2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

This excerpt from the Herald article may clarify matters "Clubs tend to protect themselves by insisting the player must pass a medical on the day his contract begins, a clause that allowed Celtic to cancel the transfer of Jaroslaw Fojut last summer after the Pole sustained a knee injury."

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

This excerpt from the Herald article may clarify matters "Clubs tend to protect themselves by insisting the player must pass a medical on the day his contract begins, a clause that allowed Celtic to cancel the transfer of Jaroslaw Fojut last summer after the Pole sustained a knee injury."

I think that's a different situation tbh. Halliday has been playing for us since January. Foujat wasn't playing for Celtic before he was about to sign. Surely Halliday would have gone through a medical before he signed on for his loan spell?

11 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I think that's a different situation tbh. Halliday has been playing for us since January. Foujat wasn't playing for Celtic before he was about to sign. Surely Halliday would have gone through a medical before he signed on for his loan spell?

I would imagine so, yes; they could well be treated as two different contracts and require a medical at the start of each, though. They'll (probably?) have different structures, given one's a loan and the other is a potential permanent deal.

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I would imagine so, yes; they could well be treated as two different contracts and require a medical at the start of each, though. They'll (probably?) have different structures, given one's a loan and the other is a potential permanent deal.

Yeah possibly. Don't see him failing a medical though unless he's picked up a significant injury none of us know about. 

8 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

I reckon Halliday would do a job LWB. He can pass and cross the ball well and got a decent strike on him. Gent has been very good so will be tough to replace

If we're looking for someone to replicate what Gent did for us, Halliday's not the man. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If we're looking for someone to replicate what Gent did for us, Halliday's not the man. 

Agree. Not mobile enough for that. Halliday need to be used to sit in the middle of the park add a bit of composure and spray passes around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Agreed. Starting him as a defensive full back or deep lying midfielder to ping passes is the only real option. Whatever we do with him, he absolutely needs a player with pace/energy beside him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StAndrew7 said:

Agreed. Starting him as a defensive full back or deep lying midfielder to ping passes is the only real option. Whatever we do with him, he absolutely needs a player with pace/energy beside him.

Are you not listening to me?? 😂

So, who’s on everyone’s shopping list?

I’ll start with my picks.

Stephen Kelly, Midfield, Livi. Under contract for another year but always been impressed.

Bruce Anderson, Attacker, Livi. OOC. Always looks a threat. Rumours he’s signed for Killie.

Benjamin Siegrist, Goalkeeper, Celtic. May want first team football Might be too expensive for us as still under contract.

some interesting frees:

Devante Cole & Nicky Cadden Barnsley 

Max Strykek Wycombe 

Greg Docherty Hull

2 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Heard a few things about Kevin Davrovski and Motherwell 

might be replacement of Kelly? 

He still has a year left and we would need to fork out some dosh.

Joe Lewis is a name that keeps popping up via various sources.

34 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Why don't you all give Halliday a decent pre season to get fit before talking of ripping up legal agreements?

He might turn out to be OK.

I've got no issues with Andy Halliday being with us next season. 

38 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Why don't you all give Halliday a decent pre season to get fit before talking of ripping up legal agreements?

He had a decent pre season at Hearts at then hardly featured. Tougher to get in their team than ours right enough. He has been with ourselves for months and has been poor, even when fit.

I'm not saying we should rip up any legal contract. If there is one we should honour it even if it hurts us financially. I'm questioning whether that legal agreement actually exists because the term PCA has not been quoted by MFC or the media.  And if it does not, we should walk away given his four month trial with ourselves has been far from inspiring. We need players that can regularly contribute or we are likely to be in the same mess we were in at times this season. Paying good wages for little or no return.  Have we learnt anything from Obika and Souare?  

1 hour ago, TheoBair14 said:

Heard a few things about Kevin Davrovski and Motherwell 

I heard the same rumour in the POD Stand yesterday, from a Fife based source. He has a year to go on his contract

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I agree,  getting a bit fed up with the constant slating of him. Yes he has been poor so far but at this moment in time I would be concerned if we gave Bevis a new contract and Obika a 1yr extension 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I agree,  getting a bit fed up with the constant slating of him. Yes he has been poor so far but at this moment in time I would be concerned if we gave Bevis a new contract and Obika a 1yr extension 

Obika is out for the whole of next season, a wee boy stood on his toes in yon big photie yesterday.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, dennyc said:

He had a decent pre season at Hearts at then hardly featured. Tougher to get in their team than ours right enough. He has been with ourselves for months and has been poor, even when fit.

I'm not saying we should rip up any legal contract. If there is one we should honour it even if it hurts us financially. I'm questioning whether that legal agreement actually exists because the term PCA has not been quoted by MFC or the media.  And if it does not, we should walk away given his four month trial with ourselves has been far from inspiring. We need players that can regularly contribute or we are likely to be in the same mess we were in at times this season. Paying good wages for little or no return.  Have we learnt anything from Obika and Souare?  

Fair dues,  suppose he would have had a pre season with hearts even if he wasn't playing...let's give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to lack of Match practice .He might well be done but if he's here for another year , let's hope for the best.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I heard the same rumour in the POD Stand yesterday, from a Fife based source. He has a year to go on his contract

I've watched Dabrowski a few times this season and he's an excellent shot stopper but he's inconsistent at corners/crosses although looked to have improved that against Partick. I heard about that too and heard the Easton rumour again.