Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed up for an ICT site this afternoon, and someone said that the Ross County game was called off by the police due to the roads around the ground being dangerous, but they have said that there is a delivery of salt due tomorrow and they are confident the game will go ahead. Will take that with a pinch of salt (no pun intended) but it's good to get a bit of encouragement.

Match update, I was up at the Drumossie hotel earlier today meeting the wedding planner and she said that MFC are staying there friday night. However,they are gonna phone tomorrow to confirm if they are travelling as a decision on the match is gonna be made by the police etc then!

Unfortunately the next 3 days weather in inverness is as follows

Thu - Heavy snowfall and -2

Fri - Clear but -6

Sat - Clear and 1

The pitch is fine and will be playable, its the travel up that is gonna be the problem and with the train now prob out of comission till the start of next week, and it meant to be belting snow tomorrow when the decision is to be made, I can see it getting called off now!

If sat is called off the game will be replayed this tues,if thats still no good it will be the tuesday after

Anyone ken when there might be a pitch inspection planned?

-20C predicted for Highlands Friday night. :doh:

Presume they'll take into account road conditions?

its -20 expected in the Spey Valley, Grantown etc fairly often get temps of -20 up there when its snowing, Its meant to be -8 at most in Ness the night before the game but saturday will be above freezing,plus Caley stadium is at the waterside so itll be a little warmer than the rest of the town,Caley have covers + undersoil heating so the pitch will be ok

Match update, I was up at the Drumossie hotel earlier today meeting the wedding planner and she said that MFC are staying there friday night. However,they are gonna phone tomorrow to confirm if they are travelling as a decision on the match is gonna be made by the police etc then!

Unfortunately the next 3 days weather in inverness is as follows

Thu - Heavy snowfall and -2

Fri - Clear but -6

Sat - Clear and 1

The pitch is fine and will be playable, its the travel up that is gonna be the problem and with the train now prob out of comission till the start of next week, and it meant to be belting snow tomorrow when the decision is to be made, I can see it getting called off now!

If sat is called off the game will be replayed this tues,if thats still no good it will be the tuesday after

Shaka, not to put you off getting married there or anything, but I've shagged the receptionist in the honeymoon suite in there. The bottles of sparkling water you get in the room came in really handy :whistling:

from the bbc

Active Nation Scottish Cup fixtures

Saturday 9 January

Aberdeen v Hearts (Friday inspection planned)

Albion v Stirling (inspection requested)

Ayr v Brechin (inspection 0915 Thursday)

Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir

Edinburgh City v Montrose

Forfar v St Johnstone

Hibernian v Irvine Meadow

Inverness CT v Motherwell

Kilmarnock v Falkirk OFF

Livingston v Dundee

Morton v Celtic OFF

Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd

Raith v Airdrie Utd (inspection requested)

Ross County v Inverurie Locos (inspection 1300 Thursday)

St Mirren v Alloa

im hoping that means game on

We went to the drumossie as well. Wedding planner was a total bint so plumped for Bunchrew instead. P.S The wedding venue at Bunchrew is Claret & Amber and the planner was born in Airbles road!!

The wedding planner @ Drumossie seemed ok, shes from Wishaw as well,thats how we got to talkin bout The Well. Bunchrew is a nono,I had that booked when I was engaged years ago n Lesley wouldnt be to impressed if we booked that again,gong over old ground :whistling: . Checking out Craigmonie,Waterside + Lochardil House as well tho

BBC 5 day forecast (which isn't the most reliable) says the maximum daytime temp in Inverness on Saturday will be -4 and foggy. As much as I want to go to Inverness for this game, I can't say Im looking forward to sitting in -4 freezing fog for it. Potentially stuck on the road on the way home as the temperatures plummet.

It may well be an afternoon in the pub with Jeff, for me.

can the club give us any update with this? whats the latest? do they know anything that we dont?

temperatures are baltic outside, "sitting" in those temperatures obviously isnt ideal and the A9 is probably the worst "main" road in Scotland.

I really really want to go, i cant remember the last time i missed the 3rd/4th round of the cup but with that road, distance to travel, the temperatures and other factors - i dont know what to do.

after the Inverurie farce, i would rather they made the call early

According to ICT the game is ON... not sure if the police will intervene though

Oh aye... and considering we don't have 2 pennies to rub together for players.. why put the whole team up at the Drumossie? Why no just go to the Travelodge or something! :huh: