St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

19 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I am too. Don't think that Im not. Ive been going to Fir Park on and off (when I can afford it) since 1987... Showing my age now. So I'm aware of the rollercoaster. Irrespective of different opinions on here I'm sure we all want the best for the club. 

Just sods law that when I got a discounted ticket this year (student) we hit yet another rough patch. 

You went in 1987 and you are a student? How many years is your course on for? 😜😜, only joking, good for you 

20 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I am too. Don't think that Im not. Ive been going to Fir Park on and off (when I can afford it) since 1987... Showing my age now. So I'm aware of the rollercoaster. Irrespective of different opinions on here I'm sure we all want the best for the club. 

Just sods law that when I got a discounted ticket this year (student) we hit yet another rough patch. 

1977 for me .... definitely showing my age!! 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

You went in 1987 and you are a student? How many years is your course on for? 😜😜, only joking, good for you 

Wasn't planned going back to uni, a strange set of circumstances got me to this point. I don't even remember if Motherwell did a student season ticket the first time I was at uni. Probably not from recollection 

Plus if you are in a low income and in Scotland and study part time you get your fees paid. Not the only reason I'm doing it but it absolutely helps. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Wasn't planned going back to uni, a strange set of circumstances got me to this point. I don't even remember if Motherwell did a student season ticket the first time I was at uni. Probably not from recollection 

Plus if you are in a low income and in Scotland and study part time you get your fees paid. Not the only reason I'm doing it but it absolutely helps. 

Good for you, wasn't being nosey. Good luck x

• Like 1

What are our attacking options for Saturday. As things stand we don't seem to be bringing in an oven ready striker in time; Bair is fit; and Obika isn't fit. Attacking midfielders Nicholson and Halliday are short of match fitness.

It would seem we will play with a lone striker, Bair. Now St Johnstone  are a strong physical side who'll relish a street brawl. Craig Levein loves his teams to be hard and physical. If Bair is injured?

In short do we recall the young and inexperienced Mark Ferrie from Stenhousemuir. Is he match fit?

If we field Bair on his own up front its essential we support him from midfield - something we've never been good at.  

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

What are our attacking options for Saturday. As things stand we don't seem to be bringing in an oven ready striker in time; Bair is fit; and Obika isn't fit. Attacking midfielders Nicholson and Halliday are short of match fitness.

It would seem we will play with a lone striker, Bair. Now St Johnstone  are a strong physical side who'll relish a street brawl. Craig Levein loves his teams to be hard and physical. If Bair is injured?

In short do we recall the young and inexperienced Mark Ferrie from Stenhousemuir. Is he match fit?

If we field Bair on his own up front its essential we support him from midfield - something we've never been good at.  

I think Ferrie's back.

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Spittal moving forward is decent and get the wingbacks pushed up and we can be a reasonable attacking force. 

Im sure at some point over the next week strikers will arrive. 

Apart from set pieces, Spittal's biggest weakness is his lack of pace. This does limit his effectiveness when we play with one striker. A decent player nonetheless. 

25 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Apart from set pieces, Spittal's biggest weakness is his lack of pace. This does limit his effectiveness when we play with one striker. A decent player nonetheless. 

Spittal's set pieces weak? Shocking.....you would never hear me shout such a thing at Fir park!!🤣🤣🤣

My team.   Would love to start young Lennon but don't want him to get rough treatment and another injury, give him last half hour.  I would switch to a back 4

Kelly

SOD. Butcher. mcGinn.   Monty

Davor   Paton.   Halliday.  Gent

Spittal

Bair

Might be there which would be my first away game since.....no idea

COYW

10 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

My team.   Would love to start young Lennon but don't want him to get rough treatment and another injury, give him last half hour.  I would switch to a back 4

Kelly

SOD. Butcher. mcGinn.   Monty

Davor   Paton.   Halliday.  Gent

Spittal

Bair

Might be there which would be my first away game since.....no idea

COYW

I agree with you on Miller. I also think Mugabi will start this game, as his powerful heading will be needed to deal with the inevitable many balls shelled into the box and long balls over the top. Butcher doesn't seem able to deal with those (E.g. Butcher vs Sammon). So, I think we'll see the same team and starting formation as the Alloa game, with Miller, Halliday, Elliot, and Nicholson to come off the bench and change things when/if needed in the second half.

15 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I agree with you on Miller. I also think Mugabi will start this game, as his powerful heading will be needed to deal with the inevitable many balls shelled into the box and long balls over the top. Butcher doesn't seem able to deal with those (E.g. Butcher vs Sammon). So, I think we'll see the same team and starting formation as the Alloa game, with Miller, Halliday, Elliot, and Nicholson to come off the bench and change things when/if needed in the second half.

You are probably right pal. In the air Bevis is fine....it's ball with his feet that scares me!! 😜😜.

21 hours ago, wellgirl said:

good on yi hen  get right intae it   n good luck :thankyou:   me a can feckin hardly spell unavursity

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, smiddy said:

good on yi hen  get right intae it   n good luck :thankyou:   me a can feckin hardly spell unavursity

Criminology:) am loving it to be fair. My spelling is ok but I've had to work on so many other things... Hopefully Motherwell will kick on and I'll only be crying about my essays going forward:). 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Criminology:) am loving it to be fair. My spelling is ok but I've had to work on so many other things... Hopefully Motherwell will kick on and I'll only be crying about my essays going forward:). 

been there with the essay crying               2 nurses in the hoose

• Haha 1

If reports are to be believe and Montgomery is out, I suspect we’ll see Gent moved back to LWB and Miller/Halliday/Nicholson (whoever is fittest) coming in. 

I’d bite your hand off for a point given the state we’re in with injuries and incomplete recruitment.

Would love to know what the plan is if Bair gets injured at some point today/tomorrow!? Hope to hell we have one…..

Next 3 are huge, could really be doing with taking 5/6 points minimum. Particularly when you look at how tough the 3 after that are (on paper at least).

• Like 1