Bottom 6 Season 2023/24

TheoBair14

2 hours ago, well_said said:

That clown Shaw's miss not only cost us another two points but potentially some much needed cash as well . 

The two points yes, extra cash no, apart from us winning we also needed Aberdeen to beat Dundee which never happened, so it's 7th place prize money at best this season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Personal opinion but I'm not that interested now finishing 7th or 8th or 9th. I know money means a lot to club but to fans I'm not interested now and season over. Splits not a great idea. Means seasons finished and clubs in top half sometimes have less points than bottom 6. Think we're safe now points plus goal difference. Wil be back at league cup matches.

Ive never understood this logic.

Surely you are interested in how much money the manager has to spend on new players in the close season.

As has been already stated the difference of a couple of places  could be £125k.

That could be the difference in getting a couple of our 1st choice targets, or having to settle for "projects" again.

Every game between now and the end of the season is important to us.

We have a big rebuild again in the summer. The more money we have for that the better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

Personal opinion but I'm not that interested now finishing 7th or 8th or 9th. I know money means a lot to club but to fans I'm not interested now and season over. Splits not a great idea. Means seasons finished and clubs in top half sometimes have less points than bottom 6. Think we're safe now points plus goal difference. Wil be back at league cup matches.

I think we're almost safe but won't take it for granted until we're mathematically home and dry. If, as seems likely, we play Aberdeen, Hibs or Ross County away first, and suffer a loss, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility, there will be a few squeaky bums on here and elsewhere amongst our support. 

The sequence of the fixtures will be crucial. We don't want Ross County away as the first fixture. To be fair, none of the other 4 teams will either.

Our season isn't quite over yet.

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think we're almost safe but won't take it for granted until we're mathematically home and dry. If, as seems likely, we play Aberdeen, Hibs or Ross County away first, and suffer a loss, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility, there will be a few squeaky bums on here and elsewhere amongst our support. 

The sequence of the fixtures will be crucial. We don't want Ross County away as the first fixture. To be fair, none of the other 4 teams will either.

I’m thinking on similar lines. 
Well said.

25 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The two points yes, extra cash no, apart from us winning we also needed Aberdeen to beat Dundee which never happened, so it's 7th place prize money at best this season.

The point I was making was  to finish as high as possible in the bottom six where there is also a difference in prize money . Every penny counts.

Edited by well_said
Text
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, David said:

I don't think anyone will ever confuse you for that. Happy? Very rarely. Clapper? I doubt you clap much at Fir Park.

I can only assume you’ve followed me around Fir Park for the past 30+ years with a clicker in each hand noting my boos vs applause.

But, if you must know, I never boo my own team or players, and I generally always stay behind to applaud the team, regardless of the result.  

It may come as a shock to you, but what people choose to critically express on a football forum after a match and how they carry themselves at the match are often not one and the same. 

Happy Monday to you! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Quite: I think when Dundee were relegated in 2005 (John Sutton was on loan with them at the time) they went down  because of a disastrous sequence of results after they narrowly missed getting into the top six. Pressure can build and panic ensue quickly if the first two or three  games  don't produce some points. I suspect St Johnstone supporters will be particularly unsettled by RC's victory.

For once the likliehood of our  having three away fixtures post-split may seem to be a good thing, given our poor home record.

41 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

As expected, Post split fixtures won't be released until after Wednesday as SPFL "want to confirm final pre split top 6 league placings". They think our heads button up the back.

They are working out how to avoid the next ugly sisters game at Parkhead becoming a title decider Dave. It's only ever all about those two the other forty clubs in Scotland are irrelevant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, well_said said:

That clown Shaw's miss not only cost us another two points but potentially some much needed cash as well . 

You can't distill our lack of points down to one incident in one game. We've given away many goals that have cost us points and missed many chances that would have potentially earned us points over the course of the season. Just like every other team. 

That's why the league table is a good reflection of form over the season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

They are working out how to avoid the next ugly sisters game at Parkhead becoming a title decider Dave. It's only ever all about those two the other forty clubs in Scotland are irrelevant.

