joewarkfanclub Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 hour ago, Stuwell2 said: I think Thor and possibly Stam are finished with us. I know it was said they were training themselves as not ready to train with the squad but I feel that there’s possibility more to it than that. On what basis? They were both reported to have muscle injuries. If they are back training, they are maybe ok for light running, but not contact training with the squad? I think most of us expect Stama to return to Australia at some point, but its surely too early to be calling time on Eythor. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 Eythor would seem to fit into the style Alfred likes to play, with lots of crosses into the box. I’m happy to see him get a chance when he’s fit. If it doesn’t work then we can look for our plan B in January. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stuwell2 Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said: On what basis? They were both reported to have muscle injuries. If they are back training, they are maybe ok for light running, but not contact training with the squad? I think most of us expect Stama to return to Australia at some point, but it’s surely too early to be calling time on Eythor. No basis at all, perhaps you’re right but I just have a feeling that training themselves apart from the squad reeks of players not wanted or trusted by the management for some reason. Seen it happen at other clubs before. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AllyMax Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 hour ago, Stuwell2 said: I think Thor and possibly Stam are finished with us. I know it was said they were training themselves as not ready to train with the squad but I feel that there’s possibility more to it than that. I'd like to see Thor get a chance in a team that actually crosses the ball, because we didn't last year, but I don't hold out much hope for him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 minute ago, Stuwell2 said: No basis at all, perhaps you’re right but I just have a feeling that training themselves apart from the squad reeks of players not wanted or trusted by the management for some reason. Seen it happen at other clubs before. That’s usually disciplinary issues. In this case it sounds more like specialized rehab. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stuwell2 Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 2 minutes ago, weeyin said: That’s usually disciplinary issues. In this case it sounds more like specialized rehab. Hopefully you’re right and I’m seeing something that’s not there but I’ve never heard us talk of us train others this way when recovering. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 minute ago, Stuwell2 said: Hopefully you’re right and I’m seeing something that’s not there but I’ve never heard us talk of us train others this way when recovering. It’s not something I have ever heard of us do before. I suppose it could happen, but just doesn’t seem our style. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 2 hours ago, Stuwell2 said: I think Thor and possibly Stam are finished with us. I know it was said they were training themselves as not ready to train with the squad but I feel that there’s possibility more to it than that. Stama definitely, a waste of space, not sure Thor is in the same bracket hes hardly had a chance through injury. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said: On what basis? They were both reported to have muscle injuries. If they are back training, they are maybe ok for light running, but not contact training with the squad? I think most of us expect Stama to return to Australia at some point, but its surely too early to be calling time on Eythor. I agree, how could you assess Thor and to be fair hes looked a handful in the couple of games hes played. Stamas just been piss poor from day one. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kmcalpin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 48 minutes ago, weeyin said: It’s not something I have ever heard of us do before. I suppose it could happen, but just doesn’t seem our style. I've heard of us arranging non contact training for injured players in the past 5 years, but can't recall exact details. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happyhonest Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 Saw on Facebook (so must be right) that Maswanhise is linked to Trabzonspor who have made a 7 million euro bid. Can’t find the link now. Anyone else seen this? 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said: I've heard of us arranging non contact training for injured players in the past 5 years, but can't recall exact details. I meant I hadn't heard of us making players train in their own when they fall out with the club or other non-playing reasons. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kmcalpin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 4 minutes ago, weeyin said: I meant I hadn't heard of us making players train in their own when they fall out with the club or other non-playing reasons. Neither have I. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fizoxy Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 All the manager said regarding the strikers was "they're on the pitch now, but they're still doing individual work, they're not training with the team yet" A week after that both of them were added to the squad list for freiburg. It would be a stretch to interpret that as anything other than they're working up their fitness before any full contact training. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AllyMax Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 Has anyone else seen this Jim Carrey rumour ??? Bollocks I assume ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MelvinBragg Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 2 minutes ago, AllyMax said: Has anyone else seen this Jim Carrey rumour ??? Bollocks I assume ? Someone saw it on Instagram and sent it to me. If you look at the other posts this person has made, it's clearly nonsense... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 24 Report Share Posted August 24 1 hour ago, AllyMax said: Has anyone else seen this Jim Carrey rumour ??? Bollocks I assume ? Maybe it's his clone that's interested. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mccus28 Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 On 8/22/2026 at 10:22 PM, mio said: Record reporting overnight that we have agreed a Jardell Kanga fee!!!!!!!!!!!! £350k potentially rising to approx £900k with add ons 😮 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Great Balls of Shire Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 11 hours ago, Stuwell2 said: No basis at all, perhaps you’re right but I just have a feeling that training themselves apart from the squad reeks of players not wanted or trusted by the management for some reason. Seen it happen at other clubs before. Alf doesn't seem the kind of manager who would alienate players like that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellfan Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 Eythor deserves the chance to show us what he can do this season. As for Stama, the new manager will likely give him an opportunity, although we all know how that’s likely to end. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stv Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 1 hour ago, wellfan said: Eythor deserves the chance to show us what he can do this season. As for Stama, the new manager will likely give him an opportunity, although we all know how that’s likely to end. Aye ....... INJURY. To his elbow , that the only part of his body he hasn't hurt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellsince75 Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 1 hour ago, wellfan said: Eythor deserves the chance to show us what he can do this season. As for Stama, the new manager will likely give him an opportunity, although we all know how that’s likely to end. We know AP is secretly your favourite player 😉 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
real dosser Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 A few weeks ago before Eythor's latest injury I watched the training at Dalziel Park and he was training essentially on his own with one of the coaches firing crosses into him and he was heading towards goal all the time. Maybe that's the manager's idea for when he is fit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
thewelllfan Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 16 hours ago, Happyhonest said: Saw on Facebook (so must be right) that Maswanhise is linked to Trabzonspor who have made a 7 million euro bid. Can’t find the link now. Anyone else seen this? Mo Salah will be loving life when Maswanhise rocks up in Turkey 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
joewarkfanclub Posted August 25 Report Share Posted August 25 16 hours ago, Happyhonest said: Saw on Facebook (so must be right) that Maswanhise is linked to Trabzonspor who have made a 7 million euro bid. Can’t find the link now. Anyone else seen this? Id bite your hand off for €7m. I would imagine if the rumour had any credibility it would be a done deal. Cant imagine the club haggling over much at that fee. Happy enough for Maswanhise to still be here after the window closes. Would surely be a motivator for him to get a move in January? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.