Theo Bair

SteelmaninOZ

A really good insight into what a modern day player goes through. The boy is not a natural goalscorer but is working hard on every aspect of his game to improve technically and up his goal tally.

hes been a revelation this season and I’m delighted for him and delighted for the doubters who’d wrote him off before he kicked a ball.
A great example of why you shouldn’t write off a player.  What doesn’t work for a player at one team might work at another team.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Love this guy.  We all doubted him but his workrate could never be questioned.  Putting it out there but with Mika leaving did that actually help as he then got moved to a central position? Just curious 

You make an excellent point. Mika would probably have attracted all the headlines but his departure opened up the opportunity for someone else and Theo has certainly taken that chance. 

• Thanks 1

Just shows you when the a player meets the right manager anything can happen.Kettlewell and the coaching staff have brought Bair on ten fold with the right coaching,proper analysis and Bair has listened worked hard to where he has got to this season to this point.

Fantastic from all involved and this is the kinda video I hope the club makes more of found it such an insight.

Edited by Spit_It_Out
  • Like 1

A thoroughly uninspiring signing who looked thoroughly uninspiring for his first few months or so. But his workrate was never in question and he has been without doubt a much improved player since mid to late December and has clearly grown in confidence and is now a key part of the team that we wouldn’t want to be without. 

I like him. 

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Love this guy.  We all doubted him but his workrate could never be questioned.  Putting it out there but with Mika leaving did that actually help as he then got moved to a central position? Just curious 

There's definitely truth in what you say there,as much as I wanted mika to stay,him going gave bair the chance to be the main man up front,which he has grabbed with both hands and at the same time we're developing our own player rather than a loanee and a player that we most likely will have a lot of interest in come the summer,who would have thought that a few months ago when he signed.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

Turns out a professional football manager knew more about coaching players than random punters on a message board.

Who'd havce thunk it ?? he's certainly defied the experts 🙂 That Vale bloke was a pish panic signing as well. In fact, the last two windows have been a complete failure if I'm reading the forum correctly.

39 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

I'm not surprised he is a success. It was the usual culprits writing him off.

The challenge for him now is to see if he can keep up or improve his performances as teams will be paying more attention to him. 

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

The challenge for him now is to see if he can keep up or improve his performances as teams will be paying more attention to him. 

Very true. It will be pivotal time in his career if he can reach next level or not. Certainly Rangers couldn't cope with him. 

On 3/8/2024 at 7:28 PM, weeyin said:

Turns out a professional football manager knew more about coaching players than random punters on a message board.

dont disagree with you, but ones mans shite is an other mans gold.     davidson dumped bair then got dumped himself,  kettlewell took a HUGE PUNT, and bair in a way has helped save his job :)

15 hours ago, smiddy said:

dont disagree with you, but ones mans shite is an other mans gold.     davidson dumped bair then got dumped himself,  kettlewell took a HUGE PUNT, and bair in a way has helped save his job :)

Players suddenly don't develop talent and improve just by moving clubs it's always there so maybe Davidson could not see it and utilise the player to get the best from him as well as SK has.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:07 PM, grizzlyg said:

I never doubted him , I just didn't join the Wikipedia fed "he's shite" before I saw him play. Same with Jack Vale both  have turned out better than I could have hoped for.

I don't know if these sites are anywhere near accurate if they are we have work to do on his current wages never mind extending his contract.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

He was on $81,375 guaranteed in his last season in Vancouver, which is about £65,500. That would be quite a drop in wages if that site is accurate.

(The Vancouver one is accurate because MLS teams have to publish their salaries every season).