In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i said,from the horses mouth. It might not be 2k on the button,but certainly in that ball park,

Well I've heard it from good athority that our highest paid players at the club (stephen hughes not included who has wages paid direct by Boyle) are Coach and Clarko - and both of them are short of the 2k weekly mark.

Maybe with bonueses, etc then he could approach somewhere near 2k, but would be amazed if he was more than that! No infact, bewildered!!

We run a tight ship at The 'Ark mind, and 2k is a lot of mulla!

as i said,from the horses mouth. It might not be 2k on the button,but certainly in that ball park,

Hes talking pish to sound flash infront of his pals then, he's on nowhere near that amount.

Aye, it might be worth an average of 2k a week if he adds in bonuses for finishing 3rd, qualifying for Europe and getting to a Cup Final or something, but I can't see us paying a basic salary that high for a guy that could end up being backup keeper.

Well I've heard it from good athority that our highest paid players at the club (stephen hughes not included who has wages paid direct by Boyle) are Coach and Clarko - and both of them are short of the 2k weekly mark.

Well, that good authority should check out Loyal Bobs weekly basic. It'll be good to have that returned to our squad budget...

PS, this ain't a 'my source is better than yours' post or an excuse to start calling one of our current employees 'mugger' either.

That was my intial thought as well fringes, but who knows for sure. I can't imagine that there was a que for Big Boab, so he probably took what he could get and as I posted earlier I was led to believe when Coach and Clarko signed there new deals they became the top earners, outwith Shug and Ports who had wages "topped up" out of Boyle's pockets.

That said I have to hold my hands up and say I'm actually a fan of Big Boab's - quality passer, great from set pieces, strong in the air and the tackle - just a real shame he is slow and a tad lazy.

Bring back Sasa Curcic, and let's start paying players with virgins again. Them were the days...

Frazzle

;)

I was talking about that the other day. What was the story again?

Something like 3 virgins and a supply of vodka or something.

I heard Bob was on £1,800 a week and I thought the top outwith him and Hughesy were on £1,400 (the last I'm sure was on the radio at some point).

Can't have a go at guys for taking what is offered. What it hopefully means though is that along with Ports's wage off the books and the likelyhood of losing Buzz, we should have a half decent kitty for wages this summer. Surely that along with a handy transfer for Reynolds can help freshen up the squad with players of a decent standard.

Known to enjoy his night-life and his appreciation of the opposite sex, he remarked: 'I would not sign for another club, not even if I was offered 15 million dollars. However, it would be different if they were to instead offer me 15 different women from all around the world. I would tell the club chairman: 'Please let me make these women happy - I will satisfy them like they have never been satisfied before'.

Legend. ;)

2K? What a huge pile of shite!

2K a month mibbez!

If were paying him 2K a week - I'll go phone the administrators maself.

£800 per week is considered the low end of the wage scale for SPL players. Most established players will be on much more than that.

Heard on the radio tonight i'm sure that livi are close to going under and they need to get rid of players to balance the books. Jim spence said that the two livi boys had gone up to dundee and not agreed terms, maybe they are holding out for us? In this interview McGhee says he has spoken to two players already and was speaking to one more.

What about Leigh Griffiths from livi as well, anyone seen anything of him?

What about Leigh Griffiths from livi as well, anyone seen anything of him?

He came on late on in the Scotland B game last week and scored. Hard to pass too much of a judgement on him in such a short period of time, but he was fast as fuck and looked half decent. He must have something about him if he's First Division Player of the Year and getting trials with West Brom, given Stephen Dobbie was rattling them in all season.

did dundee no have a bid of 150k accepted for leigh griffiths but he rejected the move.if we could afford that id like to see us go for him he seems a good prospect and somebody that you could sell on in the future for a profit

Almost always comes up whenever a team lose their manager.

But, we always worry with McGhee's allegiance to Aberdeen that if Calderwood were to leave, would he return?

Well with his history with Reading, any chance that a return to the Madejski could be on the cards, with Coppell's resignation?

Well with his history with Reading, any chance that a return to the Madejski could be on the cards, with Coppell's resignation?

Unlikely Reading would approach him again with him having started his managerial career there. As Malky says, he did leave in the lurch a bit by agreeinbg a long term contract with Reading a month or so before he left for Premiership side Leicester.

However, I think there will be a few managerial casualities at the end of the season and I fear a few clubs who will part with their managers will have McGhee on theri radar.

I doubt we'll be seeing MM returning to Reading. Was working down south earlier in the year and one of the guys in the office was a Reading fan. He told me the 1st time McGhee returned for a game against Reading (did he not leave them for Wolves?) he got absouloutely pelted with Eggs when he came off the team bus!!

Don't think the Reading fans would take too kindly to him coming back