2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

13 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

He's much younger though. And quicker. Miovski not scored that amount and he's valued more than 5 mil. A load of those goals scored in championship too. 

God knows how, 

• Like 1

Bair has been a revelation considering the expectations were pretty much rock bottom when he got here but at the end of the day 750k for a player that's had one good season upto this point would be great business for us.getting him on a new contract should be a priority for us this summer,it's the only way we will really be able to play hard ball on a fee,if there's no new contract and he continues his form next season then you can be sure it will be a cut price fee then.

We got less than £1m for last seasons Premiership top scorer on 28 goals.

There are lots of variable factors but Theo has scored 13 goals and prior to this season had a total of 8 senior goals.

I take my hat off to the big chap for the improvement he has shown this season and it would be great to keep him as I think he can still improve, but anyone that thinks that we wont move him on if money like that comes in, or that he wouldnt want to move up a level isnt being realisitic.

Particularly those that would argue that fan ownership isnt working and we need to drop our pants at £1.5m investment from outside sources....... 

15 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We got less than £1m for last seasons Premiership top scorer on 28 goals.

There are lots of variable factors but Theo has scored 13 goals and prior to this season had a total of 8 senior goals.

I take my hat off to the big chap for the improvement he has shown this season and it would be great to keep him as I think he can still improve, but anyone that thinks that we wont move him on if money like that comes in, or that he wouldnt want to move up a level isnt being realisitic.

Particularly those that would argue that fan ownership isnt working and we need to drop our pants at £1.5m investment from outside sources....... 

Who says the investment from outside sources is 1.5 million? 

5 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Problem is, his worth isn't up to us, the buyers will decide that. If he is willing to sign a new contract, fair enough. Otherwise, the clock is already ticking and selling in January would greatly reduce our chances of finding a decent replacement.

That’s right 

Theo will be 25 at the start of next season and only about a third of the way through his career.
According to transfer market website his value is €750k (roughly £646k). 
Salary sport have his salary at £31200 - I’m assuming this is without bonuses. 
So if they are to be believed £750k isn’t that bad a deal and would mean that for an outlay of probably £50k max, the club would get a return in the region of £700k. 
Now I’m not saying we sell him but from a financial point of view £750k doesn’t look that bad. 
Personally, like most of us I’d rather we offered and he accepted a new contract on better terms and continued to develop/improve with the view to selling him for more next summer but  to a certain extent that would be a gamble and I could understand selling him if he doesn’t want an extension or if SK and his staff think he can be replaced and have someone lined up. 
No point in hanging on until the transfer window is about to close and then scrambling about. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That's the main factor I think. Like it or not, clubs down south will be looking at a player like Bair as a punt. They're always going to be asking "yes, he's done that in Scotland against the teams in that league, but can he cut it in the big time down south?" 

We could keep him for another year. But there's always the risk that he returns to previous form depending on what the team looks like around him next season. Will he be the same player without Spittal in the side? 

Not sure that's a risk we can take. We ideally need to bring these players in then move them on at a decent profit. Bair would fit the bill in that regard.

4 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

No point in hanging on until the transfer window is about to close and then scrambling about. 

No manager wants to be scrambling about. The challenge is that every player has an agent telling them to wait until the last minute because a better offer might come along.

12 hours ago, wellgirl said:

750k isn't decent cash. We don't need it that badly 

At the financial levels we operate at re wages etc £750k would fund possibly 4 or 5 players, so it's very decent cash to a club like ours. And the bigger English clubs know this all too well, it's small change to them.

• Like 4

If Bair continues to improve and score more goals, his goal contribution alone could be worth more than £750K in cup runs and league placing next season.

The best-case scenario would be that he signs a one-year extension on improved personal terms until the end of season 2025/26, he performs like a Messi/Haaland hybrid next season, then is sold for 4x that figure next summer. 

Or we sell him this summer for £750K, spend it on a few English lower-league jobbers, then hope that Moses becomes Messi(ah) next season. 

38 minutes ago, wellfan said:

If Bair continues to improve and score more goals, his goal contribution alone could be worth more than £750K in cup runs and league placing next season.

The best-case scenario would be that he signs a one-year extension on improved personal terms until the end of season 2025/26, he performs like a Messi/Haaland hybrid next season, then is sold for 4x that figure next summer. 

Or we sell him this summer for £750K, spend it on a few English lower-league jobbers, then hope that Moses becomes Messi(ah) next season. 

Moses is not the Messiah!!....... he's a very naughty boy.........cue.............ba boom......COYW

8 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Theo will be 25 at the start of next season and only about a third of the way through his career.
According to transfer market website his value is €750k (roughly £646k). 
Salary sport have his salary at £31200 - I’m assuming this is without bonuses. 
So if they are to be believed £750k isn’t that bad a deal and would mean that for an outlay of probably £50k max, the club would get a return in the region of £700k. 
Now I’m not saying we sell him but from a financial point of view £750k doesn’t look that bad. 
Personally, like most of us I’d rather we offered and he accepted a new contract on better terms and continued to develop/improve with the view to selling him for more next summer but  to a certain extent that would be a gamble and I could understand selling him if he doesn’t want an extension or if SK and his staff think he can be replaced and have someone lined up. 

600quid a week? I'd be surprised if that's all he is on

33 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

We should offer him best terms we can now. It's not so much a gamble if we keep him either. And he gets us into Europe or further in the cup.  He's probably on more than 600 a week yes. Hope he was not on a win bonus as he wouldn't have got much extra. If Kelly leaves Bair can have some of the salary cash. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Why not?

We are by all accounts the third lowest wage budget in the country & Bair was never brought in as an assumed starting 11 man but rather a squad player to work on. And he is young. He will have done well in terms of bonuses but i wouldnt be surprised if he is one of our lower earners (in terms of basic)

Saying that, i have no idea what a lower earner at MFC will be on.

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Why not?

We are by all accounts the third lowest wage budget in the country & Bair was never brought in as an assumed starting 11 man but rather a squad player to work on. And he is young. He will have done well in terms of bonuses but i wouldnt be surprised if he is one of our lower earners (in terms of basic)

Saying that, i have no idea what a lower earner at MFC will be on.

I think some on here have an unrealistic view of just how much a typical Motherwell player earns. We are now used to describing your average footballers wages in the 10's of thousands etc but for me I think that's fantasy land when discussing Motherwell. There may be 1 or 2 senior players on maybe 2 or 3k a week, but I believe the vast majority of the squad are on significantly lower wages than that so £600 a week may be nearer the truth.