Only in Scotland.

Any other country it would be the showpiece winner takes all finale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

As expected, Post split fixtures won't be released until after Wednesday as SPFL "want to confirm final pre split top 6 league placings". They think our heads button up the back.

The only positional change that can happen would require Dundee to beat rangers by 5 or 6 goals. Aye!  we best wait and see. 😳

7 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Or worse still, Celtic v Rangers is the first game after the title is settled and one arse cheek refuses to applaud the Champions on to the park.

On 4/13/2024 at 5:19 PM, TheoBair14 said:

I think this is who we play where 

Hibs at Easter Road 
Aberdeen at Pittodrie   
St Johnstone at Fir Park 
Ross County in Dingwall 
Livingston at Fir Park

I thought it would be

Aberdeen (H)
Livingston (H)
St Johnstone (H)
Hibs (A).
Ross County (A)

6 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Not sure how they work it

They make sure the ugly sisters get 19 home and 19 away games each,  and once those two have agreed the fixtures, the other clubs get what's left, that's the usual approach every season.

17 hours ago, santheman said:

Only in Scotland.

Any other country it would be the showpiece winner takes all finale.

Really?

If you look at the EPL Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal were the three bookies favourites and the last match between them was two Saturdays ago. Man City have an extremely easy run in for their final 7 games. 

I don't remember too many Spanish Classicos in April or May either. 

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Really?

If you look at the EPL Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal were the three bookies favourites and the last match between them was two Saturdays ago. Man City have an extremely easy run in for their final 7 games. 

I generally agree with some of what you say, but not over this.  However, its wrong to solely blame the SPFL, although they do deserve some criticism. Police Scotland will already have made its feelings known and the Scottish Government (it doesn't matter who is in power) will also be monitoring the situation. Sadly sectarianism is deep rooted in our society to such an extent that it mustn't be discussed in public, let alone addressed. We're still in the dark ages over this.

Sectarianism is at the root cause of this.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Really?

That's because they only play each other twice in the English premiership, it's the same in Spain so no need for any jiggery pokerey with the fixtures  required. As has been said only in Scotland with all the shite and nonsense that comes with the uglies.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

That's because they only play each other twice in the English premiership, it's the same in Spain so no need for any jiggery pokerey with the fixtures  required. As has been said only in Scotland with all the shite and nonsense that comes with the uglies.

Aye but they obviously plan them out to avoid having big fixtures at the end. You never see Man U vs Liverpool last game of the season.

The Scottish Government love using football to deflect from their failings so the SPFL are right to take every precaution. Don't forget that Sturgeon cancelled fixtures and threatened to shut football down because Aberdeen players went for a pint in a pub that was legally open or that Youssef reported Rangers players to Police Scotland on the basis of an obviously doctored video he saw on Twitter. Scotland doesn't have a normal government when it comes to football. 

58 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye but they obviously plan them out to avoid having big fixtures at the end. You never see Man U vs Liverpool last game of the season.

The Scottish Government love using football to deflect from their failings so the SPFL are right to take every precaution. Don't forget that Sturgeon cancelled fixtures and threatened to shut football down because Aberdeen players went for a pint in a pub that was legally open or that Youssef reported Rangers players to Police Scotland on the basis of an obviously doctored video he saw on Twitter. Scotland doesn't have a normal government when it comes to football. 

You're not seriously blaming this, or any other, Scottish government for the bigot brothers' inability to behave like rational human beings, are you? 

17 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

You're not seriously blaming this, or any other, Scottish government for the bigot brothers' inability to behave like rational human beings, are you? 

Some people will blame the bad weather on the Scottish Government if it fits their agenda. Ignore them. 

20 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

There was a midweek Old Firm when Lennon and McCoist squared up and they had a debate about it in Holyrood. That doesn't happen in normal Parliaments. 

Politicians here will take any chance to scapegoat football to deflect from how fucked the country is.

• Thanks 1