Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

Let’s hope for a huge crowd at fir park next week.

in fact, looking back on high expectation games/crowds we’ve had in past games, let’s hope for a small crowd and a scraped win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my goodness me, So if we beat Hibs next week and Aberdeen beat Dundee we could do the unthinkable and burgal a spot in the top 6 ?Lets not hang up our bikinis just yet Yabba 😂 The dream is still alive 🎣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mio said:

Let’s hope for a huge crowd at fir park next week.

in fact, looking back on high expectation games/crowds we’ve had in past games, let’s hope for a small crowd and a scraped win.

Closed doors at Airdrie.

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The manager's tactics and starting line ups. 

Exactly, over thinks how to start a game, usually negatively. Then reacts well once hes seen the opposition play.  Not a very good combination hes got to improve on this over thinking stuff during the week n play to our strengths.

• Like 1

I agree that Kettlewell has overthought it over the last few weeks, however lets give him some credit for making the subs that changed the match. We often hear about no plan B however not so much this week.

Great goal from Moses best comback since Lazarus

15 minutes ago, stv said:

Exactly, over thinks how to start a game, usually negatively. Then reacts well once hes seen the opposition play.  Not a very good combination hes got to improve on this over thinking stuff during the week n play to our strengths.

Or, just hear me out here...

He puts out the best available players we have, and on occasion, we look like the better team against the opposition, but on other occasions, the opposition looks better than us, and Kettlewell makes some tactical changes as well as personnel changes and uses his know-how to change the game in our favour? 

I know that's mental, as that would actually involve giving the guy some form of credit for doing his job, but could it possibly be the answer? Could he have "out-coached" the opposition? 

Tell you what, that was a great finish by Moses. For his first outing he looks decent. Also another special mention for big ODonnell, thought he was excellent when he came on.

im trying not to focus on that dundee second goal and just bask in a glorious comeback. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David said:

Or, just hear me out here...

He puts out the best available players we have, and on occasion, we look like the better team against the opposition, but on other occasions, the opposition looks better than us, and Kettlewell makes some tactical changes as well as personnel changes and uses his know-how to change the game in our favour? 

I know that's mental, as that would actually involve giving the guy some form of credit for doing his job, but could it possibly be the answer? Could he have "out-coached" the opposition? 

We got a massive break with the penalty but then we've had those decisions against us recently. One thing is clear though. That starting 11 today was never good enough. There was no spark, no invention and we resorted to hoofing the ball forward to Bair who couldn't hold anything up. We were much improved when O'Donnell and Miller came on. It tells me that the squad isn't strong enough. We lose a couple of players to injury and we can't play football.

1 minute ago, wellup83 said:

We got a massive break with the penalty but then we've had those decisions against us recently. One thing is clear though. That starting 11 today was never good enough. There was no spark, no invention and we resorted to hoofing the ball forward to Bair who couldn't hold anything up. We were much improved when O'Donnell and Miller came on. It tells me that the squad isn't strong enough. We lose a couple of players to injury and we can't play football.

We've not had an easy run of things with injuries this season as folks know. Did I think at two nil down we were going to win? No. At two one? No. Probably not even at 2-2. Id have happily taken the point. I think we've done ok given the loss of Slattery. Losing Biereth. Miller's injury. And so on. That was probably one of the biggest games of our season today. 

39 minutes ago, stv said:

Surely the players have to take some responsibility if we aren't playing well. It's not just on the management 

Initial thoughts on the game are we were terrible in the first half - unsure if that was because of the state of the half of the park we were shooting towards, piss poor play, over cautious tactics or a combination of all of the above. 
Second half passing and tactics to go forward improved and we looked better but WTF was Kelly doing at the second goal?
I thought our penalty was never a penalty and that VAR/referee bottled not giving it but will reserve judgment until I see it again. 
After that the rest of the game was manic and we could have scored another 1 or 2 goals. 
Delighted with the result. 

49 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

It tells me that the squad isn't strong enough. We lose a couple of players to injury and we can't play football.

With our budget, that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We can't really afford to have quality in depth, and like many others in the league, we just need to work with what we have.

That dens park pitch is awesome! 😜😜, what an unbelievable comeback and full credit to all the staff and players.   To be in with shout of top 6 is unbelievable and let's get a huge crowd next week. COYW

1 hour ago, stv said:

Ha, Ha ,Ha. Keep it up.

I’m happy that we won, despite it looking for all the world that we were dead and buried when we went 2-0 down. Aren’t you? 

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Surely the players have to take some responsibility if we aren't playing well. It's not just on the management 

I think a lot of it is . Over the season his starting tactics have generally been crap. How many time do we loose the first goal and are shite in the first half.  But fair play to him he has changed a lot of games by tactical switches but thats usually when hes seen the game pan out and when we are down by a goal or two. Think how well we would be doing if he could manage the first half of a game better. Hence so many draws.

How about giving the halftime talk before kickoff.