that we could have tailored the system better to suit the players we had available. 

Overall a good point, which I would have taken before kick off, but disappointing to lose a late goal. We have a very suspect defence  as we saw once again today. As Spiderpig wrote recently, it doesn't help though when the midfield is incapable of competing and protecting it. 

On the plus side, we are scoring with Bair coming on to a game. He's proving me wrong. 

9 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Hope he gets a hat trick against St Johnstone 

That would be sweet!

Dont all ex-players score against their former clubs? 

Or is that just us? 😆