In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sheridan. Fits in well with the front three instead of just playing the front two and has the ability to bag a few goals. He does an awful lot of running aswell which his rival Sutton doesn't seem to do. Sheridan i would say has the potential to become twice the player as Sutton.

Now only if he can find a better first touch.

Agreed. I actually think Stevie Hammell is better than Paterson but that's not a common opinion amongst 'well fans.

:( Always have, Jimbob did a grand job filling in for us but a proper left back is always a better option as opposed to a stop gap.

if he was good enough, he would get a contract. he wisnae, so he didnae. endy story.

And if he was so good he was, apparently, knocking on the first team squad door at Motherwell, he'll get a lower league club easy - that's if he wants to work his way up.

And if he was so good he was, apparently, knocking on the first team squad door at Motherwell, he'll get a lower league club easy - that's if he wants to work his way up.

Thats not his gripe. Its about not being told about his future at the earlier stage when he asked about it. He did not wish to reach this stage of Season without a Club. The Manager wanted an experienced keeper, thats his choice and he has to decide in this financial cliimate how he selects his Squad. if he had not asked about hios future, fair enough, but he did. Just an area that needs looked at in future years thats all.

I still pish myself laughing thinking about getting money and Stevie Hammell for Patty. Fair play to Patty, he seriously stuck in, lost weight and was playing well, but as has been said, a younger player who is as good if not better AND money. Hand bitten off.

I'd keep Sheridan too. With Sheridan, Sutton, Clarky, Murphy and O'Brien theres some solid attacking players there.

I'd like to keep Sheridan as well - think he offers a lot.

There's a couple of things though - as a support I think we need to be more open to the loan idea, i think it's gonna be part and parcel of the games for clubs like ourselves - getting players in without the obvious longer term financial commitment.

secondly - he seems to be playing far better away from home - like sveral of the east stand darlings recently. think we need to get off his back. He's putting in the shifts and is coming on as a player - if we benefit in the process well and good. thought he took 5 times the pelters vs ICT that other playes playing similarly badly took.

From what I've heard and watching the highlights his contribution on Saturday was excellent.

I would only keep Sheridan if it was a pernament deal. MM could turn him into a really good player for well.

don't want him on loan as i don't like the idea of us loaning old firm players

I would only keep Sheridan if it was a pernament deal. MM could turn him into a really good player for well.

don't want him on loan as i don't like the idea of us loaning old firm players

See that jist disny make sense to me.

If it's the best value for money from our player budget then I don't really care where he's from.

secondly - he seems to be playing far better away from home - like sveral of the east stand darlings recently. think we need to get off his back. He's putting in the shifts and is coming on as a player - if we benefit in the process well and good. thought he took 5 times the pelters vs ICT that other playes playing similarly badly took.

From what I've heard and watching the highlights his contribution on Saturday was excellent.

All our players have took unjustified stick at home this season. Once we get this pitch in order, we will be more entertaining and the players will enjoy playing on a decent surface again, as the past 2 away games have proved. If we can keep hold of Klimpl and Sheridan, get Mclean signed up, plus add another Mid, GK n poss a striker, n a reckon we could be in not bad shape for next season.

id much prefer loans from Premiership/Championship teams than old firm. The 1 thing I dont like bout old firm players is we weaken our team when we play Rangers or Celtic as that player cant play against his parent club.

All our players have took unjustified stick at home this season. Once we get this pitch in order, we will be more entertaining and the players will enjoy playing on a decent surface again, as the past 2 away games have proved. If we can keep hold of Klimpl and Sheridan, get Mclean signed up, plus add another Mid, GK n poss a striker, n a reckon we could be in not bad shape for next season.

Aye i'd like to add to this, the pitch is 100x worse than we think it is, i was playing on it for that log in to learn game and the ball doesent bounce naturally at all. Absolutely horrendous and ive walked away from the game with damaged ligaments :huh:

I think a new pitch will improve our fortunes dramatically next season. We can get back to a style of football that this side is comfortable with and actually wants to play.

I actually think our starting 11 is a decent winger away from being as good a team as we've has in a long time. Where we fall down is even when we have 1 or 2 injuries we don't seem to be able to cope.

If we are lucky enough to hold on to McGhee and make 2 or 3 shrewd moves in the transfer market we could improve on this season no problem. McGhee says there's no money but one of his best qualities is spotting potential in a player and I think he'll see us alright.

Heard QPR have released Liam Miller, if Hughes is leaving wouldn't mind seeing him at Fir Park he showed a lot of potential at Celtic before moving down south and falling out of favour with managers etc at Man U, Sunderland. MM could maybe get the best out of him, but I doubt we'd be able to afford his wages!

See that jist disny make sense to me.

If it's the best value for money from our player budget then I don't really care where he's from.

I take your point on that but there's a bit of short termism going on there. We're never going to build financially as a club with 5000 punters coming to each game so one of the best ways we can make money is to bring on young players then punt them with a sell-on clause like we did with Faddy. Taking players on loan might make financial sense for a single season but at the end of the day we're handing them back to another team to sell (or play) after putting in the development work. Surely it would be better for us to be developing our own talent (where available)?

I see that in the Lee Beevers thread that Well-Made has pointed out that it's being reported that Klimpl is likely to end up at Plymouth. I reckon we'll need to see some serious transfer activity this summer now. The fact that Keith Lasley had a relatively impressive start to the season in the Klimpl role will mean not a lot to McGhee, I reckon. Given our potentially very early start to the season, we'd better get a move on...

I see that in the Lee Beevers thread that Well-Made has pointed out that it's being reported that Klimpl is likely to end up at Plymouth. I reckon we'll need to see some serious transfer activity this summer now. The fact that Keith Lasley had a relatively impressive start to the season in the Klimpl role will mean not a lot to McGhee, I reckon. Given our potentially very early start to the season, we'd better get a move on...

Not one for acting fast in the transfer market is old MM.

Not one for acting fast in the transfer market is old MM.

Well, should we qualify for Europe, we'll be going into the first round of games with a central midfield partnership of Fitzpatrick and Lasley. With no cover on the bench. if he's not going to be able to sign anyone in time for these games, he should just send out the players to get sent off on Saturday...